Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>PSA: Be Careful What You Say...Even Here
Signed out for Privacy 11:21 AM 02-08-2011
I am a registered user, but I've signed out to hopefully maintain my privacy.

I just got done meeting with someone from Children's Services. There have been allegations brought against me, and they didn't come from a vindictive parent. They came from here. How do I know? Because she told me what the allegations were, and most of them were things that I have only ever talked about here.

Someone, I don't know who and I probably never will and I frankly don't care, decided that they don't like me and dug through my old posts looking for stupid things I've said or done, then managed to figure out where I live as well as my real name, and contacted the local Children's services.

After discussing the allegations and meeting with the investigator, she said preliminarily that she's pretty sure nothing will come of it, that the claims are completely unsubstantiated. I had nothing to hide. I told her the entire truth of every single thing. The only thing that this is doing is causing disruption to my day and the days of my daycare families as each of them has to sit down and speak with the investigator as well.

So. Be careful what you say. Be careful what you post. Be careful what you vent, especially if it might be controversial. Someone on here, whether it's a lurker, a frequent poster, or someone who's completely unregistered, might someday decide for whatever reason to go back and use it against you. Someone you've never met, who's never met you, who only knows what they can read on the Internet, who only knows what you've said, and might not have the whole story--couldn't possibly have the whole story, because they don't know you.

I'm not sure any longer that this is such a supportive environment; I'm not sure this is a safe place to vent my frustrations. I am feeling the loss of the support acutely, as I have very much appreciated it. I don't know yet if I'm going to keep posting under my registered name or not. I haven't decided.
momofboys 11:32 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Signed out for Privacy:

I just got done meeting with someone from Children's Services. There have been allegations brought against me, and they didn't come from a vindictive parent. They came from here. How do I know? Because she told me what the allegations were, and most of them were things that I have only ever talked about here.

Someone, I don't know who and I probably never will and I frankly don't care, decided that they don't like me and dug through my old posts looking for stupid things I've said or done, then managed to figure out where I live as well as my real name, and contacted the local Children's services.

After discussing the allegations and meeting with the investigator, she said preliminarily that she's pretty sure nothing will come of it, that the claims are completely unsubstantiated. I had nothing to hide. I told her the entire truth of every single thing. The only thing that this is doing is causing disruption to my day and the days of my daycare families as each of them has to sit down and speak with the investigator as well.

So. Be careful what you say. Be careful what you post. Be careful what you vent, especially if it might be controversial. Someone on here, whether it's a lurker, a frequent poster, or someone who's completely unregistered, might someday decide for whatever reason to go back and use it against you. Someone you've never met, who's never met you, who only knows what they can read on the Internet, who only knows what you've said, and might not have the whole story--couldn't possibly have the whole story, because they don't know you.

I'm not sure any longer that this is such a supportive environment; I'm not sure this is a safe place to vent my frustrations. I am feeling the loss of the support acutely, as I have very much appreciated it. I don't know yet if I'm going to keep posting under my registered name or not. I haven't decided.
There are all ways we could be more private. I really should change my username so it is not part of my first name. I'm sorry you are going through this! I hope everything turns out okay & that the stress dies down. do you know who reported you?
DCMomOf3 11:33 AM 02-08-2011
I am sorry that this has happened to you. I know that what is typed can be misconstrued at times, or that what is written isn't the whole story. I am glad for you your investigator is not too concerned with the findings and I hope what comes of the investigation is for the best for all concerned.
cillybean83 11:38 AM 02-08-2011
that stinks! there is always someone out there looking to cause drama, just live by the rule of "what i say about you, i would say to you" and you'll be fine. if you vent about a dck or dcp, don't say anything you wouldn't say directly to the parent, that's where it can get hairy! maybe you don't WANT to say it to them to avoid confrontation or whatever, but not wanting to say it and just venting here is way different than saying things here that you would NEVER want your dcps to know.

i'm sorry this is happening, and whoever is messing with you is an @sshat.
mammaof3girls 11:39 AM 02-08-2011
That sucks!! I have already changed mine.
DCMomOf3 11:42 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by mammaof3girls:
That sucks!! I have already changed mine.
If you just want to change your name and don't mind your posts being attached to it, Michael can change it so you don't lose the association to your history.
momofboys 11:44 AM 02-08-2011
Yes, how can I change mine?!? Someone help, I don't want to lose my history either. Do I contact Michael?
Unregistered 11:45 AM 02-08-2011
Oh ouch...that is bad bad bad..I won't be posting here anymore - that is WAY to low. Everything I have ever said I own..but I dont dare post anything ever again as everything can be turned around..and used against you.

(Registered User Logged Out ( for good )
lvt77 11:49 AM 02-08-2011
wow someone seriously had some time on their hands to make this happen. how sad of a person they must be to spend all of their time to do that...

