Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank GOD it's Friday!
lovemykidstoo 07:05 AM 03-16-2018
I am going out of town for a girls weekend and cannot wait. Especially since today is starting out terrible!

I have 6 kids today.

Child 1 (one of my faves) comes at 7:40. She's a mess which is unlike her. I said, has she eaten? No, she got up at 6:00, I gave her the Ipad and I went back to bed. Plus she's been sick with a nasty cold all week. Same as the other day. I posted that this already happened another day this week.

Child 2 and 3, (brother and sister), Both come in with sippy cups. One has blue kool aid type drink in it. Other one is formula, neither has eaten breakfast. One has runny nose. He's teething dad says. Gotya. So are the other 4 that are here since they all have non-stop frickin runny noses. I'm sure I'll be "teething" next week due to it.

Child 4 (2 1/2) comes in throwing a fit, also runny nose. Has a drink cup and also a toy. His drink is a meal supplement. that's all he's had, he won't drink it.

Child 5 (6 month old) promptly throws a fit, so bottle it is and he's in bed.

Child 6 just got here. Also runny nose ugh
sharlan 08:00 AM 03-16-2018
I understand.

I'm leaving at 2:30 for a much needed girls weekend. I can't wait.
Cat Herder 08:05 AM 03-16-2018
I hope you guys have fun

I have never done a girls weekend. Not even sure what that would look like.

I am looking forward to a "bring on spring" weekend. Time for lawn/patio furniture, annuals, mulch, grills and lawn prep.
lovemykidstoo 08:35 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I understand.

I'm leaving at 2:30 for a much needed girls weekend. I can't wait.
What are you doing for your girls weekend?

I'm headed to Grand Rapids for a Pink concert. We'r going tomorrow night to celebrate St. Patricks day and the concert is Sunday night. So coming home Monday. Yea off Monday too!
lovemykidstoo 08:36 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I hope you guys have fun

I have never done a girls weekend. Not even sure what that would look like.

I am looking forward to a "bring on spring" weekend. Time for lawn/patio furniture, annuals, mulch, grills and lawn prep.
That actually sounds very nice. Where are you from? I'm ready to do that! I want nice weather. So cold here still.
mamamanda 08:37 AM 03-16-2018
Sunday is my birthday & my sis-in-law's is a couple days later so my in-laws are smoking chicken for us! We'll be having a cook out of sorts. It's supposed to be in the 50s so we can get some much needed outside time!

Have fun on your weekend!!
lovemykidstoo 08:39 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Sunday is my birthday & my sis-in-law's is a couple days later so my in-laws are smoking chicken for us! We'll be having a cook out of sorts. It's supposed to be in the 50s so we can get some much needed outside time!

Have fun on your weekend!!
Happy birthday!!!!! Have fun!
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
What are you doing for your girls weekend?

I'm headed to Grand Rapids for a Pink concert. We'r going tomorrow night to celebrate St. Patricks day and the concert is Sunday night. So coming home Monday. Yea off Monday too!
One of my DCM's just got back from a Pink concert.

She (Pink) was in Minneapolis/St.Paul this last Monday night (March 12) and DCM said the concert was fabulous! She said Pink really puts on a great show so it should be a good time for you for sure!

I've never had a girls weekend either....
~ Other than my sister I don't have many girl friends I want to spend the weekend with... I guess I prefer the company of my hubs instead... so much less drama

Honestly a girls weekend sounds like fun as long as you have girlfriends you enjoy spending time with!
amberrose3dg 09:20 AM 03-16-2018
Happy birthday!!!!! Have fun!
Sounds nice! My oldest(20) is watching my two little ones so me and hubby can have a date night tomorrow night.
I have a light day as we only have 5 of the 10 kids today and it still has been non-stop drama. We did our St.Patrick's day crafts.( we decorated shamrock crowns) The kids are fighting over their crowns. They keep fighting over the same toys. Thank god it is now nap time. Silence until 2pm.
Josiegirl 09:51 AM 03-16-2018
My day started out placing a loaf of bread on a stove burner, then turning the wrong burner on, thereby melting plastic bread wrap. Not my brightest moment. Then a tech came to service my furnace, which has not been done since uh umm, sometime within the past ahem too many years. Just always seems to be so many other things to pay for and hey, my house stays warm so it's kind of on the 'back burner' of things to do. So that's a bill I don't want to get. Plus my furnace and oil tank are older than 34 yrs. so he was talking about replacing them. Great. Lemme just pull the money out of my pocket.
I'm glad it's Friday and have nothing special planned but it'll be nice to not have to chase kiddos all weekend.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, celebrating birthdays and watching concerts and all that jazz. Enjoy and stay safe!
storybookending 10:00 AM 03-16-2018
TGIF is right. I’ve got a few runny nose bandits here but overall I have great families and children but this week I am just dragging. I got fast food two nights in a row and haven’t been working out in the routine I have been and just feeling blah.. I need to hit up the grocery store tonight and get myself back on track. I unfourtunatly have to work tomorrow butbit is just proctoring placement tests for next years incoming freshmen at my local university so getting paid to watch Netflix.
Gemma 10:24 AM 03-16-2018
I love Fridays, just the thought that I can sleep in the next day keeps me smiling all day!

