Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>End of Year Statements
jenboo 02:18 PM 01-29-2020
Hi! I sent out end of year statements that included the total amount paid and my EIN.
I have always done it this way.
I had a parent respond saying their accountant needs the year end statement to have a full name, business name (not registered), address and EIN on it.

What exactly do I need to be giving out to parents? Do I just type of some document with that info and their year end total? Do i need to show all payments??

All advice is appreciated.. ive never had anyone have issues with what I have given out.
Michael 06:43 PM 01-29-2020
Here’s a previous post on end of your statement. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75731
TomCopeland 10:55 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Hi! I sent out end of year statements that included the total amount paid and my EIN.
I have always done it this way.
I had a parent respond saying their accountant needs the year end statement to have a full name, business name (not registered), address and EIN on it.

What exactly do I need to be giving out to parents? Do I just type of some document with that info and their year end total? Do i need to show all payments??

All advice is appreciated.. ive never had anyone have issues with what I have given out.
Nope. There is not even a requirement you give the parent a receipt or your EIN unless the parent previously gave you Form W-10. So, tell the parent they have all the information they need. If you want to do what the parent asks, you can, if you don't want to create a hassle with a parent you like to continue in your program. But, it's not required!
jenboo 09:46 PM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Nope. There is not even a requirement you give the parent a receipt or your EIN unless the parent previously gave you Form W-10. So, tell the parent they have all the information they need. If you want to do what the parent asks, you can, if you don't want to create a hassle with a parent you like to continue in your program. But, it's not required!
Thanks! I don't provide care to this child anymore so I'm not going to go out of my way. I gave them all the info but their account wanted it in a PDF.... oh well.
Tags:year end statement
Reply Up