Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Change or Not to Change?
CraftyMom 10:43 AM 06-11-2014
It' is nap time and everyone is sleeping soundly.

I just noticed a funny smell and realized someone has a poop! Would you wake them up to change them or wait until they wake up? Knowing that this will likely mean the end of nap for everyone?

We are an hour into nap

Also, the suspect is not prone to rash
playground1 10:48 AM 06-11-2014
No, I wouldn't.
Unregistered 10:49 AM 06-11-2014
Oh please not this thread again! lol This was another heated topic last year so before you get everyone riled up...Yes,go change them,quietly.lol
CraftyMom 10:52 AM 06-11-2014
Uh-oh, didn't realize it was a heated topic

Not trying to go there!
NeedaVaca 10:53 AM 06-11-2014
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...highlight=poop
CraftyMom 11:07 AM 06-11-2014
I decided to change him. He is laying quietly for now

I just read some of the other thread, not looking for a repeat I guess I was wondering out loud. They had a very busy morning and they all need their full nap
NeedaVaca 11:08 AM 06-11-2014
Good for you! You did the right thing
playground1 11:29 AM 06-11-2014
Sheesh, my drama meter is topped for today. I do have a question though. per state regulations, do you need to change them on a table or can you change them in bed?

See at work, we have the issue that we sleep on mats and with the older kids, we'd have to straight wake them up because lifting a sleeping 2 year old from the floor is very hard without waking them. And we can't change them in their beds, which is what I would do with my own kids.
CraftyMom 11:41 AM 06-11-2014
Not a table specifically, but a vinyl mat used only for that purpose that is disinfected after every use.

Easy enough, I scooted him over onto the changing mat, changed him, and scooted him back
kitykids3 11:47 AM 06-11-2014
I see you already handled it, but I would have said nope. There's no way I'm waking a sleeping kid if I don't have to. The poop usually waits at naptime.
melilley 12:20 PM 06-11-2014
I would change them. It sucks when it happens, but I feel bad if they sleep while they are pooey.
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 06-11-2014
I would change the diaper right away.

I don't care if it would wake the other kids... a poopy child has right to have his/her immediate needs taken care of immediately.

Some states have regulations stating this and some don't so it's important to abide by those rules/guidelines.

Check you state regulations.
craftymissbeth 12:32 PM 06-11-2014
I also would have changed them... while cursing LOUDLY inside my head
NeedaVaca 12:47 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by queen_of_the_playground:
Sheesh, my drama meter is topped for today. I do have a question though. per state regulations, do you need to change them on a table or can you change them in bed?

See at work, we have the issue that we sleep on mats and with the older kids, we'd have to straight wake them up because lifting a sleeping 2 year old from the floor is very hard without waking them. And we can't change them in their beds, which is what I would do with my own kids.
So you don't change them because it would wake them?
playground1 12:50 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
So you don't change them because it would wake them?
"Sheesh, my drama meter is topped for today."

NeedaVaca 12:56 PM 06-11-2014
"Sheesh, my drama meter is topped for today."
That's wonderful to hear, I would have been happy to see it was topped for the week So why did you follow that statement with your question and issue? Odd
playground1 01:09 PM 06-11-2014
That's wonderful to hear, I would have been happy to see it was topped for the week So why did you follow that statement with your question and issue? Odd

Michael 01:18 PM 06-11-2014
This is going to stop right now. If you are going to be a member of this forum you are going to do so in a constructive manner. This forum is about childcare and it needs to stay on topic, be positive and constructive.

Your flavor may not be right for this forum. It either has to change now or you need to find a forum that better suits your style. Your choice, but ultimately my decision.

Michael
King of the Castle

playground1 01:32 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
This is going to stop right now. If you are going to be a member of this forum you are going to do so in a constructive manner. This forum is about childcare and it needs to stay on topic, be positive and constructive.

Your flavor may not be right for this forum. It either has to change now or you need to find a forum that better suits your style. Your choice, but ultimately my decision.