I am very sorry that this happened to you and my heart goes out to you.
I worry about the same thing all the time...why because I bought a premium listing to be on this site for those families looking for a provider. I think that if they are able to find the site, they can easily click on the form. I too will need to change my name as it is part of my email address...

again so sorry and I hope that it all goes well for you....
Cat Herder 11:52 AM 02-08-2011
I guess it would depend on what you posted, we all are mandated reporters.

I doubt any of the providers in jail for hurting kids ever expected it to be them, either...

I bet they would have loved for someone to have stepped in when they were getting close to that ledge (like that post from Shane reminds me of)?

Maybe just take it as a learning experience?

I changed my username as well a while back since I initially registered with my daycare name, duh.

It is all a learning process...but not worth leaving over. Just cooperate and it should go well if everything is on the up and up

Just because they said it came from here does not mean it came from a provider....they could be telling you what the other person told them to, YKWIM?

I know for a fact that all of my parents come here, too....
DCMomOf3 11:52 AM 02-08-2011
You can private message Michael if you want to change your name. I can try but I don't know if I have the authority.
momma2girls 11:53 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by janarae:
Yes, how can I change mine?!? Someone help, I don't want to lose my history either. Do I contact Michael?
I did as well.
momma2girls 11:54 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
You can private message Michael if you want to change your name. I can try but I don't know if I have the authority.
If you figure it out, please pm me on it.
MommyMuffin 12:05 PM 02-08-2011
Sorry this happened to you.

I dont know of any parents that go on here. It makes me wonder now.

It would be nice just to chat about our day without worrying that a parent will take a grip or vent as more then what it is. (A grip or vent). Everyone needs someone or some place to vent a little bit about their day with people who understand. My hubby doesnt like to listen to "daycare" talk and I dont have any friends that are providers so all you ladies are my daycare friends.

How would a parent know it was you? How would you know a parent was on the site?

Just change your name and start fresh.
AfterSchoolMom 12:06 PM 02-08-2011
I never give out any info that could be traced back to me. I don't use the same user name for my accounts online, I don't post any identifying information (like what state I live in, my kids' names, or even a website) for this very purpose.

It really stinks that someone did this. I've never seen anything here that was bad enough for someone to report, and I've been here for a couple of years now!
dEHmom 12:14 PM 02-08-2011
Just asking this to the original poster....

Did you create a website? And did you list your personal information on the website?

I am wondering, through a google search, if a potential client found your website, but also found you daycare.com posts where you username was linked to your website? If so, then they were able to go to your profile and then find all your posts. That is one reason why I don't want my personal information such as phone number on my website. I ask them to contact through the contact form, and then I will discuss with them after the fact. Because I know if I google any information I've posted in a thread on here, it comes up!
jen 12:22 PM 02-08-2011
I saw this happen on another daycare website that I belonged too. It's a crappy thing to do. I'm sorry it happened to you and very glad that it all is working out OK for you.

On another note, we just a note last month that being on the computer would be considered a lack of supervision during daycare hours, even if you were updating your daycare's facebook.

I would guess that any future accident investigations will include dumping our computers to find out what and when we are online.
grandmom 12:37 PM 02-08-2011
I'm so sorry this happened. Someone must have too much time on their hands.
Blackcat31 12:47 PM 02-08-2011
To the OP, I am so sorry this happened to you. People ask for help and support and then get poo'ed on for doing it...or they keep to themselves and things happen and society wonders where the person was failed.....

I know others have mentioned it but I think this is where a private members only area would be nice. I don't mean the off-topic area but an on-topic area for us reguluars to vent about things we all know about each other. So we can vent in "private" to each other. (My husband has a forum he visits in relation to his job that has an area for members only called "the basement" and you can't even go into that area until a moderator has approved you AND you have a minimum of 250 posts.)

I know that this site is suppose to be a useful tool for parents also but I don't see why we, as members can't choose which section we want to post in.....kwim? If it is a straight up general question about how do you handle late payments etc, then post in the general area but if a member wants to say "Hey, I got a family I talk frequently about who I have had problems with in regards to this or that.....what should I do?" We should have an area to get more on-topic advice from each other in a private area. If this means having to pay to be part of a forum, then charge me because this forum has been my therapy, support, on-line help, comedy act, etc. ever since I discovered it by accident.

I don't want to always have to be so secretive when we are in a business that does not allow for a lot of physical get togethers so we have no alternative but to vent on here. Plus alot of people on here have gotten to be friends so we should be allowed a bit more privacy in sharing. (Facebook does it...)

I know what the original intentions were when the site was started but like childrearing trends/methods, we have to change with the times and I think the needs of the members are different now..... this is just my honest opinion.
Unregistered 12:53 PM 02-08-2011
I am a registered user and for some reason it's not letting me log in???

