Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Tell Me This Is A Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MommyofThree 11:57 AM 10-27-2011
This is a cl ad. OMG. thumbtacks on a seat , full body massage!!!!!!!!!! wth I hope this is a joke:

I'm in need of a babysitter typically once per week give or take. I need someone who is firm and knows how to lay down the law. My child's bedtime is 8pm. Their bedtime is not 8:03 or 8:10, it is 8:00pm on the dot. That means pajamas are on and the little tike is in bed. I need someone who will enforce the rules if for example it is 8:01 and my child is lallygagging about and not even changed yet for bed. When I say enforcing the rules what I mean is using the techniques I will show you.

Sometimes my child will try to sucker you into giving him some candy or junk food for a snack. He knows the rules that junk food is strictly prohibited in our home. If he is caught with any, and caught eating it, he knows the consequences and I need my babysitter to be firm and consistent about applying the rules. Syrup of Ipecac is always kept in my home in case my son tries to sneak junk food.

I'm hoping to find someone experienced with certain discipline techniques such as the punishment chair (which is a regular chair equipped with carefully placed thumbtacks on the seat), the forgiveness hand (a firm smack to the back), and the consequence corner (a corner in the basement where there is a dense population of harmless yet terrifying bugs and insects). My son responds well to these and other discipline techniques to keep him on the straight and narrow.

I do allow my son to watch tv and movies, but there are certain restrictions. Television and movies watched must be of a high standard and quality, I do not want my son watching putrid unfunny garbage such as Two & Half Men or silly cartoons. And as far as movies, we have a great selection such as The Bridge on the River Kwai, A Brief Encounter, and Dr. Zhivago just to name a few.

I need someone experienced and able with preparing meals such as Chicken French and Polish Gnocchi with a homemade sauce. Low quality frozen foods aren't bought in my home, and everything is made from scratch. Those without an able hand in the kitchen need not apply.

I need someone comfortable and able to assist with bathing time and personal hygiene such as teeth brushing and hair combing. My son is eight and capable of taking his own shower but needs to be monitered so he doesn't spend too long in the shower which wastes water. No more than 8 minutes is allowed for a shower. There is a timer in the bathroom, so someone familiar with using a timer would be preferred.

My son has a hard time falling asleep and I have a routine that helps. Before bed I like my son to receive a nice full body massage to relax him and help him fall asleep. Those incapable or uncomfortable with that need not apply of course.

I'm hoping to find someone educated and skilled in math and english as well. Helping with school homework as well as hometime homework will be needed sometimes. By hometime homework I am referring to additional homework I draw up and assign to my son to supplement the homework received from school.

I do pay 12 dollars an hour and would love to start interviewing as soon as possible.
SilverSabre25 11:59 AM 10-27-2011
That has GOT to be a joke. Please, PLEASE let that be a joke!
dEHmom 12:00 PM 10-27-2011
wow, i would say forward it anonymously to CFS and let them find out for themselves.
sharlan 12:00 PM 10-27-2011
I would forward this to the local CPS.
MommyofThree 12:00 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
That has GOT to be a joke. Please, PLEASE let that be a joke!
I hope so... Its Rochester NY. wow I hope there's a way they can trace the IP address
MommyofThree 12:01 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I would forward this to the local CPS.
Im on it!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I hope its a joke but I also hope they get in so much trouble for even posting that.
SilverSabre25 12:02 PM 10-27-2011
Take screenshots of it, then flag the ad.
Heidi 12:02 PM 10-27-2011
perhaps you should forward that one to your local child welfare office....

edit: never mind! lol
MsMe 12:04 PM 10-27-2011
the consequence corner (a corner in the basement where there is a dense population of harmless yet terrifying bugs and insects).

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
small_steps 12:06 PM 10-27-2011
OMG! Gotta be a joke...but ya never know. There are lots of crazies out there.
dEHmom 12:06 PM 10-27-2011
joke or not, it's highly inappropriate.

But I can't imagine anyone actually saying all this publicly if this is how they truly deal with things in their house.

It must be some sort of joke amongst friends or something. But if it's public like that, they have to expect that someone will say something.