Michael
King of the Castle
I'm going to assume you're talking to me, since I'm the one that's relatively new here. Is that the case?
Michael 01:34 PM 06-11-2014
I'm going to assume you're talking to me, since I'm the one that's relatively new here. Is that the case?
Yes, specifically to you. Be mindful of what I said. I am sure you have good intentions but you are disrupting the mood within the forum. You need to adapt to it's tempo and not stir the pot. We need less drama.
playground1 01:43 PM 06-11-2014
Yes, specifically to you. Be mindful of what I said. I am sure you have good intentions here but you are disrupting the mood within the forum. You need to adapt to it's tempo and not stir the pot. We need less drama here.
No, you need some action and information and frankly a more updated platform because this **** is ancient. 95% of the posts here are people bitching about their jobs, and while there's a place for that, it's taking up the entire space.

I realize you don't give a **** about it and are just going to hang on til it's on it's last leg. It's just about there.

Originally Posted by :
Your flavor may not be right for this forum.
This decade isn't right for this forum.

Originally Posted by :
Michael
King of the Castle
You cannot even be serious with this bull****.

Michael 01:47 PM 06-11-2014
No, you need some action and information and frankly a more updated platform because this **** is ancient. 95% of the posts here are people bitching about their jobs, and while there's a place for that, it's taking up the entire space.

I realize you don't give a **** about it and are just going to hang on til it's on it's last leg. It's just about there.

You cannot even be serious with this bull****.

Wrong answer. Ba Bye

Unregistered 01:49 PM 06-11-2014
Um,you do realize you are talking to the owner of the daycare forum!!!
You may have a point but no one is going to listen to it with that language.
It's been nice talking to you but I see you getting banned pretty quickly,sorry to say!
MarinaVanessa 02:06 PM 06-11-2014
Oh jeez. What drama did I miss?? I literally had just ignored her not more than 2 hours ago and so now I miss all of the action
KiddieCahoots 02:11 PM 06-11-2014
Don't know if I should be posting right now, and not trying to offend anybody here.......

I feel the need to......Thank You Michael!!!!!

I'm here to learn, have respectful debates, and make friends, and feel blessed to have found this forum.

Uncomfortable, abrasive, critical, and confrontational debates from that person was just not ok.
MarinaVanessa 02:18 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Don't know if I should be posting right now, and not trying to offend anybody here.......

I'm here to learn, have respectful debates, and make friends, and feel blessed to have found this forum.

Uncomfortable, abrasive, critical, and confrontational debates from that person was just not ok.
To each his own and I think everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions but I looked back through threads and realized that I didn't really think she contributed much to the forum other than to share her opinions in an abrasive way or to give short brief answers. I simply ignored her so I couldn't see her posts. I'm glad I did even though she'll probably be banned.
Mom o Col 02:28 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:

I wanted to say something but didn't know what to say or if doing so would contribute to the drama but couldn't have said it better than the above. Thank you, Michael. I value this site, the people on it and the people who run it. It is decidedly NOT behind the times. It is a blessing to me and so many others who need a place to learn from one another, commiserate about our jobs (one of the hardest things about being a child care provider for me is not having an appropriate place to vent about every day job related annoyances since I have no co workers or other day care provider friends) , get constructive criticism, and just be connected. OH, and to say the site is on its last legs? Funny, since I see new members every day.
craftymissbeth 02:34 PM 06-11-2014
Wowza!
nannyde 02:57 PM 06-11-2014
The disrespect makes me sad. Really sad.

In this day and age it should be pretty easy to figure out what it takes to pay for and maintain a site like this that we all get for FREE.