Anyways, I am so sorry that this happened to you... I guess it can really happen to any of us. Scary! Hope everything works out for you. (((HUGS)))

Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Just asking this to the original poster....

Did you create a website? And did you list your personal information on the website?

I am wondering, through a google search, if a potential client found your website, but also found you daycare.com posts where you username was linked to your website? If so, then they were able to go to your profile and then find all your posts. That is one reason why I don't want my personal information such as phone number on my website. I ask them to contact through the contact form, and then I will discuss with them after the fact. Because I know if I google any information I've posted in a thread on here, it comes up!

I've never written anything on here that would be risky, but I did vent about a DCM quite a few times. When I first became a member I registered as the name of my daycare and then a few days later changed my name. Well, after reading this post I went to google and googled my business name and found all the post attached to my "NEW NAME". I'm so bummed, because it will forever link me to my business now.

Michael- any suggestions?
DCMomOf3 12:56 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a registered user and for some reason it's not letting me log in???

Anyways, I am so sorry that this happened to you... I guess it can really happen to any of us. Scary! Hope everything works out for you. (((HUGS)))

I've never written anything on here that would be risky, but I did vent about a DCM quite a few times. When I first became a member I registered as the name of my daycare and then a few days later changed my name. Well, after reading this post I went to google and googled my business name and found all the post attached to my "NEW NAME". I'm so bummed, because it will forever link me to my business now.

Michael- any suggestions?
I changed one name this afternoon after pming, was it you? look back at this post to see if it was you. You should be able to log on with the new id and old password.
momofsix 01:11 PM 02-08-2011
That is so wrong and I am so sorry that happened to you. This is supposed to be a place for support but often times it seems more like a place for people to act like middle schoolers (as in "I'm so smarter than you, I know everything, you're wrong no matter what you do/say....") If there was someone on here that actually said they abused their daycare children or left them alone or something like that it would be different.
Again, I'm sorry this happened to you.
dEHmom 01:28 PM 02-08-2011
I edited out the posts with my website address on the ones I could actually edit. Most of them I cannot. Funny thing, I googled part of my web address, and it came up on daycare.com as another user who has the same name but she has her first name and middle initial as well in there.

It sucks because I wish I never posted it now. Now my name can be linked to the website if anyone does a google search. I don't think I've said anything really bad or anything on here, but I guess I haven't always said the nicest things either.
littlemonkeys 01:35 PM 02-08-2011
I changed one name this afternoon after pming, was it you? look back at this post to see if it was you. You should be able to log on with the new id and old password.
No wasn't me... I changed mine a while back in January.

I'm able to log in now! Thx!
Live and Learn 01:35 PM 02-08-2011
OP....
What a bummer!
Somebody around here needs to get a life! Thanks for the PSA.

This thread got me to thinking about my rants on my screamer that I termed. I hope I didn't give out to much info!!

Bless your heart & chin up
AAA713 01:37 PM 02-08-2011
I am so sorry this happened to you. People that do this make me sooo mad! I just recently changed my username and lost my history because my name was in my other one.

This is just awful! Some people.....
countrymom 02:12 PM 02-08-2011
well, someone has way too much time on their hands. I think we need a private vent forum and lurkers need to be locked out. I'm sorry but why is it that they can read all our posts but don't have to post how safe is that.
anyways, to the op, if you want I can tell you what will happen with cas because I had an incident happen a couple of months ago, but I won't say what happened on this board but this is what happens when people take things to a new level.
Michael 02:14 PM 02-08-2011
I am not in the office but will write about this in a few hours. I've dealt with this over the last 15 years on the web and have not lost much sleep. Facts are what is needed. I will give a few pointers later. This is a great topic to discuss for the Internet in general.
Kaddidle Care 02:28 PM 02-08-2011
This is what I was trying to warn a fairly new poster about a few weeks ago (I think). I can't even remember what the thread was about but it was written like this was a private club and I tried to point out that anyone can look in on this forum.

It could be changed so that certain threads are to be read by members only but anyone can still sign up and become a member.

Just remember that when you post it can be read by anyone so try to not be quite so explicit about the scenarios. (I know it's hard)

We all have to think twice about what we say these days. Writing it on a message board can be like writing in pen - not so easily erased.
countrymom 02:54 PM 02-08-2011
the more I think about it, its weird. think about it, they had to get your name, your number, where you live (esp. since I'm assuming your are in the states) find out which cas to contact and keep all your posts. It has to be someone near you, someone who is very very jealous.
Mrs.Ky 03:24 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Signed out for Privacy:

That's awful I dont know why some people have nothing better to do then mess with other peoples lives honestly Im new here and it makes me wanna leave this forum.
nannyde 05:15 PM 02-08-2011
I'm confused.

