Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Runny Noses!!!!
TSDaycare 10:51 AM 02-10-2011
I'm so done this week with a runny nose!!! These poor little ones can't help themselves but if I have to wipe another nose every 5 minutes I might very well lose my mind!!
DCMomOf3 10:57 AM 02-10-2011
I am with you there! I am excited for a reprieve this weekend. LOL
jojosmommy 10:12 AM 02-11-2011
Try saliene or Little Noses. I know its not in my job description but giving the sick ones a little of that seems to help force along what ever they are fighting. And if it means 1 less day wiping noses I am all for it.

Do you have a nasal drainage policy? I tell parents if its not clear they can't be here. But I also say that if they are miserable b/c of how much wiping is needed they need to be at home. My parents usually agree.
E Daycare 10:22 AM 02-11-2011
Same here! My one dkb has had green since he started at the beginning of January. Dcg (the neb one) ALWAYS has a runny nose. Since October. My Ds had one too and I blasted my house sterile last weekend and didnt have kids for 5 days (other then ds) and hes good to go now. My niece is always runny too and my sil tells me shes just gonna jam the box of tissues up there. lol

Dcb sneezes and immediately runs his sleeve through his nose. Makes me nutso! Ds sneezes and is super still because Ive always been frantic like "WAIT DONT MOVE I GOT IT!!" because I cant stand crusty snot sleeves. Now when Ds sneezes he goes "eww tissue" and runs to get a tissue.

I cant wait for spring!!
Danielle 10:25 AM 02-11-2011
Same here!! And my own kids are the worst right now!

Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Same here! My one dkb has had green since he started at the beginning of January. Dcg (the neb one) ALWAYS has a runny nose. Since October. My Ds had one too and I blasted my house sterile last weekend and didnt have kids for 5 days (other then ds) and hes good to go now. My niece is always runny too and my sil tells me shes just gonna jam the box of tissues up there. lol

Dcb sneezes and immediately runs his sleeve through his nose. Makes me nutso! Ds sneezes and is super still because Ive always been frantic like "WAIT DONT MOVE I GOT IT!!" because I cant stand crusty snot sleeves. Now when Ds sneezes he goes "eww tissue" and runs to get a tissue.

I cant wait for spring!!
Unfortunately, here spring just brings the allergy noses and eyes...
E Daycare 10:29 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
Unfortunately, here spring just brings the allergy noses and eyes...
Ugh thats right! Gonna tape a towel* under their noses and call it a day!

*Disclaimer: JK JK I would never tie anything or shove anything up their noses and know that this is part of my job nor care that all I have to do is wipe noses (and Butts) all the live long day.
Tags:runny nose
Reply Up