Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 09:34 AM 02-06-2013
UGH!
DCG pee'd all over my rug.
SOO annoyed!
She is not even close to being potty trained but she came today in underwear which I didn't know until she pee'd everywhere. Clearly she's being punished at home because she freaked out and cried.
Play Care 11:14 AM 02-06-2013
I am still very, very angry with my husband. I am so tired of the lack of respect, the fact I'm working a 50+ hour work week and am responsible for all the cooking, cleaning and basic care of our own children. Then he has the nerve to tell me things like "you never play with our kids" "you never want to just hang with the family" Here's a clue jack butt - why don't you help out some more and maybe I won't be so gosh darned tired? Oh but when I tell you I am getting overwhelmed and tired I either get a condescending chuckle out of you, or you start running down the list of all you do as if it's a freaking competition.
Thin ice, buddy, thin ice.
MN Mom 05:07 AM 02-07-2013
Ugh!!! Please don't drop your 3 year old off and say he was up at 3am screaming for cartoons, so you let him watch them for 45 min before he fell back asleep. It's 7AM, and your kid already gets less than optimal sleep, you give him coffee, sweets, chocolate milk...AND you let him dictate when he will be awake and when he will sleep. I get to suffer the consequences at 7AM with him SCREAMING in my toy room while his cousin is happy, awake, and ready to play. I'm sure the toxic (we're talking smells like death, as usual) diaper will follow from him being home with dad all day yesterday eating whatever he wants. YUCK YUCK YUCK. Thank Goodness June is almost here and I will be DONE with care save for my B/A School Boy. I can't wait!
lovemykidstoo 06:53 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
Ugh!!! Please don't drop your 3 year old off and say he was up at 3am screaming for cartoons, so you let him watch them for 45 min before he fell back asleep. It's 7AM, and your kid already gets less than optimal sleep, you give him coffee, sweets, chocolate milk...AND you let him dictate when he will be awake and when he will sleep. I get to suffer the consequences at 7AM with him SCREAMING in my toy room while his cousin is happy, awake, and ready to play. I'm sure the toxic (we're talking smells like death, as usual) diaper will follow from him being home with dad all day yesterday eating whatever he wants. YUCK YUCK YUCK. Thank Goodness June is almost here and I will be DONE with care save for my B/A School Boy. I can't wait!
Oh Lord. What is wrong with people. Why do people let their children run their homes?

I had my 2 year old show up this morning and similar story. He was up and down all night, we (the parents) started a bad thing and we HAVE to lay with him until he goes to sleep every night. Then he wakes up in the middle of the night and he throws a fit because noone is laying with him, so they put him in bed with him and he kicks and moves around so noone gets sleep. Then he got up at 5:30 for good for the day. Yippee! Why don't parents put their children in bed and make them stay there. Why in the world would you need to lay with your child every single night until they fall asleep? Who in the world has time for that either? Setting yourself up for a real struggle.
Play Care 04:37 AM 02-08-2013
My child had the stomach bug that's been going around yesterday so I closed to minimize the spread (she's in school and not usually around the dc kids) she would not have gone to school today anyway but now we have a snow day. And while I will have a lighter load, the kids who are scheduled are (of course!) the whiniest, most challenging, etc. And one parent already said they may be late due to weather...1. If I closed they'd be mad. 2. If their kids get sick, it will be all my fault
I can't win!!
AmyLeigh 07:15 AM 02-08-2013
Early am dcb is a no call/no show this morning. I haven't been sleeping well this week, so an extra hour of sleep instead of cleaning the playroom would have been nice. Especially since I feel like I am coming down with something and I am out of regular coffee.
Lyss 07:30 AM 02-08-2013
Thanks to DCK and DCP that are incapable of being quiet my whole house of sleepers (DD & early DCB, plus DH who just had surgery) is up an hour and a half early. They arranged an early drop off but I was clear that they needed to be quiet as everyone will be asleep but apparently that was too much to ask.

Which means nap will be all over the place (early for the early wake ups) and most likely disrupted by this DCK's inability to be quiet. They are a family of "loud talkers" as they say and that's an understatement

Not to mention DCP's comment on the way out "Bio mom said DCK had a fever all week but I haven't seen it since she's been with me" *door shut* Umm I know they picked her up last night, they switch at @730pm but I'm guessing DCP forgot they told me this. So I'm sure DCP hasn't seen the fever when she's been with them less than 12hours and asleep nearly all of that time.

So much for an easy Friday.
hope 08:40 AM 02-08-2013
My house smells like poop! I have twin two year olds who have both pooped three times this morning. DCM started to put them on the potty with no results but has sent them in pull UPS which hold nothing! I sprayed lysol but now it smeals like chemicals n poop!
daycarediva 11:09 AM 02-08-2013
My notoriously early drop off sends me a text TELLING me that she will be here 40 minutes early. I never respond (BECAUSE IT WAS 10pm & I was asleep!) and when I saw it at 6 this morning I responded back that it was VERY inconvenient and that I thought we had gone over this. She shows up anyway and was banging on the door until I answered (or she would have woken up my kids 90minutes early!) I WAS SO MAD! We got into it and I told her that if it EVER happens again they would be turned away/terminated ON THE SPOT.