If the child service worker read your posts on here and they saw in the posts something that they believed was evidence that you were not meeting minimum standards or was a danger to the safety of the children then why in the world wouldn't they just SHOW you the posts.... your written words that showed you weren't compliant or were doing something that could be neglectful or dangerous?

What would be the point of coming to your house to discuss your words and not bring up your words? If you are convinced that the words you used on this site is what sparked their investigation then why not ask specifically to see the words? Why guess about it. Just ask them.
nannyde 05:46 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
On another note, we just a note last month that being on the computer would be considered a lack of supervision during daycare hours, even if you were updating your daycare's facebook.

I would guess that any future accident investigations will include dumping our computers to find out what and when we are online.
I won't allow anyone to tell me when I can't be on the internet. I've had the internet for 13 years and I haven't had a single injury in my career. Being on the internet makes me a better provider plain and simple. Being on a daycare board makes me a better provider. I CAN be on the internet and safely watch children and learn my trade. The internet is my best source for learning the business and learning how to care for kids. I would never want to go back to the days when I had to order books and attend classes to learn my trade.

Being on the internet boards isn't any different than talking to a co-worker while you are at work doing your job. It doesn't challenge the safety of the kids in any way. It doesn't take away from the kids in any way.

We can't tell providers that they can care for multi level aged group kids doing the multi tasking needed to manage all aspects of their care and then turn around and say that being on the internet at the same time is dangerous to the kids. That would be like saying you can't have two kids because the second kid is dangerous to the safety of the first kid. We can either multi task or we can't. They can't pick the internet and say that's the one thing you can't multitask while you are caring for kids. You can cook, clean, do laundry, do dishes, answer phones, do paperwork, host a DHS inspection, do parent communication, advertising etc... while you are caring for kids but you can't be on the net?

I would love to see some correlation between the safety of children and providers internet use. I'm not buying it. I think we are all grown ups and we can safely fit in internet usage while we are caring for kids. With laptops and wireless internet it is frankly VERY easy to do. It's silly to think there is something about computer use that inherently makes supervision and good care impossible. It' silly
kendallina 07:12 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I guess it would depend on what you posted, we all are mandated reporters.

I doubt any of the providers in jail for hurting kids ever expected it to be them, either...

I bet they would have loved for someone to have stepped in when they were getting close to that ledge (like that post from Shane reminds me of)?

Maybe just take it as a learning experience?

I changed my username as well a while back since I initially registered with my daycare name, duh.

It is all a learning process...but not worth leaving over. Just cooperate and it should go well if everything is on the up and up

Just because they said it came from here does not mean it came from a provider....they could be telling you what the other person told them to, YKWIM?

I know for a fact that all of my parents come here, too....
Well said.
SandeeAR 07:14 PM 02-08-2011
So does changing you name, change it on the past posts?
jen 07:15 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I won't allow anyone to tell me when I can't be on the internet. I've had the internet for 13 years and I haven't had a single injury in my career. Being on the internet makes me a better provider plain and simple. Being on a daycare board makes me a better provider. I CAN be on the internet and safely watch children and learn my trade. The internet is my best source for learning the business and learning how to care for kids. I would never want to go back to the days when I had to order books and attend classes to learn my trade.

Being on the internet boards isn't any different than talking to a co-worker while you are at work doing your job. It doesn't challenge the safety of the kids in any way. It doesn't take away from the kids in any way.

We can't tell providers that they can care for multi level aged group kids doing the multi tasking needed to manage all aspects of their care and then turn around and say that being on the internet at the same time is dangerous to the kids. That would be like saying you can't have two kids because the second kid is dangerous to the safety of the first kid. We can either multi task or we can't. They can't pick the internet and say that's the one thing you can't multitask while you are caring for kids. You can cook, clean, do laundry, do dishes, answer phones, do paperwork, host a DHS inspection, do parent communication, advertising etc... while you are caring for kids but you can't be on the net?

I would love to see some correlation between the safety of children and providers internet use. I'm not buying it. I think we are all grown ups and we can safely fit in internet usage while we are caring for kids. With laptops and wireless internet it is frankly VERY easy to do. It's silly to think there is something about computer use that inherently makes supervision and good care impossible. It' silly
I completely agree with you...but that is the new thing (in my area) that they are focusing on. What I have noticed over the last nine, almost ten years of doing daycare is that licensing gets all hung up on one particular thing and make that a priority (read: witch hunt) It is very easy to pick up on what the new problem of the month is, because it will be the focus of our newsletter, they will start offering several classes on it, and when you have licensing visits, they will seek "it" out, whatever "it" may be at that time.
Abigail 07:47 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
So does changing you name, change it on the past posts?
Yes, all your information stays with your new name. It's not JUST typing though that can track you down. For those who use personal pictures--like me--as the avatar is another way to track someone down and link accounts. I think it's sad that this happened for the OP, but what does PSA mean? LOL

