Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any One Certified in WI
Unregistered 07:44 AM 08-10-2012
I live in Wi and am thinking about getting certified while I am working on getting lisensed. I can't find anything on what it takes to get certified. Is there any one out there from WI that knows what I'll need to become certified. Also how many children can you have in your care if you are certified and is there any age limits?
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 08-10-2012
Here is some info for the state of Wisconsin. We have several members on the forum board that are in Wisconsin, hopefully one of them can add some info for you.

https://www.daycare.com/wisconsin/
WImom 08:34 AM 08-10-2012
I was certified about 7 years ago before I got licensed. I found it to more of a pain than getting licensed but it could have changed since then. It was also for Milw. Co so not sure what county you are in.

I think I could have 3 kids total unrelated to me. Maybe this link will help - http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/childcare/c...on/default.htm
Unregistered 11:09 AM 08-10-2012
Thanks Every One. WI MOM thank you so much, I have looked on that website numberous times in the past year and have never found that page. I also thought that I had read certified providers were limited to 3 children, but I've seen on a few certified daycare providers websites that a will have a 6 child limit. I wonder if they don't have a spouse or some kind of employee that would allow them more children. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Sarah
Heidi 01:14 PM 08-10-2012
You can have 3 UNDER 7 and 3 OVER, and no assitants (well, you can HAVE assistants, you just can't have more children because of them)..

I am in Wisconsin, both licensed and certified. I would be happy to help you with any questions. Please feel free to PM me. I have gotten informally mentored several people into the childcare field over the years

Please register and join us on the boards!
Reply Up