for the love of God people it isn't hard to STICK TO YOUR CONTRACT!
saved4always 12:14 PM 02-08-2013
Walked into work yesterday to a child puking in my classroom. I ruushed the other kids out to another room before they could touch it or walk through it while the other teacher took care of the sick child and started cleaning the room. I come in this morning to find that my room stinks like puke and poop (I could smell it before I even opened the door to go in ). Dcb had pooped and he is the stinkiest ever. I then find out that another child puked all over the carpeted floor in the room after I left the previous day. My poor assistant had to stay late to clean and sanitize the room. I am a total germaphobe so I spent all morning wiping everything with disinfecting wipes and used a bottle of hand sanitizer (same thing I had just done yesterday because of the first puker). I guess dcm called after grandpa picked up puking dcg yesterday and said that she seemed "fine" when she got home. She was told dcg cannot come back until she hasn't been puking for 24 hours. Dcm said, well, since dcg got sick at 1:00, then she can come back at 1:00 tomorrow. Really!!???? Thank goodness, she didn't show up.
Play Care 06:44 AM 02-11-2013
Just because your child takes off their diaper does not mean they are ready to use the potty! The only thing it means is that they have learned how to take off their diaper! And then you tell me they had an "accident" in the tub. No, they pooped in the tub because they are NOT potty trained or ready to potty train and pooped because they needed to. An "accident" is when a child who is potty trained and mostly using the toilet to void soils themsleves because they didn't make it to the bathroom in time. IME, a child who is truly potty trained does not like to have accidents (because they feel the wetness and it makes them uncomfortable) and tries to avoid them at all costs. Your child could not care less about wet pants or underwear, and screams bloody murder when placed on the potty.

FYI, The more you tell me about the child's potty training, the more I can see clearly they are not ready.
Play Care 06:51 AM 02-11-2013
Parent, you tell me your younger child has a bag cough and excessive drool due to teething. Does your five year old also have teeth coming in? Is that why they are coughing?

This would have been better "They have slight cough/colds and the younger one also has some teeth coming in." Fine. But please don't pee on me and try to tell me it's raining.
Patches 06:24 PM 02-11-2013
DCM, when you tell me that you are going to have DCD bring payment today, please make sure you tell DCD that.
daycarediva 10:10 AM 02-12-2013
Having one parent tell you they want dck to spend as much time outside today as possible (the weather is milder)

Having another parent tell you they don't want dck outside because they will get muddy.

Guess who I laughed at? Really, I laughed and said NO, we are going OUTSIDE. Muddy pants are in the bag, I sprayed off dck's boots, don't send new gymboree clothes to daycare!
SilverSabre25 11:42 AM 02-12-2013
Aaaaand one hour before nap is supposed to be over ALL THREE KIDS are awake and raring to go.

There go my plans to spend time decluttering the laundry room...
Lyss 02:41 PM 02-12-2013
Ugh! I have a DCM that has been making comments about how cold it is in the house ever since she picked up DCB and we had an energy efficient/winterization company here. She also then noticed plastic on the window, the plastic that has been on the windows for 3 months that is, and now suddenly our house is too cold for her and DCB every time she's here!

I keep the heat at 68 degrees, so it's not like its 55 in here. The weatherization that we had done was so that that heat stays inside and our heater is not constantly running (it’s from the 1960s so constantly running equals a 350 heating bill, the plastic, space heaters, and other changes reduce the heating loss). All my other DCPs say it’s too hot in here for them.

Now today DCB is dancing all around and sweating when he suddenly stops dead, turns to me and says "you need to turn the heat on, my mom says I can't be cold here anymore" oh brother!

She also brought 2 fleece blankets for nap time and long underwear with sweats she wanted me to put on him.

Its his last month here, gave notice because I wouldn't work with the new schedule they needed as its way outside my hours, so I think I'm less able to deal with her comments.
Country Kids 02:47 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Ugh! I have a DCM that has been making comments about how cold it is in the house ever since she picked up DCB and we had an energy efficient/winterization company here. She also then noticed plastic on the window, the plastic that has been on the windows for 3 months that is, and now suddenly our house is too cold for her and DCB every time she's here!

I keep the heat at 68 degrees, so it's not like its 55 in here. The weatherization that we had done was so that that heat stays inside and our heater is not constantly running (it’s from the 1960s so constantly running equals a 350 heating bill, the plastic, space heaters, and other changes reduce the heating loss). All my other DCPs say it’s too hot in here for them.

Now today DCB is dancing all around and sweating when he suddenly stops dead, turns to me and says "you need to turn the heat on, my mom says I can't be cold here anymore" oh brother!

She also brought 2 fleece blankets for nap time and long underwear with sweats she wanted me to put on him.

Its his last month here, gave notice because I wouldn't work with the new schedule they needed as its way outside my hours, so I think I'm less able to deal with her comments.
Let her know per the state regs. that you are required to keep it at 68 degrees. I know we can have it higher but just let her know its a "state" thing!

I rarely find myself very cold at 68 degrees but I do always wear my 120 year old sweater-, thats nice and comfy but I usually end up taking it off because I do get to warm.

Since keeping it strictly at 68 degrees our heating bill has decreased quite a bit!
Lyss 02:56 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Let her know per the state regs. that you are required to keep it at 68 degrees. I know we can have it higher but just let her know its a "state" thing!

I rarely find myself very cold at 68 degrees but I do always wear my 120 year old sweater-, thats nice and comfy but I usually end up taking it off because I do get to warm.

Since keeping it strictly at 68 degrees our heating bill has decreased quite a bit!
I always have a sweater or something on too as I'm sweatshirt/sweater and jeans person in general but the DCKs are a hot mess if I have them in sweatshirts all day!

I'll play up the state part more, thanks CK. I told her before but I don't think I emphasized the state regs so I'll make sure to later as I'm sure she'll have some comment tonight.
Country Kids 03:05 PM 02-12-2013
I always have a sweater or something on too as I'm sweatshirt/sweater and jeans person in general but the DCKs are a hot mess if I have them in sweatshirts all day!