I'm always careful about what I say and try my best not to regret it so I'm always in the clear. It's basic internet safety. A few weeks ago I spent over an hour trying to google myself and found things online (posts from 10 years ago, I was in middle school then!) and I didn't want my screen name on them any longer....shows how long I've had my personal email address! I googled the sites and contacted them and told them to remove it. It did help, they didn't remove anything, but changed the author to anonymous. I recommend every one google their "First Name Last Name", Name and City, State, and E-mail addresses to see what they find. It's interesting! Typing in your email usually finds the interesting stuff even though you don't link you name, it's still you.
Michael 09:18 PM 02-08-2011
Ok finally got home from Santa Barbara. This is going to be long but needed. Welcome to the internet and the new age of everyone meeting everyone.

First, if I change your username it changes on ALL your previous posts. I can NOT delete posts/threads. I WILL remove an email or web address if asked. If you need to review your posts, use the search function or click on your username and look for the statistics label. In it you will see "find all posts" and “find all threads". You can see all the threads/posts for as long as you've been a member. I pity those that have over 500 posts.

I also want to let you know that most of this is not needed. ANYONE can search GOOGLE/YAHOO/BING and find a "word". You just don't need to be a forum member to have even Members Only section searched. Ever go to The New York Times and find that you can't read the whole article unless you are a member? Just copy the article title and do a GOOGLE search for it. You will find the whole article without being a NYT member.

The NSA (http://www.nsa.gov) monitors and stores ALL electronic transmissions. And I mean ALL the world’s data be it mobile/web/telco. Facebook is no different than any other member based site. You must be careful what you say and what you show. Even bloggers get sued these days.

Tempered words and using phrases "In My Opinion" can save you lots of time and money.

You can be straight forward here in your words since there is no way for someone to know who you are unless you post your website or daycare name on this site. Then it is fairly easy for someone to find you. Most will not bother but there are those that have nothing better to do. The truth will always come out and most of these forum terrorists (in my opinion) are taking something out of context or imagining something other than what was intended. Anyone can start trouble and that is the world we now live in.

Don't immobilize yourselves, keep reaching outward. You can PM me if you need further assistance.
jen 10:00 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
the more I think about it, its weird. think about it, they had to get your name, your number, where you live (esp. since I'm assuming your are in the states) find out which cas to contact and keep all your posts. It has to be someone near you, someone who is very very jealous.
You know, I don't really wouldn't be too hard...people often post on here where they are from or post their website. Once you know someone's name, or a variation of it, you simply have to go to the licesning website and match up your information.

I think, and I could be wrong, but what I gleaned from her post was that Child Services came out based on allegations. The content of which were items posted on here. I don't "think" that the licensing agent told her where they came from or if she had seen the posts.

What happened on the other site was a provider commented that she called her dck some sort of nickname, I don't remember what, I don't think it was horrible...someone on that board called her licensor and told them that the provider was calling her daycare kids names. Licensing, at least here, will ALWAYS pay you a visit if there is ANY kind of complaint.

I filed a report regarding a dcd. MONTHS later, dcd called licensing and made a ridiculous accusation (he was mad about how court was working out for him as a result of my "interference.") Licensing was well aware of the situation, but they still showed up at my door. We chatted, she left and marked my file "did not occur." I asked her then what would happen if he continued to make complaints, as I really enjoyed the kids, loved the Mom, and he was mostly out of the picture so I didn't want to terminate. She said that they MUST physically come out and investigage every complaint.
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 02-09-2011
Licensing, at least here, will ALWAYS pay you a visit if there is ANY kind of complaint.

She said that they MUST physically come out and investigage every complaint.
Licensing is the same way here......a stranger from 6 towns over can call and randomly make an anonymous complaint and licensing will grace me with their physical presence every time. I have no worries and feel they are welcome to come on over anytime they would like. It is all part of the "You get the good with the bad".
jen 10:09 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Licensing is the same way here......a stranger from 6 towns over can call and randomly make an anonymous complaint and licensing will grace me with their physical presence every time. I have no worries and feel they are welcome to come on over anytime they would like. It is all part of the "You get the good with the bad".
Thats how I feel about it as well. I had a horrible experience with one of my first drop in visits; the woman was a nightmare! She walked in my house, was rude and disrespectful--basically I felt like I had less rights than a criminal! You can't even walk in unannouced at a felon's home, but mine was OK? Oh, and hubby came home and she TOTALLY changed her tune and was a sweet as pie!

I've had her once since then and she was fine, I don't know, bad day I guess. The other drop-in chick is great. Quick and friendly!
dEHmom 10:33 AM 02-09-2011
This was totally taken out of context, and proof of how people misconstrue everything!