Forward it asap.
MommyofThree 12:09 PM 10-27-2011
I called CPS and they cant do much because theres no name or address!!!!!!!!!!!! But she is contacting the cops
dEHmom 12:09 PM 10-27-2011
they can trace the ip, or they can reply to the ad and set up a meeting if these people are serious.
MommyofThree 12:16 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
they can trace the ip, or they can reply to the ad and set up a meeting if these people are serious.
Good idea! I hope they do. I was going to respond but what if this was a joke and they called on me wow I hope they do something fast
daycare 12:28 PM 10-27-2011
i think my eyeballs fell out of my head when I read the part about the thumb tack chair....

This is a sick joke I hope to god.... Keep us posted on what happens with this...
sharlan 12:35 PM 10-27-2011
It appears that the ad is gone.
Breezy 12:37 PM 10-27-2011
Oh has to be a joke. Please be a joke.
Country Kids 01:11 PM 10-27-2011
OH MY GOSH!!! I didn't comprehend the joke part and thought the op was saying this about herself! I so need sleep, this reminds me about the union post and I kept thinking it said onions.
thatdivalady 01:23 PM 10-27-2011
Wow...just...Wow. That can't be real but if it is, they should talk to their local CYF office about how to more appropriately and humanely deal with their child.

Maybe it's a sorority prank? Here's hoping!
MarinaVanessa 02:24 PM 10-27-2011
Sounds to me like it's just a DC provider or similar sort being sarcastic of all the unrealistic requests that parents make for such little money. I highly doubt that anyone is stupid enough to be serious about any of those things and then post it online (thumbtacks and a corner in a basement ... please ). Sounds like someone poking fun at unrealistic and demanding parents.
MommyofThree 05:45 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
i think my eyeballs fell out of my head when I read the part about the thumb tack chair....

This is a sick joke I hope to god.... Keep us posted on what happens with this...
yep ad is gone. But CPS did look at it while I was on the phone so maybe they contacted them
MommyofThree 05:46 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
OH MY GOSH!!! I didn't comprehend the joke part and thought the op was saying this about herself! I so need sleep, this reminds me about the union post and I kept thinking it said onions.
lol nope id never do such things to my babies omg my children are my life and for someone to do such a thing.
MommyofThree 05:48 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Sounds to me like it's just a DC provider or similar sort being sarcastic of all the unrealistic requests that parents make for such little money. I highly doubt that anyone is stupid enough to be serious about any of those things and then post it online (thumbtacks and a corner in a basement ... please ). Sounds like someone poking fun at unrealistic and demanding parents.
yes but for a dc person to even say such horrible things. come on that is just sick
LittleD 06:45 AM 10-28-2011
There was a mother like that on Dr. Phil. Used syrup of ipacec on her kid whenever he made her angry. There are people out there who think they are truly doing that type of punishment is ok for a kid
2ndFamilyDC 06:51 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
I called CPS and they cant do much because theres no name or address!!!!!!!!!!!! But she is contacting the cops

Good, hope the police can track down this person. Even if it is a joke they need to have some consequences for placing this ad.

I read it with my mouth hanging open, I just could not belive it.
MissAnn 07:51 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by LittleD:
There was a mother like that on Dr. Phil. Used syrup of ipacec on her kid whenever he made her angry. There are people out there who think they are truly doing that type of punishment is ok for a kid
She doesn't want him to have junk food but doesn't mind poisoning him with syrup of ipecac? If it's not used for medicinal purposes....I would call that poisoning. Horrifying.
GretasLittleFriends 09:00 AM 10-28-2011
I giggled at the harmless bugs in the corner... The parent's choice of "approved" television viewings left something to be desired. And I couldn't help but think if you don't want your kid to EAT junk food, then don't BUY junk food!!

On a side note, a lot of places don't even sell syrup of ipecac anymore. My MIL (retired dc provider) asked me if I had any, and I don't. I can't find it, even if I was required to have it. However Poison Control said that they don't recommend using it anymore anyway.
LittleD 07:50 PM 10-29-2011
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
She doesn't want him to have junk food but doesn't mind poisoning him with syrup of ipecac? If it's not used for medicinal purposes....I would call that poisoning. Horrifying.
My mistake, I googled it after (on my tablet I can't copy and paste ) and it was actually hot sauce!! either way, bad, bad, bad. I'll paste a link here, cuz it's just too hard to believe!
It's called Momy Confessions
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1545/
Tags:craigs list, weird
Reply Up