I'll play up the state part more, thanks CK. I told her before but I don't think I emphasized the state regs so I'll make sure to later as I'm sure she'll have some comment tonight.
No prob! My state people tell me to blame them as most of the time its usually a regulation in the long run!
JLH 07:02 AM 02-13-2013
Here's my rant for the day. Yesterday I did a tour and completely bombed it. I really needed it to go well and it was all going well until 2 children started acting out. I have a 2 and a half year old boy with obvious signs of being developmentally delayed (he doesn't talk yet and has no social skills). He always pushes the other kids and he's bigger than most of them. He pushed someone in front of the parent that was doing the tour and then when we took him into the kitchen to calm down, he proceeded to throw a massive tantrum and even tried to hit my assistant. The other child that was acting up is a 4 year old boy that has figured out I won't correct him or say no in front of tours and parents. Now he acts out every time a tour comes. Plus, he wants all the attention, all the time. He's cost me a few tours now with his behavior. He started running in the house and asking things over and over, like if he could run in the house or scream in the house. Questions that he obviously knew the answer would be no to, but he wanted to see if I would really say no in front of a tour. So... what do I do? I just got relicensed and reopened my daycare 5 months ago. I can't really afford to let go of these kids but they're causing me to lose tours and making me lose money at the same time when I'm still trying to get full.
daycarediva 07:18 AM 02-13-2013
I don't do tours with children present. The parent/s would have to sign in as guests and it is one of the perks of being here, no strangers around the kids.
JLH 07:43 AM 02-13-2013
I have never heard of that policy before. I think it is great that you are able to do that and I appreciate the advice but I don't think it would work well for us. We have 3 kids of our own and we are open about 12 hours a day, Mon-Fri, so there are always children in our home.
NeedaVaca 07:56 AM 02-13-2013
I don't schedule inteviews/tours when my daycare is open either. Why don't you schedule them on the weekends?
JLH 07:58 AM 02-13-2013
It's definitely something to discuss with my hubby.
Play Care 10:07 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by JLH:
It's definitely something to discuss with my hubby.
Ugh, I am so sorry!!!

In your situation I would not schedule tours with those children there. I would let hubs know that you are losing out on potential clients because of these kids and you need to have some avaliblity on the evenings/weekends. And really, it's just for now. When you get a better group in you can always change it back. One of the things I do if the only time we can meet is during dc is to preset the parents as to the other children's behavior and that the tour will have to be very brief because you need to be hands on with the kids. I usually say something like "I have a wonderful group right now, but you know some kids have a hard time when there is a new adult in the house. Because it can be so tough on the kids, I'll need to keep the tour very short. I can show you around, give you the paperwork to review (or business card with your web page) and then I have to get back to the kiddos! I'm sure you can appreciate that!" Said with a smile of course

Hope you can work things so you can get some kids in there!! Good Luck!
JLH 12:32 PM 02-13-2013
Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I am going to start holding my tours during naptime. )
Sugar Magnolia 11:25 AM 02-14-2013
There, I said it. That is all.
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
There, I said it. That is all.

Sugar Magnolia 03:54 PM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me thinks you mock my Valentines bah-humbug-ness!
BumbleBee 08:52 AM 02-20-2013
I'm currently walking around with a hula hoop because these kids WILL NOT give me my space and I SOOOOO need it today because I ache everywhere!

If I have to say "go play" one more flippin time I am going to lose it.

I even set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes where nobody was allowed to talk to me unless they were on fire or bleeding-they just stared at me but at least they didn't talk.

OMG you are 10, 8, & 8 - GO PLAY
Hunni Bee 10:53 AM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I'm currently walking around with a hula hoop because these kids WILL NOT give me my space and I SOOOOO need it today because I ache everywhere!

If I have to say "go play" one more flippin time I am going to lose it.

I even set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes where nobody was allowed to talk to me unless they were on fire or bleeding-they just stared at me but at least they didn't talk.

OMG you are 10, 8, & 8 - GO PLAY
I need one to wear around my waist. There's a kid who at least three times a day, hugs me and bonks his head into my preggo belly. He can't know I'm pregnant but he just started doing it...ugh stop head butting my baby!! Lol
Sunshine74 08:59 PM 02-20-2013
Why, after being in underwear for about a month (and doing very well) did DCB come in wearing a diaper? And of course we didn't notice until after his mom left, and of course it was Gramma's day to pick up so we couldn't even ask her.
rmc20021 12:01 PM 02-21-2013
I'M VENTING!!!!!

I have one 4 yo who takes a good 20 minutes to fall asleep, he rolls and tosses and makes all kinds of noises while the others are trying to fall asleep.

Finally he falls asleep and 30 minutes later he is awake, tossing and turning and rolling and coughing, yawning and making vocal noises...so now, the others are up as well.

ALL these other kids will sleep at least 2- 2 1/2 hours...but today it's been one hour and they're all awake because of ONE kid.

I enjoy these couple hours of quiet time.

This same kid will not eat ANYTHING...because he would rather play. So I make him sit down if he refuses to eat, rather than being able to play with the others. Then he just cries and yells he wants to go home.

Other than these two issues, I love the boy to death, but this stuff has got to stop. Feeling a little crazy stresses today.
GrannyJ 12:54 PM 02-21-2013
I made special arrangements today for an interview. DCM said she could only come during the day so I had a part time helper come over to watch the kids while I had the interview. Well of course it is a no show!!! Now I have to pay my helper for her time for nothing. I could just scream. Why are people so inconsiderate?
TheGoodLife 08:00 PM 02-21-2013
So today my DCM had an early PU due to getting off at noon for a snow day. When she got here we talked about how she will more than likely have tomorrow off too (she works at a college). Well, 5 minutes after she left I realized that tomorrow is pay day and now I'm not getting paid until Monday Sure enough, just got the text that she won't be here, and she'll see me Monday. It's her last week so I'm not going to bother asking for payment, but I am mad. I should not have to ask for my pay- and she was forgetting to drop it off with me so often that she started just putting it in the diaper bag while at home so I had it. I was passive-aggressive and just text back "Sounds good. Don't worry about the check, we'll take care of it on Monday." Wish I would've made her or her husband bring it to me, but since she's leaving I decided to just let it go. Of course, no "sorry" or anything as a response, either. I'm so glad this will be my last time with this happening!!
Lyss 09:37 AM 02-22-2013
2.5 hours of sleep last night... DD-1 Mommy/Daddy-0 She screamed from 11:15pm to 3:30am, granted DH got up and fed her @ midnight (blah) thinking she was hungry

I'm seriously at my wits end with her. When it comes to sleep/nap lately all she does is scream (and scream and scream), even though she's extremely tired.