If you go and read the actual posts, you will see, that she did not leave the child at the top of the stairs for 90 minutes unattended. The child had control issues, and she was doing her rule as a provider to help the child learn to do things on her own. I'm editing this, because at the time I didn't realize the age of the dcg, but I still know that the child was safe, and she was sitting in distance of the dcg so she could watch her closely.

As well as the other posts on there.

GET A LIFE!

The quote I put on there, is not showing, because it was deleted. It was the one where some unregistered user attacked the original poster and linked it to her user name before all this mess.
kendallina 10:40 AM 02-09-2011
I know people are very upset that someone has anonymously 'outed' the OP and turned her into licensing. I have never had a problem with OP and have actually agreed with her on many many many of her posts, although not the ones indicated.

But, when you actually go back and read her original posts, don't you find them concerning?? I mean, the one about naptime, I didn't see what was wrong with that. She said she would just lay them back down and give 'the stare'. I give the stare on a daily basis... She did say that she needs a break, but, of course you need a break when you're working 12 plus hours a day.

However, in her other posts, I have to agree that there are red flags. I know OP must be fuming right now with all of this discussion, but I hope this is taken as a huge learning opportunity and she's able to sit back and look at her behavior mentioned in these posts. She even says in so many of those posts that she felt bad for doing these things. Please please please learn from this and take time to reflect on this. I can't be the only one who feels this way...
countrymom 10:51 AM 02-09-2011
the op in the original post is NOT THE SAME op in post #40. Its someone doing more harm.
dEHmom 10:53 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I know people are very upset that someone has anonymously 'outed' the OP and turned her into licensing. I have never had a problem with OP and have actually agreed with her on many many many of her posts, although not the ones indicated.

But, when you actually go back and read her original posts, don't you find them concerning?? I mean, the one about naptime, I didn't see what was wrong with that. She said she would just lay them back down and give 'the stare'. I give the stare on a daily basis... She did say that she needs a break, but, of course you need a break when you're working 12 plus hours a day.

However, in her other posts, I have to agree that there are red flags. I know OP must be fuming right now with all of this discussion, but I hope this is taken as a huge learning opportunity and she's able to sit back and look at her behavior mentioned in these posts. She even says in so many of those posts that she felt bad for doing these things. Please please please learn from this and take time to reflect on this. I can't be the only one who feels this way...
Yes Kendallina, I agree. There are several points when reading it now that I see red flags, and op definitely needs some time to recoup maybe taking some vacation time?

BUT I have to say, should this never have come up, most of us would not have even realized the red flags. I think as a parent of young ones, I realize that all kids differ. And some kids it's always a battle. My 2 year old has always been difficult. He mastered stairs at 1 yrs old (just crawling), he was the kid climbing on counters and getting in the tops of cupboards, he is the one who made hubby have to screw dressors to the walls. He was also my 3rd child and I dealt with nothing of the sort with my first 2. I was not doing daycare at the time so don't flame me about that! and I mean, sometimes we make mistakes, and the truth is, we must LEARN from our mistakes.

I feel that alot of times, on this site especially, the things we say, sometimes come out completely different. They are misread, mistyped, the emotion, the contexts all taken wrong by readers.

And I am definitely upset that whoever the unregistered was who decided to post the threads and expose the op was a donkey, and I can't wait until kharma comes for you!
jen 10:54 AM 02-09-2011

There is a pretty significant problem that is being overlooked...

Daycare is in fact a stressful job. The majority of us work alone for 11 or 12 hours per day, often without a break. Providers NEED to have an opportunity to discuss the challenges that they face personally and professionally. Do you think that other providers will "reflect" on this and suddenly know all the answers for the problems that they face OR do you think that they will reflect on this and shut their mouth and hope it gets better?

If the troll in question was really serious about keeping children safe then the correct answer was to provide feedback and support. Instead, they chose to "out" the individual in question, intentionally paint the provider in the worst possible light, and do it under a shroud of secrecy. Who exactly did that help?

Not a very stand-up individual if you ask me, and they more likely did more harm than good. Who knows who is lurking...perhaps someone really on the brink; someone who will now just suffer in silence out of fear...

So here's to you troll...way to go.
Blackcat31 11:03 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
the op in the original post is NOT THE SAME op in post #40. Its someone doing more harm.
huh??? I am #40 post in this thread and I am waaaaay confused about what is going on! I missed something somewhere because the last few replies have been discussing where the op has been outed and posters are saying they read the original posts about stairways for 90 minutes and laying people down with the stare given and feeling bad...When was OP outed? Did someone say who she was on here and it got deleted??? I am TOTALLY lost now because none of that is me and yet a previous reply says something about post #40..... I scrolled backup and that is my response to jen about licensing here and how nice they are..... Someone explain please.......
kendallina 11:05 AM 02-09-2011
There is a pretty significant problem that is being overlooked...

