Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Masks
tenderhearts 08:54 PM 07-01-2020
I reopened my daycare mid June under the required emergency license I needed. With all the states seeing an increase in.covid cases im wondering if they will require daycares staff and children to wear masks. Im wondering if any of you are or having your daycare kids wear them 2 and up?
dolores 01:42 AM 07-02-2020
In my state kids are not required to wear masks while indoors or in private backyard. If we leave premises (which we won't do until this is over) they have to wear masks. Providers have to wear masks all day
Cat Herder 04:48 AM 07-02-2020
Here, the centers are supposed to if they have more than 50 people and are over age 3 "if tolerated".

Home daycare does not need to as we only have 6 kids, total.

I do wear them if I leave the house, although that has only happened once since March.
Annalee 05:29 AM 07-02-2020
Our three big cities have mandated masks guidelines when in public. The governor is making a decision in a few days if this mandate will be statewide. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.
Unregistered 07:32 AM 07-02-2020
It varies where you go. My state has recommendations but my new, small, in-home really cannot operate that way. I think masks are important but little kids don't really get the mask thing. Hell, many adults don't. And I cannot socially distant in my home (space, # and ages of kids) and they are getting germs everywhere anyway.
tenderhearts 08:03 AM 07-02-2020
It isn't required in daycare's here as of now, not even for providers. There is a state wide mandate of masks in public places, it seems though not every where such as a few big stores like Lowes and Home Depot are not enforcing it.
I'm just curious if kids will be required in daycare big or small
because apparently there has been an increase in cases in children ages 0-9. There was a daycare center here in my county that had an outbreak in June I believe 28 were infected. I believe it started with staff and their household. I feel if kids wear them they will be constantly playing with them and touching their face more so than when not wearing them.
Tags:coronavirus - managing daycare, covid-19 - procedures, covid-19 and daycare, face masks
Reply Up