Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Kid You Have To Touch
Hunni Bee 10:18 AM 09-17-2016
So I've got my new crop of kiddos, and I got one who is known for behavioral issues. He doesn't have any diagnoses or issues that I can see. He just is the quintessential class clown. His goal in life is to have the other kids laugh at him as much as possible.

Hes quite bright, very good at fine motor activities and can independently do most tasks. He has trouble with group activities because he constantly has the urge to be silly and get the attention on him. I do "one and done" with him and its helped a lot.

What I've noticed is that he does not respond or listen to his name or instructions if I just say them normally or even in a raised voice. Even "A, STOP!" gets no acknowledgement. I have to go to him, literally stop his body with my hands and speak directly into his face. I dint think there's a hearing issue, because he hears just fine with friends, but I can't rule it out.

The issue is, we have a "hands-off" discipline policy. But words dont reach him unless accompanied by touch. I never touch him roughly, I either hold his shoulders or take his hand. Its like the touch redirects his attention. But Im afraid the admins may say something.

Has anyone had experience with a child like this.
Tags:holding baby, touching
Up