I've tried CIO, modified CIO, patting her back, rocking, snack, diaper change, elevating her bed (was thinking its her reflux returning maybe), music, no music... but nothing. Not teething.

I think it's because she doesn't want to be alone, lately I can't even leave the room we're playing in without a meltdown. At night/nap when I go in the room (to lay her back down when doing CIO) she instantly stops and lays down herself, but the second I head for the door it's on. We've never done co-sleeping so its not like she's used to sleeping with us, she's been in her own room since 3 months.

BumbleBee 09:44 AM 02-22-2013
2.5 hours of sleep last night... DD-1 Mommy/Daddy-0 She screamed from 11:15pm to 3:30am, granted DH got up and fed her @ midnight (blah) thinking she was hungry

I'm seriously at my wits end with her. When it comes to sleep/nap lately all she does is scream (and scream and scream), even though she's extremely tired.

I've tried CIO, modified CIO, patting her back, rocking, snack, diaper change, elevating her bed (was thinking its her reflux returning maybe), music, no music... but nothing. Not teething.

I think it's because she doesn't want to be alone, lately I can't even leave the room we're playing in without a meltdown. At night/nap when I go in the room (to lay her back down when doing CIO) she instantly stops and lays down herself, but the second I head for the door it's on. We've never done co-sleeping so its not like she's used to sleeping with us, she's been in her own room since 3 months.

No advice, just sympathy as I've got a 12 monther doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Walk in the room-lays down, head for door-blood curdling screaming starts.

My favorite it scream bloody murder for 45 minutes, sleep for 20 minutes, wake up and commence HOURS of screaming, or let her get up & cling just for some quiet.
ABCDaycareMN 09:50 AM 02-22-2013
Try a nightlight that projects images onto the ceiling. It has helped both of my kids with night terrors. My son was so bad he wouldn't sleep in him crib or toddler bed tellig me there was "a monster by his feet"

Just a suggestion I hope it helps!
Lyss 12:36 PM 02-22-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
No advice, just sympathy as I've got a 12 monther doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Walk in the room-lays down, head for door-blood curdling screaming starts.

My favorite it scream bloody murder for 45 minutes, sleep for 20 minutes, wake up and commence HOURS of screaming, or let her get up & cling just for some quiet.
Oh yes those moments are great DD is 14 months. She also thinks that if your up/around/holding her that it's time to play. She's never been able to fall asleep cuddling, if anyone's around she's up. I've never seen a child fight sleep so much!

Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
Try a nightlight that projects images onto the ceiling. It has helped both of my kids with night terrors. My son was so bad he wouldn't sleep in him crib or toddler bed tellig me there was "a monster by his feet"

Just a suggestion I hope it helps!
Aww your poor son! Night terrors can be traumatizing! Thanks for the suggestion!! DH just bought one of those turtles that projects stars so maybe that will help.
BumbleBee 03:22 AM 02-25-2013
Thank you 6am for no showing on a Monday after I slept a measly 4 hours last night.

It's now 6:20 & I've already downed 3 cups of coffee to *wake up*

To make it even better, my next drop off is at 10 am.
SilverSabre25 04:44 AM 02-25-2013
DS woke up at 5:15 and didn't really go back to sleep. I guess it's a good thing that I accidentally had caffeinated tea at 11:30 last night...I'm wide awake! I can feel the exhaustion hovering under the caffeine though. And I'm solo until 7:30 PM tonight. This is gonna be a long day...
WoodOx 11:15 AM 02-25-2013
DKB, age 4. calls me stupid for bringing in his sweater from outdoors. well had a nice talk with him about treating adults in that manner. and he apologized.
told DKM about and all she said was thats not a nice word to say to someone....WTH. she does not teach her kids how to listen or how to treat an adult. so annoying.
these boys of hers constantly say no to her. i had to tell him in front of his mom, that it is not ok to say that to a adult.
do kids just not get thought to listen and speak to a adult with athority.
i am tired of their ways.
Angelsj 11:55 AM 02-25-2013
Originally Posted by WoodOx:
DKB, age 4. calls me stupid for bringing in his sweater from outdoors. well had a nice talk with him about treating adults in that manner. and he apologized.
told DKM about and all she said was thats not a nice word to say to someone....WTH. she does not teach her kids how to listen or how to treat an adult. so annoying.
these boys of hers constantly say no to her. i had to tell him in front of his mom, that it is not ok to say that to a adult.
Sorry, but I have to disagree here. You do NOT deserve special respect just because you are an adult. We should treat ALL people with respect.
My Dh tried that for a long time, and no, I do not want my kids listening to ALL adults just because they are adults. That is how abuse happens.
Calling you stupid is not ok, but not because you are an adult, but because we just don't treat people that way.
lindysmiles 12:13 PM 02-25-2013
OMG! Seriously? Seriously?!?!?

I just sent home DCG due to lethargy and 2 episodes of diarrhea this morning. She laid there all morning, hasn't eaten a thing, barely drinking fluids, and 2 huge nasty liquid diapers with a most terrible foul odor. I couldn't get parents for 3 hours, and when I did guess what! DCG didn't eat or do anything yesterday either. She threw up and had diarrhea all day. They thought maybe she drank some bad milk. And I quote, "we never knew this could be a stomach virus" and "I didn't know stomach viruses were contagious. If I did, I never would have brought her". Are you friggin' kiddin' me? It's the first time I had to use my backbone, and refer them to the symptoms listed in their handbook. She has all of them except for fever. dlaskjglkfjhlshjosighjulksdjgl.....

Happy Monday! I think I'm overly annoyed because 2 weeks ago they told me this same DCG was snotting and coughing with fever due to teething. Then mom let it slip that DCG was on antibiotics for resp infection last week. All of my DCKs got sick from her "teething". I need to figure out how to handle this....
BumbleBee 06:31 PM 02-25-2013
Last week dcm asks if dcg can come on an unscheduled day. I say yes because I have a spot open. Dcm says gma will p/u dcg at 3 that day. I politely tell her that dcg will need to be p/u before 2:30 or after 3:30 as I do a school run from 2:50-3:20 every day. Says she'll p/u at 2:30. Grandma p/u today and informs me that she'll just keep dcg on unscheduled day because I can't watch dcg after 2.