Happy B-Day mamamanda!

Have a great weekend everyone!
amberrose3dg 10:26 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I love Fridays, just the thought that I can sleep in the next day keeps me smiling all day!

Happy B-Day mamamanda!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Yes sleeping in is so nice. We got out as a family to get dinner tonight. No cooking for me.
lovemykidstoo 10:57 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
One of my DCM's just got back from a Pink concert.

She (Pink) was in Minneapolis/St.Paul this last Monday night (March 12) and DCM said the concert was fabulous! She said Pink really puts on a great show so it should be a good time for you for sure!

I've never had a girls weekend either....
~ Other than my sister I don't have many girl friends I want to spend the weekend with... I guess I prefer the company of my hubs instead... so much less drama

Honestly a girls weekend sounds like fun as long as you have girlfriends you enjoy spending time with!
I am looking forward to the concert even though I don't listen to her often. I think the actual "show" will be good. My girlfriend went to a few wine tastings that a restaurant has here last summer and met another group of ladies and has been doing dinners/drinks with them. She's invited me along too and they are all so nice and hilarious! I have not laughed so hard in awhile. So, it should be alot of fun.
Cat Herder 11:07 AM 03-16-2018
That actually sounds very nice. Where are you from? I'm ready to do that! I want nice weather. So cold here still.
Georgia. It is 70 degrees and sunny today, we just came in. Yesterday was 36 with extreme wind/trees down warnings. Rain for the next 3 days, but that could change any minute. It was supposed to rain today, too.
lovemykidstoo 11:44 AM 03-16-2018
Georgia. It is 70 degrees and sunny today, we just came in. Yesterday was 36 with extreme wind/trees down warnings. Rain for the next 3 days, but that could change any minute. It was supposed to rain today, too.
Wow that's quite a weather difference in a day, but I guess I shouldn't talk. In Michigan they say "you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change". lol
Country Kids 12:12 PM 03-16-2018
We have lacrosse this weekend-three hours away. So up bright and early tomorrow as usual and off we go. I don't even know what sleeping in is anymore.

Told my son I hope he plays after driving that far.

Would love to sometime do a girls weekend, maybe someday when I'm not so busy adulting
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 03-16-2018
We have a super warm weekend in store for us here as well!
Looks like it's going to be in the upper 40ies! ....seriously, that's a hotter than normal for this time of year here.. so looking forward to the warmer weather for sure!

We plan on doing a bit of Spring preparing too....mostly managing mud and water run-off from all the melting snow....but Spring stuff none the less!

We have grill season here all year round and never put the grill or the smoker away but Spring is always a good time to clean them out as well as clean up the patio furniture and ready it for use!
storybookending 01:01 PM 03-16-2018
My weather is comparable to BC’s although they get a ton more snow. Highs of 45 this weekend and I’ll be outside in short sleeves. A lot of the snow has melted but there’s still a ton more to go so I’m not yet starting the spring yard work. Yesterday it was 41 and even though the windchill said “feels like 30” it felt amazing and the kids and I were outside way longer than normal and it was fantastic.
Josiegirl 02:24 PM 03-16-2018
BC, how was the Styx and REO Speedwagon concert?
Cold, 20 tops, and windy out today, yuck, so sick of wintry weather. Supposed to be even colder this weekend.
Blackcat31 03:03 PM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
BC, how was the Styx and REO Speedwagon concert?
Cold, 20 tops, and windy out today, yuck, so sick of wintry weather. Supposed to be even colder this weekend.
It was really good! They can still rock pretty good for being as old as they are! Styx put it into perspective when they said they'd sold over 6 million albums and 1 million of those sales were 8 tracks!

