Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>6 Year Old Beats Up Teacher and....
Crystal 03:19 PM 10-01-2012
The parents claim it is a ridiculous allegation:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...195314203.html

When a teacher has no alternative but to allow the child to hit/kick/bite/pinch him because he could face a lawsuit of his own if tries to restrain the child....what is he to do????
Blackcat31 03:25 PM 10-01-2012
There really are no words.

This is failure on many levels

The decline of our educational system really does start at home.
Crystal 03:35 PM 10-01-2012
No kidding BC.

This kid, btw, is HUGE. 4'2" at 6 years old?! I am 5'2"....he could certainly kick my butt!

I can def. see how a child that size can do some damage to an adult, especially when the adult has no choice but to take it.
daycare 03:39 PM 10-01-2012
OMG those parents are in such denial. Of course it was not their childs fault. I am sure it's the schools fault right.

I cannot belive what I am reading. What has our society of today's children become? OK, never mind I asked, that's a whole different thread.

What has me even more shocked, is the pic of the kids in a fighting stance. Did they encourage the child to pose that way for the picture? Ugh
Willow 04:50 PM 10-01-2012
I'm sure that pose is going to look just as cute when he's in kiddie jail in 10 years......

daycare 05:32 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
I'm sure that pose is going to look just as cute when he's in kiddie jail in 10 years......

ugh,..... At this rate he will be in jail before he is 16..... seriously this is so sad
DCMama 02:04 PM 10-02-2012
Wow someone has too much video game time or something. This is strange.
Country Kids 02:33 PM 10-02-2012
A friend told me this story:

High school boy was beating up his girlfriend at school! Teacher couldn't intervine because kids were under 18 and the parents(boy) could press charges on teacher for restraining/man handling the boy.

I remember fights in the school and shop teachers/coaches would always break them up. You knew you were in big, big trouble by parents and the school then.
Willow 02:47 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
A friend told me this story:

High school boy was beating up his girlfriend at school! Teacher couldn't intervine because kids were under 18 and the parents(boy) could press charges on teacher for restraining/man handling the boy.

I remember fights in the school and shop teachers/coaches would always break them up. You knew you were in big, big trouble by parents and the school then.
What the heck??!

On the opposite note I could have sworn there was just some hub-bub in TX because a female student took a paddling as punishment for something she did and a male teacher administered it......the issue not being that a teacher assaulted the student but that the paddling was administered by a teacher of the opposite sex.

Crazy how in some places a teacher is hardly allowed to glance in a students direction and others they're allowed to administer full on corporal punishment.
sharlan 02:49 PM 10-02-2012
You all know that this was the teacher's fault, right? "I tried to hold his wrists, and he began biting me,'' The teacher should never have laid a hand on this child. The poor child was just defending himself against the big, bad teacher.

(S A R C A S M!!!!!!!)

Parents, just keep making excuses for your children.
Willow 02:50 PM 10-02-2012
This:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/24...ter-complaint/
Willow 02:53 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:

I can def. see how a child that size can do some damage to an adult, especially when the adult has no choice but to take it.

Makes me wonder at what point a teacher can press charges on a child?

I mean shouldn't they be able to if they are being assaulted and have no legal way to defend themselves?
daycare 02:57 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Makes me wonder at what point a teacher can press charges on a child?

I mean shouldn't they be able to if they are being assaulted and have no legal way to defend themselves?
I showed this to my 16 year old son and he said can the teacher sue the family for the embarassment that he will have to live with that he HAD to allow a child to beat him up? Kind of like if someone tried to defame you?

There has to be some way that a teacher can at least restrain a child that is acts out like this one did. Just like we would never allow a chld to hit us, why do teachers have to take it?? Unless I was MMA or some kind of fighter no one could pay me enough to stand there and get beat up........................so sad
Kaddidle Care 04:49 PM 10-02-2012
My concern is - if he did that to a teacher, what could he do to another student? The parents need to pull their heads out of the sand. They must think it's cute that little Jr. can throw a punch.

I have seen this all too often when parents allow children to take Karate lessons way too early.

This child has not been taught respect for starters. I hope they kick his little tush out of school.
daycare 05:16 PM 10-02-2012
I used to have a kid that was only 2 and his parents had him in MMA.... yup you read that right. The dad took classes and then enrolled his 2 year old. He tacked one of my DCK and I said if it happens again, hes gone. I told them that I felt that he should not be in that class that it was causing him to act out violently and they actually listened to me...

BUT their enrollment here was short lived....lol
Reply Up