Um....no, that's not what I said. I begin to explain to gma that I do a school run and she starts talking over me about how she doesn't understand why she can't p/u dcg at 3 and don't I have an open door policy, blah blah blah. I let her finish talking, try to explain and the same thing happens. I literally put my hand up, said "stop" and told her You are welcome to come at 3 but WE WON'T BE HERE. We will be at the school picking up our sa's. Gma then says "I'll just keep her that day since you can't watch her after 2 for some reason." *head meet desk*
wahmof3 06:01 AM 02-26-2013
sometimes I wonder if I am REALLY cut out for this career.

So many policies were broken already this morning.

DCK #1 arrives with toy in hand from home and it makes tons of noise.

DCK #2 arrives completely out of control- running around my house

DCK #3 arrives crying bc that what she does every.single.morning.

DCK #4 (my only SA DCK) is stomping his feet at the coloring table, while DCK #3 is crying. I ask him to stop bc my DH works nights and is asleep. He says I'm making thunder (as DCK #1 starts stomping his feet too) and I ask him again to stop bc DH is sleeping and his reply: I DON'T CARE! All of this while DCK #3 is still crying and DCM (for DCK 3) is still here.

Is it closing time yet? All of this was before 8am!!!!
Play Care 11:11 AM 02-26-2013
OMG!!!! Stop the fake coughing, throat clearing, big yawns, foot tapping, etc. etc. etc. JUST. STOP. IT.
BumbleBee 12:33 PM 02-26-2013
Toddler wakes up from nap screaming. Won't play, eat, drink, walk, be held....just screams. No fever, been fine all day-not usually a screamer.

This continues for 30 minutes. Call mom.

"Oh he got 7 shots yesterday, his legs probably hurt."

YA THINK???????????

I sent him home.
Sunshine74 09:29 PM 02-27-2013
It was a bad day all around, behavior wise. Even our best behaved kids were in trouble all day. And our challenging kids were even more challenging. I was glad to go home today.
AmyLeigh 09:20 AM 02-28-2013
Dcm wants to negotiate rates now that dcg is potty trained. Um, no. 1) I dont have different rates for different ages and 2) considering I charge based on attendance, if you want to save money keep your kid with you on your days off! Uggggg.
BumbleBee 02:48 PM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
It was a bad day all around, behavior wise. Even our best behaved kids were in trouble all day. And our challenging kids were even more challenging. I was glad to go home today.
We had one of those days here too!
KnoxMom 06:27 AM 03-01-2013
Oatmeal in my hair, her hair, on the table, on her clothes and bowl on the floor. She is crying with laughter; I am crying in agony. Happy Friday everyone!
delferka 01:34 PM 03-01-2013
What are your hours? I have z home daycare and I have a parent that always wants to come early then never shows up on time. This makes me have to start my day a half hour earlier than I have to. Last year I told him he couldn't come before 8 any longer. (that's when everyone else comes.) It really ticks me off when I could have another half hour of sleep. Thoughts?
AngiesCareXYZ 01:58 PM 03-01-2013
I am right there with you! My husband gives me no credit for all that i do and then has the goll to tell me how he is out of the house all day and works his butt of to pay the bills. The least I can do is keep the house a little cleaner or do some laundry. Umm hello!? Who works 6 days a wk with 12 hr shifts of kids. Let alone all the paperwork that goes with that and food and noses and diapers and and and and.... then there is the house, you, our kids, the animals, the yard, and the grocery shopping.
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I am still very, very angry with my husband. I am so tired of the lack of respect, the fact I'm working a 50+ hour work week and am responsible for all the cooking, cleaning and basic care of our own children. Then he has the nerve to tell me things like "you never play with our kids" "you never want to just hang with the family" Here's a clue jack butt - why don't you help out some more and maybe I won't be so gosh darned tired? Oh but when I tell you I am getting overwhelmed and tired I either get a condescending chuckle out of you, or you start running down the list of all you do as if it's a freaking competition.

sharlan 02:05 PM 03-01-2013
SIL is upstairs with food poisoning and trying to do laundry in between bathroom runs. The laundry room is DIRECTLY above where my 2 babies are sleeping and the water heater is in the same room. One baby has woke up twice. Dryer is now off and washer will be shortly.
Play Care 10:29 AM 03-06-2013
The two brothers in my care are killing me at nap time. Both were BEGGING for a nap this morning and BOTH have woken up crying but then fall back asleep. Of course, everyone else is wide awake!

And the next question - are they ill? Of course not! They are NEVER sick, even when they are sick!!
BumbleBee 10:58 AM 03-06-2013
I'm taking a nice little nap before I have to go p/u my SA's from school (my only 2 kids today) when the phone rings.

I answer.

Dcm: "oh hi!!! Do you know a good place around here for sledding?"

