Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Labor Day Parade
Thriftylady 10:36 AM 08-16-2015
Sept. 7th our little town has a Labor Day parade. I don't really have a way to do a float, but I was hoping for a way to get some free advertising out of this. Who has done something, I can't afford to spend a ton but could use getting my name out there. Ideas?
Silly Songs 11:10 AM 08-16-2015
Candy ! Some parades allow any people to walk in the parade towards the end . Other parades let certain groups throw candy to the crowds ! Maybe you can offer to out candy and just put a few wrapped pieces in a ziplock with your business card. Or use a treat bag and attach your card to a nice ribbon.
butterfly 11:12 AM 08-16-2015
There have been daycares that walk in our town's parades. They have handed out candy while wearing shirts with their logo on them. Sometimes there littles walk too. Some have handed out frisbees or crayons, etc with a business card sticker stuck to the items.

School supplies are cheap now and alot of summer items are on clearance: bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc...
Laurel 12:54 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Sept. 7th our little town has a Labor Day parade. I don't really have a way to do a float, but I was hoping for a way to get some free advertising out of this. Who has done something, I can't afford to spend a ton but could use getting my name out there. Ideas?
You could personalize pencils with name of daycare and phone number.http://www.orientaltrading.com/pc-me...atId=551467+18

Laurel
Laurel 01:01 PM 08-16-2015
or http://www.orientaltrading.com/perso...atId=550233+18

Just go to Oriental Trading and do a search for personalized items.

Laurel
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 08-16-2015
What about you and all your dcks/parents walk in the parade, carry a large banner, brightly decorated with your name bright and bold? The dcks could blow bubbles or carry those pinwheels if candy costs too much. They could also wear home made crowns or hats you can make with them. Anything that advertises fun stuff you do with them?
LovetheSun 10:45 PM 08-16-2015
I was once given a "little flag" with a business card for a children store, it was made of a long colorful pencil (not sharpen) and a small size business card tape on top. It was super cute and the kids were waving them around for a while.

It will be quite cheap to make and the kid will probably want to keep them.
Laurel 06:41 AM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:
I was once given a "little flag" with a business card for a children store, it was made of a long colorful pencil (not sharpen) and a small size business card tape on top. It was super cute and the kids were waving them around for a while.

That's a really cute idea!

Laurel
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:47 AM 08-17-2015
thanks for asking this- I need to get stuff ordered for Halloween. I want to logo my hand outs this year I am full but it never hurts to advertise.
I was just looking on amazon and you can order little 4 packs of crayons.
laundrymom 10:33 AM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:

That is a super cute idea!!! And would be so festive for them to carry and pass out in parade.
Reply Up