Have some respect and gratitude for this forum.
Michael 03:06 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Mom o Col:
I wanted to say something but didn't know what to say or if doing so would contribute to the drama but couldn't have said it better than the above. Thank you, Michael. I value this site, the people on it and the people who run it. It is decidedly NOT behind the times. It is a blessing to me and so many others who need a place to learn from one another, commiserate about our jobs (one of the hardest things about being a child care provider for me is not having an appropriate place to vent about every day job related annoyances since I have no co workers or other day care provider friends) , get constructive criticism, and just be connected. OH, and to say the site is on its last legs? Funny, since I see new members every day.
My number one prerogative is to maintain the database. This forum and server are almost 10 years old. In the past I have updated software and computers only to find none of it worked "together" anymore. If you have ever lost a hard drive or had a long written story disappear, you know what I mean.

There is a wealth of information within the database of this forum that is unique and to lose it would be a loss for the internet childcare community. So, let it look the way it wants to. What matters is the content all of you have contributed to others that make this space a better place for yourselves and the children that we care for.

Lets preserve it in the utmost constructive manner we can. It is free for you to use and I will stay as close to it and involved as I can. The mods can always contact me 24/7 and I can do just about anything from my mobile phone. Its my magic wand!
NightOwl 04:34 PM 06-11-2014
Can't she just go create another account?
Patches 04:36 PM 06-11-2014
I'm sorry, but I'm cracking up at the tag "how to get banned"
Michael 04:47 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Can't she just go create another account?
I blocked her IP. She can't even see Daycare.com from her computer. She can use a different computer but if I know its her (and I will) I will also block it.
CraftyMom 04:59 PM 06-11-2014
I am so grateful for this site! One of the things I like is that we can disagree respectfully and know that we all have our differing opinions, but at the end of the day we all have the common goal of taking care of children which can be a very tough thing to do sometimes. Yes, we sometimes "complain about our jobs", but who doesn't? A lot of us here are in this alone with no assistant. I find one of the most difficult things is that I have no co workers. At my out of the house job I can vent to my co workers if need be because they understand since they are in the same profession. I view the providers here as my co workers who understand and most importantly have advice in tough situations. It also makes a world of difference to know that across the country and beyond providers experience the same issues, that it isn't just me, and it isn't something I am doing wrong. How many of us here have situations where, without the advice of the providers here, may continue to let parents walk all over us not realizing that it is ok to say no and to not feel bad for enforcing our policies. I can't say enough about how much these providers have helped me become a better provider.

For the first time since I've been on this forum, in the past couple of weeks I've been finding myself getting highly annoyed at comments by one provider. Things that just seem to be causing an upset unnecessarily. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has the right to express it. But if someone doesn't agree with our opinion we can walk away, stop reading or stop commenting. There is no need to think that our opinion is the only opinion and if someone doesn't agree, feel the need to prove to them that they are wrong and we are right (general we, and they)

Thank you Michael for saying something
CraftyMom 05:01 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
I'm sorry, but I'm cracking up at the tag "how to get banned"

Leanna 05:15 PM 06-11-2014
Hallelujah! **bows to Michael**

I have had my fair share of disagreements on here...taking care of children brings up strong feelings in people. HOWEVER, Michael maintains this forum for us FOR FREE and is a gracious host. Say what you want about us members (although that gets me too) but don't disrespect Michael.
Shell 06:46 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
The disrespect makes me sad. Really sad.

In this day and age it should be pretty easy to figure out what it takes to pay for and maintain a site like this that we all get for FREE.

Have some respect and gratitude for this forum.
Oh, I have been waiting all day for you to chime in! Agree 100%.
preschoolteacher 07:49 PM 06-11-2014
I was reading the other drama thread, and then I came here.

What a relief!

Thanks, Michael.

This forum has been my #1 source of support and advice and I'm so grateful for it!
SilverSabre25 08:24 PM 06-11-2014
Well that escalated quickly.

Dang.

Thank you Michael
Sunshine74 09:47 PM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Well that escalated quickly.

Dang.