All I could think was are you f-ing serious???????????????
CedarCreek 08:22 PM 03-06-2013
Dear new dcb,

I'm sorry that you feel like you don't want to come back here. But you are used to your old nanny parking you in front of the tv in your pjs all day long for the past 3 years. We are structured here, and we work on letters and numbers and colors. You do not even know your colors. Trust me kiddo, you will learn to love it
AmyLeigh 09:16 AM 03-07-2013
How does one 'forget' to have their newly potty trained 3 yo go to the bathroom in the morning? DCM came in this morning and told me! Ummm, you didn't forget to dress her and put a cute headband on her, but you forget to have her go potty after her sleeping for 10 hours? I usually have a pretty good poker face when they do dumb things like this, but my face looked like ! And this is from a reasonably intellegent professional woman, too. Sigh.
hope 12:24 PM 03-07-2013
I think the newborn I watch is sleeping in a swing at home bc everytime i put her down in the pack n play she screams. DCM says she sleeps so good at home. She is 3 months old and only sleeps about a half hour total here all day! She is only happy in a swing and I don't want to keep her in one too long bc every time i do she falls asleep, i transfer her to pack n play n she wakes screaming and wont stop. Ugh!!!!! All the other kids are crying today bc i just don't have enough time for everyone's needs. It's been a long week and once my daycare work week ends I have my second job on the weekend.
slorey 03:23 PM 03-07-2013
Apparantly one of my dcp's needs to get her clock fixed. It runs 2 minutes fast (aka drops off 2 minutes before I open) and 3-5 minutes slow (late pick up after I close) EVERY day! I know it's my fault for not enforcing my hours but I feel nit picky complaining about 2 minutes at either end of the day. I just get so annoyed! I am terming this family in June, as I do not want to watch their infant for 10 plus hours a day (although I will be doing that April-June). I just haven't figured out a way to tell them yet. Will be so relieved when they are gone. They are the take everything for granted, don't appreciate your caregiver type!
LoraJenkins 06:28 PM 03-07-2013
DH VENT.......my DH has been home this week for "vacation" to fix my youngest daughter's car after she hit a deer. He finished her car yesterday and here I am at 9:30pm not only getting my overnighter to bed but also cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry and looking at the trash piled up while he is sitting watching TV. ARGGGGGGG!
Lyss 12:26 PM 03-08-2013
DCM: "DCD will be here to pick DCG up @ noon"

12:30 and still no sign or DCD...

DCG is upset because she thought she was getting picked up @ lunch but now she's going down for nap. I'm NOT keeping this kid up as she is incapable of being quiet and everyone else is alseep.

Annoyed.

UPDATE: 12:50 DCD arrives!!! But doesn't leave without being noisy and waking up my DD
Lyss 12:51 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
DH VENT.......my DH has been home this week for "vacation" to fix my youngest daughter's car after she hit a deer. He finished her car yesterday and here I am at 9:30pm not only getting my overnighter to bed but also cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry and looking at the trash piled up while he is sitting watching TV. ARGGGGGGG!
I'm sorry! I understand your pain!! DH had 4 days off this week (Mon-Thurs) and holy heck was I about to kill him.
Sunshine74 11:04 PM 03-08-2013
Really DCM, you let your 2 1/2 year old watch "The Walking Dead"? Not only does he know the name of the show, but can (and does) talk about story lines (something about a little girl) and "killing the monsters" with knives.
Starburst 06:46 PM 03-09-2013
It was my first "offical" day working at a home daycare, I volunteered a few times before but I was offically on payrole at that point. I had to clean up a mess this little girl made. She hadn't been at the daycare very long, maybe a few months. She was about 2.5 to 3 years old at the time. She talks very well for her age very clearly like a 5 year old so it is easy to mistake her for an older child. But you can tell even though she talks well she is always has a confused look on her face and she didn't really understand many concepts. She actually got out of her crib and then opened the closet in the room (which happened to be the baby room) and found the baby powder/diaper cream and got it all over the carpet in that room and I had to clean it up. The provider put her in the room with me along with her younger brother (about 16 to 18 months) and when I was at one corner of the room trying to clean the stuff out of the carpet and she just sat there looking at me and kept asking me "What are you doing?" and I said "Cleaning your mess. Go play, please." And her brother was playing fine on an indoor riding toy when she pushed him over and he started crying. I rushed over to him and tried to pick him up to see if he had any marks but his foot was stuck in the toy (it had two holes on the top were I guess you could put toys or a ball into) it took me about 2 or 3 minutes to try to get his foot free and the whole time she would just sit there calmly asking "Why is he crying?" like every 5 seconds! I said once his foot is caught in the toy and eventually I was freaking out because I was trying not to hurt is leg but he wouldn't flex his foot finally he did and I picked him up rushed to the provider and told her. He had some bruising and redness on his leg from the toy. I was so freaked out because I thought "Great- my first official day and I am going to be fired". But she told the parents and even showed them the toy. And they all laughed about it! Because apparently this little boy was quite a dare devil and he had recently gotten into a dare devil expierince with a babysitter a few nights before only involving a furniture.
Meyou 01:57 AM 03-11-2013
Really DCM, you let your 2 1/2 year old watch "The Walking Dead"? Not only does he know the name of the show, but can (and does) talk about story lines (something about a little girl) and "killing the monsters" with knives.
This just blows my mind!!! I love this show but I can only watch it in the daylight because it scared me that badly.
daycarediva 10:40 AM 03-11-2013
OH GOODNESS!!!!

My 3yo dcb watches Dr. Phil with his Mom everyday. He gives me the recaps. I hate Dr. Phil. He will also say "Dr. Phil says....."
Play Care 10:47 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
OH GOODNESS!!!!

My 3yo dcb watches Dr. Phil with his Mom everyday. He gives me the recaps. I hate Dr. Phil. He will also say "Dr. Phil says....."
I had a DCG that could quote Family Guy
EntropyControlSpecialist 10:52 AM 03-11-2013
OH GOODNESS!!!!

BumbleBee 05:03 AM 03-12-2013
Dear Clueless Dcm,

I've told you verbally, by text, and on paper that we go outside twice a day, every day, as long as it's over 20 F (w/wind chill) and not raining. I've sent you back home on 5 occasions to get dck shoes/snow gear.

DO NOT say to me "I didn't know you go out every day" when I send you home AGAIN to get dck stuff.

Yes, it's raining at OMG:30 in the morning when you drop off but your kid is here for 10 hours today and, newsflash, the weather can *gasp* change!
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 03-12-2013
Only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days...........................
daycarediva 07:42 AM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days , only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days, only 4 more days...........................
That bad, huh BC?
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 03-12-2013
That bad, huh BC?
YES!!!! I will "vent" in the private area with details.....
daycarediva 07:44 AM 03-12-2013
My dcb 2 1/2 was smacking his mother in my entryway this morning and her response was "Dcb is being a goof today!" *smack* "dcb, why are you being so silly?" *smack* "I will miss you too!" *smack*

I called dcb's name and said "Dcb, hands are not for hitting." in a firm tone.

