Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Email to New Family
284878 09:12 AM 09-09-2016
I have a new family starting next month. DCM came out and signed all the forms but forgot her checkbook for the holding fee. She said she would mail it but it has not arrived yet, that was over a week ago.

During the interview, they said that they would need 3 rotating days. I prepared the contract based on the number of days they requested.

During signing the paperwork, she requested to pay for all four (I am only open 4 days with Friday being a by drop in only) days a week, just make sure they days are held for them. I agreed but forgot to subtract for the extra $5 a day for the “rotating schedule”.

I want to send her an email that states her correct daily/ weekly rate with a reminder that the spot is not guaranteed until I receive the check. (I would include a correct on contract in the email.) I also want to hint that I am currently getting calls for the infant spot and I cannot continue to say I am full without the holding fee.

What would be the best way to explain my calculation opps and how much time would you give her to return new contract with correct rate and holding fee?
childcaremom 09:18 AM 09-09-2016
When I send forms out for registration, parents are given 3 days to have them completed, returned, and deposit paid or the spot is not guaranteed.
laundrymom 09:28 AM 09-09-2016
Hi mom.

I've included an attachment with the new hours you requested listed and the new fee noted. Please print out and return with payment to complete your enrollment.
Thank you.

Provider

Originally Posted by 284878:
I have a new family starting next month. DCM came out and signed all the forms but forgot her checkbook for the holding fee. She said she would mail it but it has not arrived yet, that was over a week ago.

During the interview, they said that they would need 3 rotating days. I prepared the contract based on the number of days they requested.

During signing the paperwork, she requested to pay for all four (I am only open 4 days with Friday being a by drop in only) days a week, just make sure they days are held for them. I agreed but forgot to subtract for the extra $5 a day for the “rotating schedule”.

I want to send her an email that states her correct daily/ weekly rate with a reminder that the spot is not guaranteed until I receive the check. (I would include a correct on contract in the email.) I also want to hint that I am currently getting calls for the infant spot and I cannot continue to say I am full without the holding fee.

What would be the best way to explain my calculation opps and how much time would you give her to return new contract with correct rate and holding fee?

daycarediva 09:35 AM 09-09-2016
I give parents 48 hours.

Dear dcm,

Enclosed is the update quote for care to fulfill your request for all four days. As you can see there is a slight per day decrease in rates. I will need the updated contract and deposit no later than Monday 9/12 to guarantee his space in my program starting X day.

Best,
provider

If it ISN'T received by that day/time, then they get an another email. If I loved the family, I give them a reminder. If they get right back to me, I give them until the following day. If I was so-so or liked another family I interviewed better, I just say thank you for your interest in my program, and that I had filled the space with another family (or opened up the space to interviewing)
Reply Up