Great concert though! The opening act was Don Felder (from the Eagles) so an added bonus!

Funny side note: there was a group of 3-4 ladies sitting across the aisle from us. It was fairly evident that they'd all had a little too much to drink as one lady swayed back and forth trying to get her jacket zipped... she just could not get the one side to fit into the zipper foot....I leaned over to my DH and whispered "Its taking everything in me not to ask her if she wants me to start it for her and she can do the rest herself"....

Guess we can't take the child care provider out of us no matter where we go huh?
flying_babyb 06:45 PM 03-16-2018
10 kid day (I work with a assistant in a center)
All of them are crabby, youngest bit another kid, another kids hitting, the other is grinning at me while scratching places best left covered. No one had mittens, and the boss insisted we go out. Coteachers having kid problems at home and snarks and yells at me all day. Kids cant quit arguing. So we go outside, where two kids proptly poop... IN UNDERWEAR! needless to say im counting down to my 4 days off (wens- sun next week)
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 03-17-2018
It was really good! They can still rock pretty good for being as old as they are! Styx put it into perspective when they said they'd sold over 6 million albums and 1 million of those sales were 8 tracks!

Great concert though! The opening act was Don Felder (from the Eagles) so an added bonus!

Funny side note: there was a group of 3-4 ladies sitting across the aisle from us. It was fairly evident that they'd all had a little too much to drink as one lady swayed back and forth trying to get her jacket zipped... she just could not get the one side to fit into the zipper foot....I leaned over to my DH and whispered "Its taking everything in me not to ask her if she wants me to start it for her and she can do the rest herself"....

Guess we can't take the child care provider out of us no matter where we go huh?
Funny about the zipper! Lol
It's eye-opening to see celebrities from years(and years) ago in the present day. I always ask myself when did THEY get so old? What happened to their hair? I used to love both those bands!
flying_babyb 09:43 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Funny about the zipper! Lol
I heard someone belch on the bus and without thinking said "We say excuse me when we do that" The whole bus had a good laugh! Can take the teacher out of daycare but cant take daycare outa the teacher lol
lovemykidstoo 05:06 AM 03-21-2018

It's funny. Two of the 7 ladies that we spent the weekend with and saw Pink, stayed in Grand rapids. The next night was REO and Styx. They said they were fantastic! They had 2 wonderful concerts in 1 week. Then I found out that REO and Styx were in my very own town last night! I had no idea. Our town is horrible at advertising. Oh well, I looked and the only tickets left were $180. Nope.
DaveA 05:28 AM 03-21-2018
I actually think when the older groups/ singers have a good perspective of who they are they do some of the best shows. The last concert I went to was Travis Tritt, The Outlaws, Marshall Tucker Band, & Charlie Daniels. They all had a blast and did a great 4 hour concert.
Blackcat31 06:02 AM 03-21-2018
It's funny. Two of the 7 ladies that we spent the weekend with and saw Pink, stayed in Grand rapids. The next night was REO and Styx. They said they were fantastic! They had 2 wonderful concerts in 1 week. Then I found out that REO and Styx were in my very own town last night! I had no idea. Our town is horrible at advertising. Oh well, I looked and the only tickets left were $180. Nope.
Yikes! We didn't pay nearly that for our tickets!

I don't think my area is good about advertising events either as I spend a good amount of time "tracking" bands DH and I like so we can catch a show here and there...

I use apps like Bandsintown and Ticketmaster and they're really good at letting you know who will be performing within so many miles of you.

Glad you had a fun time!

Originally Posted by DaveA:
I actually think when the older groups/ singers have a good perspective of who they are they do some of the best shows. The last concert I went to was Travis Tritt, The Outlaws, Marshall Tucker Band, & Charlie Daniels. They all had a blast and did a great 4 hour concert.
This is probably very true! I like REO much more than Styx but Styx really put on a great show! Very polished and very well choreographed so watching was very entertaining verses just listening live...kwim?

Next up for us is Foreigner. Hoping they still got it too!
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I've got a bunch of LP's hiding in my closet from those bands!

And Foreigner? I obviously live in the wrong part of the country.
Tags:tgif
Reply Up