Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Website/Facebook Page
TwinMama 07:15 AM 11-14-2014
Do any of you have your own website or Facebook page for your daycare?

If so, what kind of information do you provide on there?

I was thinking about starting a Facebook page and maybe posting pictures of the play area.

I'm not sure whether to post our contact information or pricing.
Baby Beluga 07:27 AM 11-14-2014
I have a FB page for my daycare. I use it to post photos of my DC space and activities the children participate in. I do not show faces or use names though. Instead children are referred to the first initial of their name.
TwinMama 07:36 AM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have a FB page for my daycare. I use it to post photos of my DC space and activities the children participate in. I do not show faces or use names though. Instead children are referred to the first initial of their name.
Do you put down what you offer? (meals, snacks, organized activities, etc.)
Baby Beluga 07:42 AM 11-14-2014
I do not, no. I am in the process of building a website that I would like to have all the info on and that info is in my advertisements. But the FB page is mainly just so current and prospective parents can see that types of activities the children do. I do a weekly themed unit of learning with a lot of K readiness activities and parents always have more questions about that then anything else. This was an easy way for them to actually see what we do vs me trying to explain it all.
TwinMama 07:45 AM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I do not, no. I am in the process of building a website that I would like to have all the info on and that info in my advertisements. But the FB page is mainly just so current and prospective parents can see that types of activities the children do. I do a weekly themed unit of learning with a lot of K readiness activities and parents always have more questions about that then anything else. This was an easy way for them to actually see what we do vs me trying to explain it all.
That's kind of my thing. I'm not licensed, but I want to parents to know that I'm serious and that it's not just free play all day. I'm going to plan activities.
Blackcat31 10:05 AM 11-14-2014
I have both but only use my website for posting pictures of the DCK's.

I don't think that putting them on FB is wise no matter how good/tight you believe their settings to be....kwim?

Even with parent permission, I'd rather share via my website.

The area on my website that I post pictures to is password protected for currently enrolled parents only. The rest of the site is viewable by anyone.
midaycare 10:32 AM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have both but only use my website for posting pictures of the DCK's.

I don't think that putting them on FB is wise no matter how good/tight you believe their settings to be....kwim?

Even with parent permission, I'd rather share via my website.

The area on my website that I post pictures to is password protected for currently enrolled parents only. The rest of the site is viewable by anyone.
I do the same thing. Pics of kids is on my website on a password protected page. I have a facebook page, but I'm going to disable it. I never post there.
Stepping 01:11 PM 11-14-2014
I have a facebook page for sharing photos of our activities through out the day. My website is mostly for new customers to find out more information so I put our menu and curriculum etc on there. I don't post prices because I'm slightly higher prices than some in my area and I want people to come and see my space before writing me off because of the price.

I used wix.com to build my website, it was pretty easy to do!
LadyBugHugs 08:22 AM 02-28-2015
I currently have a FB page for my parents and their extended family to view photos but I am trying to build a website for all other information. I purchased the small business pkg from GoDaddy and am confused about the themes. I am wanting to put a calender with events up, handbook, forms,rates, openings, resource page, contact link, etc.

Anyone able to help this non techie with some information?

Pretty Please
Reply Up