Mom's reaction

Dcb's reaction "Sorry Mommy" ((((HUG))))

Are parents REALLY that clueless?
Country Kids 07:51 AM 03-12-2013
Dear ********,

Please stop breaking my toys and then shrugging your shoulders when I ask you about it.

You have been the only one in all my years to break: wooden toys
clipping manipulative

The above I have had for YEARS and you have been the only one to break them.

Also please quit telling me "I can't" when I ask you to do something:
Play with toys
Eat (any meal or snack)
Take a nap
Help clean up
Play Care 08:58 AM 03-12-2013
This morning the tummy bug hit my one dc boy like a ton of bricks. Totally fine when he first got here. Breakfast was oatmeal, bananas and milk. Usually he scarfs it down and has seconds. Today he took two bites, said his tummy hurt and asked ot be excused from the table. As he *stumbles* over to the garbage can, I hear the first gaaaaaag. I tried to direct him to the garbage can with little success.
And he was so scared/upset he refused to stay put so we could contain it - it was everywhere

And now his brother has a "funny" look about him.
mpb12 06:34 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by B Lou:
So yesterday I had a new child start in daycare. She shows up over an hour late and then hangs around for 30 min before leaving. Alway helpful. NOT! so then this morning as I send my husband off to work at 6:15 I sit down with a cup of coffee and start to enjoy the next hour of quiet time before my first child is to arrive. I no sooner sit down and there are headlights in my driveway, my phone sends me a text. It's the same parent who was late yesterday, asking me if I'm up and ready. They are here. What was I suppost to say? "No I'm still sleeping." It better get better from here.
It happened to me once and I said; I`m not open yet, please don`t come this early again. If they arrive late it is their loss not my and I don`t give extra time because they want to be flexible. And no thanks for hanging around too, they can stay for five minutes to have a little chat. It`s all written on the kid`s book what we did during the day. Remember, it`s our business and we are not here to entertain parents, our work are with the little ones which I believe all of us childcare love to do. Also, try to have contract with all parents and never forget to let them know there are limits, just because Sarah come at 7:30 am it does not mean john can come before 8:00 am if the contract was signed for 8:00 am for john and so on. I charge $12.00 per hour for early drop off or late pick up, it does not matter if it`s five minutes or one hour. I love my little munchkins, but I have one parent that drives me nuts.
mpb12 06:37 PM 03-12-2013
too funny!
mpb12 06:43 PM 03-12-2013
om! I have one just like that, his brother was here last summer and broke three toys and the Diego jungle. When I told the mother she just reply with a smile and said that they brake things at home and also pointed to her car to show how bad they scratched her car. Do you believe it? Where this kind parents come from?
mpb12 06:53 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by WoodOx:
I agree with you, but I don`t understand how you give that child that much confidence to him to talk to you that way. I work with children for very long time and never ever had any kid talk to me that way, there is time out and there is a door for the parents to take them home and never bring back if there are no respect toward me. Remember, parents are the ones to be blamed when their kids have no respect toward others. Keep it professional, keep in mind that parents of children we take into our homes are not our friends, they are costumers like in any other childcare centers. Good!
mpb12 07:01 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My soon to be ex-husband did it to me for so many years, finally I had to get him out of my life. Twenty two years of my husband saying it to me and I was never strong enough to ask for divorce. I guess this month I was able to look up and be on my own without fear or whatever God had done to make me this strong. I so understand what you are saying!
Bookworm 07:22 PM 03-12-2013
If I have another child ask me if I watch : The Real Housewives, The Walking Dead, Grimm or Once Upon a Time,I am going to scream. What is wrong with people? Then hey have the nerve to say, "I don't know where they learned (insert bad behavior of choice) from. Really people.
CedarCreek 07:27 PM 03-12-2013
Okay dcd, you are brand new to my program so obviously I just went over my policies with you. No, you cannot "break up" your week of free care into random days. It needs to be consecutive and I need a two Weeks notice. Just like I told your wife when she asked.

You're lucky to get that. A lot of places don't give a free week a year at all.
mema 07:38 AM 03-13-2013
Happy hump day! I will have a headache by the end of the day because I'm going to be doing this alllllll day....

NeedaVaca 07:46 AM 03-13-2013
I sliced off a good portion of my finger last night OUCH! Just bumped it trying to change a diaper OUCH! Going to be a long day, it's throbbing so bad
Bookworm 02:32 PM 03-13-2013
All day long, my crier went on and on. The crying didnt bother me as the reasons for crying.

Episode #1-morning snack of toast and jelly. DCB falls on the floor crying because the cook put the bowl of jelly at his table near his spot.

Episode #2-playing card matching game. DCB stood in the floor crying because he didnt know what card to start with.

Episode #3-morning outside time. DCB running around the playground crying and screaming. Thinking he was hurt, we ran to get him. When we finally got him to calm down, we checked him over. Nothing physically wrong. The reason for crying-the other kids were running past him.

There are many many many more. This is an every day thing. Is it wrong to begin the countdown to kindergarten.
Country Kids 03:02 PM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
All day long, my crier went on and on. The crying didnt bother me as the reasons for crying.

Episode #1-morning snack of toast and jelly. DCB falls on the floor crying because the cook put the bowl of jelly at his table near his spot.

Episode #2-playing card matching game. DCB stood in the floor crying because he didnt know what card to start with.

Episode #3-morning outside time. DCB running around the playground crying and screaming. Thinking he was hurt, we ran to get him. When we finally got him to calm down, we checked him over. Nothing physically wrong. The reason for crying-the other kids were running past him.

There are many many many more. This is an every day thing. Is it wrong to begin the countdown to kindergarten.
No its not wrong! Is the child four?

