Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mattress For Pack n Play?
kitykids3 05:41 PM 03-31-2015
I am getting tired of the mattresses (boards) that come with the pack n plays not fitting right after some time. Plus I am starting to think the babies might want something thicker to sleep on. Does anyone know where I could find something like a crib mattress to use in the pack n plays that would fit edge to edge? That I could just put on top of the one that comes with it and would fit snugly? Do any of you do that? Do they make any that are the right size? If so, can you tell me what brand it is? Thanks!
Unregistered 07:02 PM 03-31-2015
I ordered one off Amazon.ca. It fits perfectly and the baby that was refusing to nap started napping! It was less than $50 Canadian. Totally worth the money if you have a problem sleeper.

Monkey Toes
Unregistered 07:03 PM 03-31-2015
....just search playpen or pack n play mattress.
LysesKids 02:51 AM 04-01-2015
You can even find 3" mattresses for the Graco travel-lites... the parents love that I use them and it's easy to just pull of the sheets for washing
Gemma 07:41 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
I am getting tired of the mattresses (boards) that come with the pack n plays not fitting right after some time. Plus I am starting to think the babies might want something thicker to sleep on. Does anyone know where I could find something like a crib mattress to use in the pack n plays that would fit edge to edge? That I could just put on top of the one that comes with it and would fit snugly? Do any of you do that? Do they make any that are the right size? If so, can you tell me what brand it is? Thanks!
I have the same issue! The pnp mat used to be 100 times better, before all the new regulations took place, the cardboard were contained in place in sewn sections and that made all the difference in the fitting....I hate the crease in the middle of my new one, I spent close to 200 on it and it sucks!
sorry, didn't mean vent

Does Licensing approve any other matrass on pnp, other than the original?
Annalee 11:25 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I have the same issue! The pnp mat used to be 100 times better, before all the new regulations took place, the cardboard were contained in place in sewn sections and that made all the difference in the fitting....I hate the crease in the middle of my new one, I spent close to 200 on it and it sucks!
sorry, didn't mean vent

Does Licensing approve any other matrass on pnp, other than the original?
In my state only the original pnp mattress is allowed.
284878 05:46 AM 04-02-2015
I wouldn't change it, I would find that you would be at a higher risk if something were to happen, since you are not using the pnp original equipment.
For thickness, you could use a quilted sheet.
Francine 03:52 AM 04-09-2015
Where do you find sheets that actually fit the Pack and Plays? I have two smaller ones that I have found sheets for but not the bigger ones. Back in the day the Pack and Plays came with a nice quilted fitted sheet, not anymore.
Gemma 05:00 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by Francine:
Where do you find sheets that actually fit the Pack and Plays? I have two smaller ones that I have found sheets for but not the bigger ones. Back in the day the Pack and Plays came with a nice quilted fitted sheet, not anymore.
I've tried different sheets made (it said) for Graco and they were all too large, even after washing! I'm thinking even if they were tighter, they would probably make the mat too small to fit properly, because of the cardboard sections overlapping.
Laurel 04:46 AM 11-20-2015
I had portacribs and pack n plays. A portacrib mattress fits in a pack n play. The sheets are interchangeable too. I think I got mine at Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/search/?query...method=related
Gemma 07:41 AM 11-01-2020
I solved my problem by hand sewing between the panels to keep them from overlapping and shrink the mat. I also had a tailor make me the sheets with fitted corners, so if the child pulls the sheet does not come loose
Attached: playpenmat.jpg (85.7 KB) 
Pandaluver21 08:07 PM 11-01-2020
I ended up switching to crib mattresses on the floor. For little ones that tend to wander, I put a play yard around it, but even little ones end up learning to stay on it quickly. I put a pool noodle under the sheet to keep them from rolling off.

We are allowed to have mattresses in packnplays as long as they are "firm" and sheets fit properly. I found that bassinet sheets work great!
Tags:pack n play
Reply Up