Thank you Michael

Sorry, every time someone uses that phrase, this is what I think of.
Unregistered 07:17 AM 06-12-2014
"Your choice, but ultimately my decision.
Michael
King of the Castle"

Wow, what a douchbag.
NightOwl 07:43 AM 06-12-2014
Unregistered, you better check yourself.
Leanna 08:08 AM 06-12-2014
Unregistered, you better check yourself.
As my kids would say: True that!
Meyou 08:16 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
"Your choice, but ultimately my decision.
Michael
King of the Castle"

Wow, what a douchbag.
I'm sorry??? Did you just make a large financial contribution to Daycare.com that entitles you to an opinion on the owner of this FREE to the public site?? No??? Then find the door. Thanks.

Thank you for all you do Michael. It can't be easy running with a pack of ladies all the time.
Mom o Col 08:28 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I'm sorry??? Did you just make a large financial contribution to Daycare.com that entitles you to an opinion on the owner of this FREE to the public site?? No??? Then find the door. Thanks.

Thank you for all you do Michael. It can't be easy running with a pack of ladies all the time.

MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:35 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:

I have stayed out of these threads but laughed at that one!!
girls (even old ones) = llama drama
NightOwl 09:45 AM 06-12-2014
Omg, I love the llama books!
craftymissbeth 10:03 AM 06-12-2014
Are banned members still able to log in? Her profile says she's online and that her last activity was at 9:26 this morning. Yesterday it said her last activity was 5:05... right after she was banned

I can't imagine being banned from a forum and then continuing to log in and browse.

(I only noticed because both times I visited her profile it was because instead of clicking the thread title I accidently clicked her user name)
NightOwl 11:14 AM 06-12-2014
It sure does. That's odd. Can she still use her account? Maybe she was using a different ip and still logged in?
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Are banned members still able to log in? Her profile says she's online and that her last activity was at 9:26 this morning. Yesterday it said her last activity was 5:05... right after she was banned

I can't imagine being banned from a forum and then continuing to log in and browse.

(I only noticed because both times I visited her profile it was because instead of clicking the thread title I accident,y clicked her user name)
It sure does. That's odd. Can she still use her account? Maybe she was using a different ip and still logged in?
It took a bit of time for the cookies to be cleared and now she "should" not have access anymore. (we hope)

The thing about a public forum is that we can take whatever methods of blocking available but it isnt going to always be 100% accurate kwim?

So what can be done is done and hopefully banned members will remain without access.

If any banned account manages to find a way to be here, they must really really want to be here... But of course, any drama filled posts and such will be monitored as always.

If anyone ever sees anything they feel is inappropriate to the forum, just click the report post button and Michael and all mods are notified. IF we aren't online, we will either get an e-mail or just see it when we do log on and take care of it.

The best thing we can do as members is to not reply or feed the posts you feel are trolls as that is their point. Other than that, we just do what we can.
Sugar Magnolia 11:33 AM 06-12-2014
What the what just happened here?! Omgosh!
OP....glad to hear you changed the diaper, totally the right thing to do! It's a health concern ad well as a respect issue.

As to the other nonsense.....
Way to go Michael! Your platform is fine and your forum is much appreciated.

Btw, I don't know about y'all, but the.Queen of the Playground's profile picture of the kid picking his nose made we want to vomit every time I saw it, to the point I had to scroll past every response from her. Nasty. And rude.
Michael 11:34 AM 06-12-2014

(I only noticed because both times I visited her profile it was because instead of clicking the thread title I accidently clicked her user name)
I keep forum cookies on for a long time that way you don't have to keep logging back it. I've kept Queen's account in case I need to track her returning. She appears to have accessed as unregistered through a Google route in LA but she does not have access to her account.

The unregistered IP that was used today has now been blocked. I get the feeling she wanted to take a last swipe. That is one member we don't need here.
Sugar Magnolia 11:36 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It took a bit of time for the cookies to be cleared and now she "should" not have access anymore. (we hope)

The thing about a public forum is that we can take whatever methods of blocking available but it isnt going to always be 100% accurate kwim?

