Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>5th Disease
Unregistered 12:10 PM 12-12-2016
Anyone know anything about this! Is it contagious? I have a child who has a rash on his cheek and it's bumby it is red and then it lightens up and gets red again. No fever at all he has been itching his rash. Mom sent a pic to dr office they said it's just a rash and unless it's on his arm it's not 5ths? Advice please and thank you!
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Anyone know anything about this! Is it contagious? I have a child who has a rash on his cheek and it's bumby it is red and then it lightens up and gets red again. No fever at all he has been itching his rash. Mom sent a pic to dr office they said it's just a rash and unless it's on his arm it's not 5ths? Advice please and thank you!
http://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henne...ider.pdf?la=en
Blackcat31 02:42 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Fwiw~ Even if it is or isn't Fifth's, I would NOT accept a Dr's diagnosis via a cell phone picture.

I would not allow the child to return until a Dr has physically seen him and diagnosed the rash.

I'd have issues with a Dr willing to diagnose something via a cell phone picture and honestly have never heard of a Dr that is willing to do such a thing.
Silly Songs 04:46 PM 12-12-2016
I was thinking the same thing. What dr diagnoses from a photo ? Sounds a bit suspicious!
Snowmom 05:35 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
I was thinking the same thing. What dr diagnoses from a photo ? Sounds a bit suspicious!
My bet is that Mom went through "virtuwell".
It's trending big time right now.
daycare 05:39 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Fwiw~ Even if it is or isn't Fifth's, I would NOT accept a Dr's diagnosis via a cell phone picture.

I would not allow the child to return until a Dr has physically seen him and diagnosed the rash.

I'd have issues with a Dr willing to diagnose something via a cell phone picture and honestly have never heard of a Dr that is willing to do such a thing.
we do have that here.
I go to a very large popular hospital the next city over. If you think you may have something contagious, they will offer you a video/picture phone appointment. Trying to keep contagious people home.
You will be asked to email the pic to your doctor or you can video conference your appointment.

I have never done it, but I know that the option is there. I have had parents use it and I still require a doctors note of diagnosis.
With my hospital/primary doctor,95% of my communication, including lab results are all done via their secure website.
Blackcat31 06:10 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
My bet is that Mom went through "virtuwell".
It's trending big time right now.
Originally Posted by daycare:
we do have that here.
I go to a very large popular hospital the next city over. If you think you may have something contagious, they will offer you a video/picture phone appointment. Trying to keep contagious people home.
You will be asked to email the pic to your doctor or you can video conference your appointment.

I have never done it, but I know that the option is there. I have had parents use it and I still require a doctors note of diagnosis.
With my hospital/primary doctor,95% of my communication, including lab results are all done via their secure website.
Totally get it.

Not sure I'd be comfortable with it though.

I think when it comes to group exposure for littles under school age, I value the face to face expertise verses the intent to stream-line medical issues and the need for efficiency.
daycare 08:15 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Totally get it.

Not sure I'd be comfortable with it though.

I think when it comes to group exposure for littles under school age, I value the face to face expertise verses the intent to stream-line medical issues and the need for efficiency.
I feel the same way. I personal want a child or myself to be seen in person. I am not sure how one can acurratley diagnose someone via picture or video.
Pestle 08:48 PM 12-12-2016
I could see it being useful to confirm that somebody needs to be seen in person--or to show the doctor what it looks like typically, instead of during that half-day window when it suddenly appears cured while you're at the clinic, and then returns when you get back home again.
Tags:fifth disease
Reply Up