Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Hesitate To Share w/Other Providers?
TBird 07:13 AM 08-03-2011
I'm just curious....

We all seem to share here because it's extremely helpful and we're all in the same business BUT we're far enough away not to be competition for each other. I am an "information sharer" by nature (I've been helping my sister-in-law get started) but I just find that locally, it can sometimes be "ify" whether other providers will share information and resources with each other.

Luckily, I've met a few local providers from Craigslist (go figure) that have been amazing and helpful and I know a few ladies from my childcare classes as well. I just find that some providers hesitate to discuss how much they charge, how much they pay their staff, etc, etc (I understand that people can figure out how much you make by easy multiplication and I like to keep that private as well but if someone is getting started or has a question....what's the harm?). I just don't see how I could use the information to anyone's disadvantage or detriment....Lord knows I can't afford to undercut anyone or steal anyone's staff, it's just helpful to stay in-line with local rates, how things are done, etc. And on the other hand, I'm wondering if maybe they know something I don't know......what information should I hesitate to share with others???

P.S. I see this with kids' things too. Sometimes other moms know about concerts, classes, discounts, programs, etc but they always seem to share the information with others AFTERWARDS. What's up with that???
Tags:business ethics, price, prices, rate - fair and reasonable, rates - fair and reasonable
Up