So what can be done is done and hopefully banned members will remain without access.

If any banned account manages to find a way to be here, they must really really want to be here... But of course, any drama filled posts and such will be monitored as always.

If anyone ever sees anything they feel is inappropriate to the forum, just click the report post button and Michael and all mods are notified. IF we aren't online, we will either get an e-mail or just see it when we do log on and take care of it.

The best thing we can do as members is to not reply or feed the posts you feel are trolls as that is their point. Other than that, we just do what we can.
Just wondering if you think (or know) if the unregistered douchebag comment was her as well?
craftymissbeth 11:38 AM 06-12-2014
I keep forum cookies on for a long time that way you don't have to keep logging back it. I've kept Queen's account in case I need to track her returning. She appears to have accessed as unregistered through a Google route in LA but she does not have access to her account.

The unregistered IP that was used today has now been blocked. I get the feeling she wanted to take a last swipe. That is one member we don't need here.
Oh you guys do a great job here. I was just curious how it works
CraftyMom 11:38 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
OP....glad to hear you changed the diaper, totally the right thing to do! It's a health concern ad well as a respect issue.
Hahaha, I guess I forgot the post was about changing a diaper to begin with

I had to go back and read how it got this far, from a poopy diaper to someone getting herself banned...must be the Friday the 13th full moon already having an affect on people
NeedaVaca 12:13 PM 06-12-2014

As to the other nonsense.....
Way to go Michael! Your platform is fine and your forum is much appreciated.

Btw, I don't know about y'all, but the.Queen of the Playground's profile picture of the kid picking his nose made we want to vomit every time I saw it, to the point I had to scroll past every response from her. Nasty. And rude.
Ha, I posted in the private venting thread about that nose picking picture a week or 2 ago! It was a day she was posting some really rude comments to BC and I was so irritated about it! I wasn't sure if anyone would figure out what I really meant
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 06-12-2014
Ha, I posted in the private venting thread about that nose picking picture a week or 2 ago! It was a day she was posting some really rude comments to BC and I was so irritated about it! I wasn't sure if anyone would figure out what I really meant
I knew exactly what you meant.

I even responded to you.
Michael 12:21 PM 06-12-2014
Just wondering if you think (or know) if the unregistered douchebag comment was her as well?
Today's IP for the unregistered comment was from LA. I did an IP check of Queen's access and sure enough, today she accessed through LA. I blocked her. Her cookies have finally cleared and her green light has gone dark.

The doors are now locked for Queen, the front gate is locked and now the helicopters are hovering overhead. If she really wants to continue we can bring out the tanks.
NeedaVaca 12:22 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I knew exactly what you meant.

I even responded to you.
I saw that and figured you "got" it lol
NightOwl 12:31 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by michael:
today's ip for the unregistered comment was from la. I did an ip check of queen's access and sure enough, today she accessed through la. I blocked her. Her cookies have finally cleared and her green light has gone dark.

The doors are now locked for queen, the front gate is locked and now the helicopters are hovering overhead. If she really wants to continue we can bring out the tanks.

Lolololololol
Heidi 12:46 PM 06-12-2014
Today's IP for the unregistered comment was from LA. I did an IP check of Queen's access and sure enough, today she accessed through LA. I blocked her. Her cookies have finally cleared and her green light has gone dark.

The doors are now locked for Queen, the front gate is locked and now the helicopters are hovering overhead. If she really wants to continue we can bring out the tanks.