I've been counting down since mine was 2 and we are now at three! The behaviors get worse and worse. I was sure after 3 years of routine they would get better.
Bookworm 06:04 PM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
No its not wrong! Is the child four?

I've been counting down since mine was 2 and we are now at three! The behaviors get worse and worse. I was sure after 3 years of routine they would get better.
He will be 5 next month. His meltdowns are so bad and often that the other kids all point to the relax center when he gets started.
Lyss 08:08 AM 03-14-2013
Thanks DH for tracking mud across the whole house from your work boots that I've repeatedly asked to not be worn in the house!!!

Oh and of course rather than cleaning it up yourself you get snotty with me because I didn't make you a lunch, sorry I was busy scrubbing the carpet.

Guess someone's never getting a lunch made again. It was something nice I did occasionally but that's done!

Oh and you're on your own for dinner too!

And to top today off, one DCK showed up 2 hours early (7:45 instead of 9:45) and one DCK that is scheduled for 7:15 is (as of 8:30) still a no show! I made breakfast for this DCK too (the one that arrived earlier can't eat it because it's got eggs, no dairy for her )
Unregistered 08:16 AM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by Bookworm:

Goodness! I think I have his twin! He can be very sweet but the crying and whining over ever slight (real and imagined) is so exhausting!
SilverSabre25 12:14 PM 03-14-2013
Can I please go back to bed?

Can I please rewind and start today over again?

I can't seem to get anything done lately. My son is SO TODDLER and gets into everything, I have a 10 month old dcb who is into everything, I'm tired, I rarely get to shower, DH is working 12 hour days so I'm solo parenting pretty much all week long, I never get time to myself, and now naps went crappy today and I didn't get lunch and I am so behind on laundry and cleaning...DH won't help in the evenings, because he "worked all day" and "is tired" and "well, you always say that once the kids are in bed the work can all wait!" and other lame excuses.

And I'm hormonal (thanks, PMS), and anxious about nothing/everything, and spring can't come soon enough, and I'm tired of talking to the collectors for one particular debt (which company REFUSES to work with us to solve the problem) and i have an overtired 21 month old who didn't nap because he needed to poop (which he didn't do until after I got him up, then he shoved his whole ARM down his diaper and got poop halfway up to his elbow), and did I mention I'm hormonal?
Meyou 12:25 PM 03-14-2013
All my kids are gone at 4pm except for one that will be here until 5:29. *sigh* Even my kids are gone out. I would have loved 1.5 hours to myself.
Patches 02:50 PM 03-14-2013
Well looks like my new enrollment changed her mind. I really hope she doesn't show up in a few days thinking I saved the spot with no payment. On to more interviews.....
Play Care 02:57 AM 03-15-2013
I am putting up a sign reminding everyone to pick up ON TIME today - BY 4:45 - as we have evening plans. I have no idea why people think Friday is the day to be a couple minutes "late" or wait until the last minute for pick up and I am somewhat annoyed that I feel I have to put up a sign to be sure. No one is ever "late fee" late (after 5:00) but on a Friday afternoon even a 4:46 pick up is annoying.
Unregistered 11:12 AM 03-15-2013
Which part of KEEP YOUR SICK KIDS HOME do you people not understand.

NO your child(ren) did not get sick from *me* because like I explained I have actual seasonal allergies....as apposed to the "oh my seemingly sick child only has allergies" bs I hear.

Come pick up your sick kids asap...all of you bad parents (YA! I called you BAD parents) who dropped your dopped kids off this morning should be ashamed of yourselves!

After telling you my daughter has been battling pnumonia for months now with batch after batch of antibiotics and you STILL dope up your kids and drop them off?!!?

BOO!!!

Jerks
ABCDEFG 12:38 PM 03-15-2013
No DCM, Tylonol does not cure the illness behind the fever. I used to think you were kidding so you could drop off your baby. I now realize that you really do believe that.

I have been suprised that I seem to be in the minoity among those around me. My stepson was constantly given cold medicine to "cure" his colds.
mema 03:05 PM 03-15-2013
I sent out new handbooks and contracts that will go into effect on April 1. I got 2 of the 3 families back today. I told them to put down the time they would be here everyday and the time they would be picking up. BOTH families wrote down my open and close time. Neither of them show up at those times, so why the heck are you putting it as a contracted time. One gets here at 8, not 7 and the other was suppose to be 845 before, but has been here anywhere from 830-1000 in the last few months. That is one reason I told them to put the time they would be here,so I know when to expect them.....aaaahhhh. I guess I will be handing it back to them next week and asking if they are really going to be dropping off at 7, if not, then please change the contract or after 715 if you haven't called to tell me your running late, I'll consider your children absent.
NeedaVaca 05:23 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
I sent out new handbooks and contracts that will go into effect on April 1. I got 2 of the 3 families back today. I told them to put down the time they would be here everyday and the time they would be picking up. BOTH families wrote down my open and close time. Neither of them show up at those times, so why the heck are you putting it as a contracted time. One gets here at 8, not 7 and the other was suppose to be 845 before, but has been here anywhere from 830-1000 in the last few months. That is one reason I told them to put the time they would be here,so I know when to expect them.....aaaahhhh. I guess I will be handing it back to them next week and asking if they are really going to be dropping off at 7, if not, then please change the contract or after 715 if you haven't called to tell me your running late, I'll consider your children absent.
Absolutely! 15 minute window no call, you won't accept them for the day! ooohhhh that would make me so mad!!
bubbiesmama807 05:51 PM 03-16-2013
I have a parent who seems to think that one of those cherry pies that you put in a kid's lunchbag, is breakfast for a 2.5 year old, and brings him with a sippy cup with red Kool-Aid in it.

Um..no it isn't, and into the trash it went, and the Kool-Aid was dumped out as well. I assure her, her child did not miss it. He was busy eating scrambled eggs, toast, and fresh fruit for breakfast, and drinking orange juice
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59  ... Last
Reply Up