Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gramps Gave Notice
melissa ann 04:57 PM 08-16-2010
This afternoon at pickup, g-pa said that he was going to be pulling boy out. He talked to CCIS and they said they pay more for preschool. Not sure on that. Anyway, there is a daycare across the street from me that also offers preschool. He said that then he would only have to pay his copay and nothing else. That I find hard to believe. I do think, however, this would be better for the boy. I think he needs a more structured environment. G-pa did say he knows I work with the kids and if if wasn't for me, he would probably still be in diapers.
I don't think he asked enough questions for the daycare as he just kept saying about preschool, but child will need to be there all day, not just for the 2 hrs or so of preschool.
G-pa's daughter will still bring her 2 kids. She wants them to come here to me.
I do know of a few kids who go there. And they do not put up with sick kids. Now, this boy always has a cough, runny noses etc. I think all this came about because he didn't want to pay for vacation, which is only 1/2 their normal rate. OH, well. I'm kinda relieved. But, I will be waiting for him to say that the grass is not greener on the other side of the street. Because I know they will not put up with all of his crap.
Former Teacher 05:24 PM 08-16-2010
yippy for you!!!!
professionalmom 05:47 PM 08-16-2010
Many of the parents or guardians that push the boundaries (which are not all of them, just some of them), are the same ones that will jump ship the minute you get firm with them. Then they find out that you were not the Nazi they thought you were and that, in reality, you were 10x more generous and flexible than these "centers" or "preschools". Sadly, the ones that did this to me, left on very bad terms (cussing, yelling, etc at me for being "unreasonable"), so they burned that bridge and I wouldn't let them come back.
ninosqueridos 06:34 PM 08-16-2010
I've only been lurking/posting for a couple of months now...but that is GREAT for you! Woo hoo! Wonder if in a few months he'll ask to come back....
mac60 07:00 PM 08-16-2010
Sorry to hear that for you, in that it is money you will be losing, but won't have to deal with them anymore. I hope you can fill the spots with a nice considerate family.
kitkat 07:17 PM 08-16-2010
I was so excited when I saw the heading for your post! I'm sure it will be nice to not have to deal with him anymore. I hope you are able to find a great replacement!
AfterSchoolMom 05:52 AM 08-17-2010
Yay for you!!! I bet that's a big weight off your shoulders.
Lilbutterflie 06:02 AM 08-17-2010
That is great! I've only been here a short while and I've been following your "gramps" stories! He treated you so badly.
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 08-17-2010
I have to say that although I do think that this will be a good break for you I will miss the G-pa stories lol. I think this will do you and him some good. It will give you a break (because I believe that it's only a matter of time that he figures out that they are not going to be as lenient with him as you were and will probably come back to you after some time) and a reality check for him. If things don't work out for him over there and he wants to come back I'd be extremely stringent in telling him that things won't be the same as they were before and that he will have to follow the rules as you have laid them out. All in all I think this will be a good change. I hope you can fill his spot soon, oh and get his 2-week notice in writing!!
misol 10:17 AM 08-17-2010
Yippee! Your life is about to get sooo much better. I hope that the grass IS greener across the street so that you can be rid of him for good and replace the boy with a more compliant and respectful family.

From the tone of your post, I gather you would consider taking him back if he asks. Make sure that if you do, it's your way or the highway. No ifs ands or butts. He needs to follow the rules by the book - no exceptions.
DCMomOf3 10:28 AM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have to say that although I do think that this will be a good break for you I will miss the G-pa stories lol. I think this will do you and him some good. It will give you a break (because I believe that it's only a matter of time that he figures out that they are not going to be as lenient with him as you were and will probably come back to you after some time) and a reality check for him. If things don't work out for him over there and he wants to come back I'd be extremely stringent in telling him that things won't be the same as they were before and that he will have to follow the rules as you have laid them out. All in all I think this will be a good change. I hope you can fill his spot soon, oh and get his 2-week notice in writing!!
Ditto this!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:13 AM 08-17-2010
so how excited are you that you are about to hand off your grumpy grampy to someone else?????
melissa ann 06:02 AM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Yippee! Your life is about to get sooo much better. I hope that the grass IS greener across the street so that you can be rid of him for good and replace the boy with a more compliant and respectful family.

From the tone of your post, I gather you would consider taking him back if he asks. Make sure that if you do, it's your way or the highway. No ifs ands or butts. He needs to follow the rules by the book - no exceptions.
I don't think I would. Yesterday at pickup, dcb said to g-pa, look my new school and he pointed across the street. G-pa said, maybe, it's not definate yet.
When g-pa went on subsidy earlier this year, he was under the impression that all he would have to pay is the co-payment,but he still owed the differnce what subsidy paid per day and what I charge. So, in the end, he was paying more through subsidy since he had to bring the boy everyday instead of 3. He is not the brightest. I do know subsidy pays a little more for licensed providers and centers, but I'm fairly certain that they don't cover the entire daily amount. I want him to send the boy over there and everytime time the boy gets sick, he will have to come for him. I called him once to get the boy in almost 2 1/2 yrs.
mac60 06:40 AM 08-18-2010
You know the saying...the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He will find out how good you were to them.
Tags:ccis, grandparents
Reply Up