Thank you, Michael!
craftymissbeth 01:08 PM 06-12-2014

I don't know how IP's work, but how do you access an LA (Los Angeles or Louisiana?) IP when you live in Germany? I'm just curious how that works. Like do our computers keep the same IP forever? I thought it was based on the internet you're using or something
Michael 01:34 PM 06-12-2014
I don't know how IP's work, but how do you access an LA (Los Angeles or Louisiana?) IP when you live in Germany? I'm just curious how that works. Like do our computers keep the same IP forever? I thought it was based on the internet you're using or something
All good questions. LA in this case means Los Angeles. Your IP occasionally changes depending on when your provider updates your modem or service. Daycare.com is on a permanent IP (static IP) that I own unless I want to change it. Try typing 66.161.7.83 in your browser's address bar. That is the number I gave to Daycare.com. Your computer is a Dynamic IP since it routinely changes.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/dynamic-static

You could actually use your desktop as a server if you ask your provider for a static IP address. They will assign you one(it costs more) and you could then buy a domain name and run your website/business from your computer.

If The Queen uses a dial-up to access the internet, she could login anywhere in the world that gives her dialup access. She could also use GoToMyPC and access another computer anywhere in the world to access the forum in order to get around her German computer that we blocked. There are many ways to enter the internet. Most of us see it as a program. I see it as a virtual place where I've created things and other personas. Kind of like having control over your dreams. I like going there.
NightOwl 01:37 PM 06-12-2014
28 day cycle! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Blackcat31 01:39 PM 06-12-2014
28 day cycle! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
It is a well known and common occurrence around here..

Just type in 28 day cycle in the search tab.

You will get this: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=28+day+cycle
Kabob 01:51 PM 06-12-2014
Uh so...I originally was gonna reply to the question asked with: I'm required to change any child immediately when they soil their diaper. Not fun when it happens at nap time so I try to allow the late poopers time between lunch and nap to poop...but I don't want to risk a rash or risk them being uncomfortable. But it sounds like that question was answered.

I guess I missed out on all sorts of fun while I've been on maternity leave. Goodness!

I have to add that I would've been miserable this past year had I not had the advice and support of all the people here. Heck, I don't know if I still would be doing this if it wasn't for this forum
craftymissbeth 01:53 PM 06-12-2014
Michael, thank you for explaining that. I'm pretty computer literate I've just never really needed to learn about IP's
Michael 01:55 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I have to add that I would've been miserable this past year had I not had the advice and support of all the people here. Heck, I don't know if I still would be doing this if it wasn't for this forum
Thanks, that's a nice "shout out"!
spud912 02:01 PM 06-12-2014
I'm still laughing at "Queen of the Playground" versus "King of the Castle"

I have to sheepishly admit that I always read the drama-threads with much interest....but make sure to never respond or get involved in any way .
saved4always 02:10 PM 06-12-2014
Wow. Just read this all today. That got a little intense.

I just wanted to say for myself: thank you, Michael, for providing this forum and all the work you do on it so that daycare providers and parents have an awesome place to connect, share information and vent when needed. This forum has answered so many questions for me in the past and helped me know I wasn't alone when I had issues. I don't understand how someone could have been so hateful and mean spirited. Obviously she is in the minority!!!!
MarinaVanessa 03:07 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for this forum. This forum was a place where I could go to ask for ideas and get suggestions for daycare related things from people that were in the nitty gritty. I couldn't talk to anyone else about these things because no one could relate.

Because of this forum and the gratitude and self-confidence that I got from being a member here I joined and became active in our local child care association. I felt a need to pay it forward and shared a lot of what I learned here with other ladies. Ultimately I was later nominated for a chair on the board and now I sit in the VC chair. I wholeheartedly believe that if I had not joined this forum I would not have been met with that opportunity.

At one time I even went through a rough time with my DH and although that subject wasn't daycare related I received and felt the support and encouragement from ladies that had never met me yet shared in a special camaraderie. I didn't listen at first but I revisit those posts from time to time and reread them to remind myself that sometimes it takes someone standing on the outside to help with what's broken on the inside.