Daycare is in fact a stressful job. The majority of us work alone for 11 or 12 hours per day, often without a break. Providers NEED to have an opportunity to discuss the challenges that they face personally and professionally. Do you think that other providers will "reflect" on this and suddenly know all the answers for the problems that they face OR do you think that they will reflect on this and shut their mouth and hope it gets better?

If the troll in question was really serious about keeping children safe then the correct answer was to provide feedback and support. Instead, they chose to "out" the individual in question, intentionally paint the provider in the worst possible light, and do it under a shroud of secrecy. Who exactly did that help?

Not a very stand-up individual if you ask me, and they more likely did more harm than good. Who knows who is lurking...perhaps someone really on the brink; someone who will now just suffer in silence out of fear...

So here's to you troll...way to go.
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you Jen that many of the providers here work alone, often for 12 hours/day. We NEED someone to vent to, share frustrations with and bounce ideas off of. I have worked in centers and of course the teachers would vent to eachother, it helped us to feel better and we were able to move on.

I know that we need a safe place to vent frustrations. But, in venting our frustrations if we are admitting to things that could be considered neglectful of children, then don't we all have an obligation to say something? If one of our parents was neglecting their child, would we not say something?

Honestly, I don't know if what the unregistered person did was right or wrong. I don't know the right way to handle something like that. I'm not standing up for how they handled it. And really, I don't care about that person. I only care about the poster of those concerning comments and her children. I just hope (as we all should) that things are okay with her and with her children. Really, that's all.

And, no, I wasn't the unregistered user.
kendallina 11:05 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
huh??? I am #40 post in this thread and I am waaaaay confused about what is going on! I missed something somewhere because the last few replies have been discussing where the op has been outed and posters are saying they read the original posts about stairways for 90 minutes and laying people down with the stare given and feeling bad...When was OP outed? Did someone say who she was on here and it got deleted??? I am TOTALLY lost now because none of that is me and yet a previous reply says something about post #40..... I scrolled backup and that is my response to jen about licensing here and how nice they are..... Someone explain please.......
Post #40 was deleted.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 02-09-2011
Post #40 was deleted.
Oh, okay gottcha.....see perfect example of how things get hazy from time to time.
cillybean83 11:13 AM 02-09-2011
this is all way to dramatic for me.

We need to stop and remember for a moment that this is the internet, this is not real life, and I for one don't know anyone here personally (although I think it would ROCK to be friends with some of you in real life) and to be honest, we could all be talking to 80 year old guys sitting in their underwear watching Dr. Phil...and we really wouldn't know it, kwim? So for someone to take something from the internet and inject themselves into someones real life, is a bit creepy...the unregistered person should have confronted the OP here, on mutual territory, not taken it off the site and called the state, that is messed up.
jen 11:14 AM 02-09-2011
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you Jen that many of the providers here work alone, often for 12 hours/day. We NEED someone to vent to, share frustrations with and bounce ideas off of. I have worked in centers and of course the teachers would vent to eachother, it helped us to feel better and we were able to move on.

I know that we need a safe place to vent frustrations. But, in venting our frustrations if we are admitting to things that could be considered neglectful of children, then don't we all have an obligation to say something? If one of our parents was neglecting their child, would we not say something?

Honestly, I don't know if what the unregistered person did was right or wrong. I don't know the right way to handle something like that. I'm not standing up for how they handled it. And really, I don't care about that person. I only care about the poster of those concerning comments and her children. I just hope (as we all should) that things are okay with her and with her children. Really, that's all.

I totally agree with you...my issue is that it doesn't "look" like the "concerned" individual said anything in the original posts that she quoted. There were very few negative remarks, which makes me wonder what the motive was behind the reporters actions actually were.

I do share concern for all the children in our care, but I do think we need to make certain that people feel free to come here to vent and seek advice without fear.
dEHmom 11:20 AM 02-09-2011
My understanding now is that, the OP of the thread is not the same OP as the person who was outed with the other thread posts?

I love this site! It has helped me in soooo many ways. And sometimes it gets high schoolish, and we all like to say things, and start fights, but that makes for a healthy environment no? Do we not fight with our significant others sometimes? Can't have love without hate, lol.

I think whoever is causing problems, needs to just get a life. Seriously.
Everyone of us has probably at some time said something wrong on here. And if someone is going to be a jerk, and go through every single post on this site to find those, then c'mon. Really?

This site is a great resource for parents and caregivers, as well as any other teacher. And sometimes we may not all agree, but that doesn't mean we don't care for our children, doesn't mean we abuse our children, and it certainly doesn't mean that we should have to fear voicing our opinions, concerns, feelings, or thoughts.
Unregistered 11:24 AM 02-09-2011
How do you go about changing your username? I would just as soon delete my account....how do I do that? I've went through all my posts and am not worried, but you can never be too careful I guess.
SandeeAR 11:29 AM 02-09-2011
I feel I have always been careful in what I say on here and anywhere on the internet. However, that said, I've now questioned some of the things I have said on here.

