Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can't Sleep, 1st day of school
BumbleBee 09:56 PM 09-01-2014
I can't sleep. I'm thinking and praying and worrying about 'my' kids (daycare kids) and their first day of school tomorrow.

I'm worrying about 10 yo dcg who is on the spectrum and she has worked so incredibly hard this summer to overcome her deficits. I pray her hard work pays off. It will be a massive blow to her self-esteem if she has made no progress.

I'm thinking about 6 yo dcg who starts 1st grade tomorrow. Has never seen her classroom and hasn't met her teacher.

I'm praying about 8 yo dcg who is a bully, she starts 3rd grade tomorrow.

I'm thinking about the younger dck's who will be coming to me in the morning.

For one, this is the first time mom has worked outside of the home since before she was born. She's 2.5 years old.

For another, daycare will provide structure that she so desperately needs. She's also 2.5 years old.

For the almost 3 yo dcb I hope and pray this will be a year of social growth for him. He struggles socially and always has.

For little Nut-Nut, 1.5 yo, she's working her way through the tumultuous toddler phase. She is a feisty one. This will be a big year for her. She'll be a big sister early next year.

For Chunk, 9 months, he figured out how to crawl. He's not one for a lot of noise so the day to day of daycare will be a lot for him.

Just lots of thoughts running through my head. Can't sleep, keep tossing and turning. Oh how I hope it's a good year for 'my' school agers. I hope it's a good year for all of us. I want these children to grow, thrive, and move through life knowing they are important. I don't know that I've accomplished that before. I've made it my goal this year to connect in some way with all of 'my' kids. A few I have, a few I have not. Honestly, a few I find it hard to WANT to connect with them.

Here's to a good school year. Here's to hoping my group stays intact for the full school year. They are a great group, and I hope they move mountains this year.
Silly Songs 10:08 PM 09-01-2014
That is so sweet of you to think of all the children you care for as they start new chapters in their lives . They are so lucky to have you in their corner . Hugs to you and the kids . They will be fine , the first few days of school are tough and then it becomes routine . You rock !
melilley 05:14 AM 09-02-2014
That's so nice of you to be thinking of all of "your" kids on their first day of school!

I hope you have a great day with the younger ones!
Josiegirl 10:10 AM 09-02-2014
It's a major change for everyone isn't it? I don't think parents have a clue how much their children's lives affect us. You are a very caring provider and those kids have all been lucky to have you!
BumbleBee 08:40 PM 09-02-2014
We all survived!

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like such a mom sometimes.
Reply Up