Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>After 9 hrs. ?
Provider_Manda 07:26 AM 11-28-2012
If you have a flat rate for the day of $25..and that is for 9 hrs. And you say that its $5/per hour after 9 hrs. and you have the child for 10 1/2, how do you charge for that? I haven't enforced my extra rate, but I will be doing it this friday and not sure what to tell her
Country Kids 07:27 AM 11-28-2012
it would be an additional $7.50

$5 for the hour and then $2.50 for the 1/2 hour.
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
If you have a flat rate for the day of $25..and that is for 9 hrs. And you say that its $5/per hour after 9 hrs. and you have the child for 10 1/2, how do you charge for that? I haven't enforced my extra rate, but I will be doing it this friday and not sure what to tell her
I bill the extra time in hour long increments. The minute they go into that second hour, they are charged for it. So they would be billed an entire hour for picking up at 5 minutes past.

Too much work and too time consuming to do anything less than hour increments IMO.

HTH
Provider_Manda 07:33 AM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I bill the extra time in hour long increments. The minute they go into that second hour, they are charged for it. So they would be billed an entire hour for picking up at 5 minutes past.

Too much work and too time consuming to do anything less than hour increments IMO.

HTH
Yep..and thanks
daycare 07:39 AM 11-28-2012
I would answer this question two different ways.

If the over time is arranged in advance then I would charge just as BC does.

If it was not, it would then be charged at the rate of $1.00 for each min they over their 9 hours of care..
Reply Up