I know this has made me very cautious of posting certain replies. I have typed out at least 3 posts today and then deleted them.

My fear is, that it is going to make many of us, me included, NOT post for help in a situation that we need some. If the situation is at all boarding on confrontational territory, I think some of us will make mistakes in handling things that otherwise we wouldn't done, had we been comfortable with asking help here. KWIM?
cillybean83 11:38 AM 02-09-2011
just out of curiosity, i went through all my posts...all my venting is about my OWN kids! lol
DCMomOf3 11:45 AM 02-09-2011
I feel very bad for the OP and anyone else who is feeling threatened by the actions of one. I think we all can agree our job is a hard one, and we most likely don't respond in the 100% best way all of the time. If we did, I seriously doubt that this board, and those like it, would need to even exist. We all come here for support, for laughs, to vent (because we can't vent to the kids/parents and often times spouses), conversation, and, at least in my case, friendship and comradery.

As a member who appreciates this board and all the members of it, I ask you to stop analyzing of each post and let it be. I think that absolutely nothing can come from continuing to bash a member, or making anyone feel worse. The posts were reported and are being investigated. That should be enough for you who are condemning.

I hope that we can all look past what has happened and get back to the reasons we started to come her in the first place. I seriously think that dragging out the whole thing any further is not the right thing to do.
dEHmom 11:51 AM 02-09-2011
I have one question for the moderators and Michael...

We can go to statistics and see the threads started by us, and threads we've posted in.... is there a way to disable this so only friends can see it? or no one can see it?

Then we'd know that someone is actually searching for our posts/threads as opposed to simply just going to profile and clicking on them.
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 02-09-2011
I feel very bad for the OP and anyone else who is feeling threatened by the actions of one. I think we all can agree our job is a hard one, and we most likely don't respond in the 100% best way all of the time. If we did, I seriously doubt that this board, and those like it, would need to even exist. We all come here for support, for laughs, to vent (because we can't vent to the kids/parents and often times spouses), conversation, and, at least in my case, friendship and comradery.

As a member who appreciates this board and all the members of it, I ask you to stop analyzing of each post and let it be. I think that absolutely nothing can come from continuing to bash a member, or making anyone feel worse. The posts were reported and are being investigated. That should be enough for you who are condemning.

I hope that we can all look past what has happened and get back to the reasons we started to come her in the first place. I seriously think that dragging out the whole thing any further is not the right thing to do.
VERY well said...I agree! We are all friends (on-line) and can be supportive and respectful of each other. It is obvious that we do need each other so let's not let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch!! Let's choose to carry on being the self-motivating, supportive, resilient, tough, loving, softies that ALL the daycare.com members are!!!
momma2girls 11:56 AM 02-09-2011
I agree!! It's the weekend coming up- YEAH!!
Cat Herder 12:24 PM 02-09-2011

I fully agree with this.
Cat Herder 12:34 PM 02-09-2011

Sorry, had not made it this far.... Shutting up and going to my corner.
cillybean83 12:39 PM 02-09-2011
*taps catherder* um...that's MY corner...YOUR corner is over there ~~~>

tee hee
kendallina 12:41 PM 02-09-2011
Catherder and Cillybean, you can both come to my corner where we can all vent about our own kids!
cillybean83 12:42 PM 02-09-2011
we could all work the same corner!

wait....

no. that's not right. lol
DCMomOf3 12:43 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sorry, had not made it this far.... Shutting up and going to my corner.
tsk tsk. you can have any corner you want ... exept for my DCGs nesting corner
Sunny Day 12:53 PM 02-09-2011
This is really too bad. I'm not sure exactly what the posts were about, but its really unfortunate that we all have to be so worried about what we've posted on here. Daycare can be an extremely trying and frustrating job--long hours, extremely hard work, low pay, lack of any sort of support, etc. People who have never done it have absolutely NO idea! I believe that often daycare providers come on here and vent their frustrations and seek advice in difficult situations as a way to bring themselves back down so they are able to properly and happily deal with the children in their care. I know I try to never, ever let onto the children in my care that I am frustrated, but the bottom line is that I am HUMAN too and I need to express how I feel every now and then or ask for help. Its sad that I now feel that I can't even come on here and say I'm frustrated because it could be misconstrued. What a world we live in.
Cat Herder 12:54 PM 02-09-2011
Deal!!! I will bring the cookies.
jen 12:58 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
we could all work the same corner!

wait....

no. that's not right. lol
hahhaaaaah!!!!!
kendallina 01:05 PM 02-09-2011
Lol....
Tags:forum question, forum terrorists
Closed Thread Up