Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>"on off" concept
Nu2biz 12:22 PM 08-03-2011
Hello all,

Next week is "back to school". My son will start on Monday, so my child care will start back too. I am working on the lesson plan for Aug and will be including basic concepts each month. The first concept is "on off". I have never used concepts before and am looking for some ideas. I have found two different worksheets to use. (I find the free ones since my income is VERY little). I am wanting to do some independent hands on activities/work that will help make it "real" for them. I am having a hard time coming up with ideas... Any advise? Oh I have a 18 month old (she is my daughter) a 4 and 5 year olds.

Thanks for all your ideas!
SilverSabre25 12:53 PM 08-03-2011
let each of them practice using a light switch

direct them to put something on the table, then take it off the table. Then put it on the chair, then take something else off the shelf, etc.
Cat Herder 01:00 PM 08-03-2011
Jacket on, Jacket off....

Shoes on, shoes off.....

On the mat, off the mat....

Put sprinkles on an ice cream cone...lick them back off....
Nu2biz 03:53 PM 08-08-2011
So today was back to "school". During carpet time we talked about "on off". I have some concept word pictures. I gave my dck a "special tool". A flashlight when I held up the picture with the word "on" he turned on the flash light... The word picture card with the word off he made sure the flashlight was off. Sometimes I held up the same word picture right after the other. He sealed to like it. Tomarrow we'll do it a little different. Thanks for your ideas!!
Tags:curriculum - ideas, curriculum - play based
Reply Up