It doesn't matter to me what the forum looks like or the type of technology it uses because what's important are the members that are here willing to share their experiences with the rest of us. Even if I don't respond to posts this forum is the first thing that I read when I get up in the morning and the last thing I read when I go to bed at night. I'm glad it's here and I'll keep coming back regardless of opinionated queens or not
NightOwl 03:15 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
I'm still laughing at "Queen of the Playground" versus "King of the Castle"

I have to sheepishly admit that I always read the drama-threads with much interest....but make sure to never respond or get involved in any way .
Good lord, I must be off my game today. I didn't put 2 and 2 together on that one until you said it! And now it's even funnier!!
NightOwl 03:23 PM 06-12-2014
For the record, Michael, I came here because the total isolation was getting to me. I was not used to having no adults around. I have found so much solace, comfort, and comraderie here. This forum has truly been a life saver. I have noticed a change in my attitude, a decrease in my anxiety, a pep in my step that I had lost when I started working from home. So my gratitude for all that you do, and for all the providers here, is absolutely boundless! You do us all a great service by maintaining this forum.
MarinaVanessa 03:24 PM 06-12-2014
Good lord, I must be off my game today. I didn't put 2 and 2 together on that one until you said it! And now it's even funnier!!
Ooooooooh, I totally get it now

I'm a little slow today apparently
Sugar Magnolia 03:34 PM 06-12-2014

Gah! I thought so! The nerve of some people. Sad, but not shocking she would return for a final jab. Again, we all appreciate your forum and all you do, Michael. And BC.

Tanks.......
Michael 03:45 PM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Even if I don't respond to posts this forum is the first thing that I read when I get up in the morning and the last thing I read when I go to bed at night. I'm glad it's here and I'll keep coming back regardless of opinionated queens or not
Wow, just wow. That means a lot.

For the record, Michael, I came here because the total isolation was getting to me. I was not used to having no adults around. I have found so much solace, comfort, and comraderie here. This forum has truly been a life saver. I have noticed a change in my attitude, a decrease in my anxiety, a pep in my step that I had lost when I started working from home. So my gratitude for all that you do, and for all the providers here, is absolutely boundless! You do us all a great service by maintaining this forum.
Thank you

Gah! I thought so! The nerve of some people. Sad, but not shocking she would return for a final jab. Again, we all appreciate your forum and all you do, Michael. And BC.

Tanks.......
Yeah that's the boy in me.

Originally Posted by saved4always:
Wow. Just read this all today. That got a little intense.

I just wanted to say for myself: thank you, Michael, for providing this forum and all the work you do on it so that daycare providers and parents have an awesome place to connect, share information and vent when needed. This forum has answered so many questions for me in the past and helped me know I wasn't alone when I had issues. I don't understand how someone could have been so hateful and mean spirited. Obviously she is in the minority!!!!
Thanks everyone!
Luna 07:02 AM 06-13-2014
Applause and Thank you!
And to the OP,
I wouldn't leave a dirty bum either. I'd worry about a rash.
sally 07:23 AM 06-13-2014
This forum and everyone here is a Godsend to me. Without the advice I get on my own problems, the advice I read from others problems and just being able to vent sometimes, I would have lost my sanity a long time ago.
Unregistered 11:03 PM 06-13-2014
Just have to say that this forum's format is so easy to use and read. I've been on others and they are a pain in the butt to read. Some are child care related some are on other topics.

I was surprised to even read a reference to it being out of date.

I am also on a crafting forum a lot that uses this exact format. Never could find a better one to join. Same goes for DC.com! It's the BEST.

It's been interesting learning more about the behind the scenes operation of the site. Too bad QOTP comments is why it was discussed.

Keep up the good work Michael and mods!

P.S. I am a member, but I can't find my password. I am out of child care now, but work for a family agency that serves families with children birth-5 yrs. and I get lots of good info and ideas here. I also love to hear how everyone is doing. Young children and quality childcare is very near and dear to my heart.

You all rock!
kitykids3 11:31 PM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for this forum. This forum was a place where I could go to ask for ideas and get suggestions for daycare related things from people that were in the nitty gritty. I couldn't talk to anyone else about these things because no one could relate.

It doesn't matter to me what the forum looks like or the type of technology it uses because what's important are the members that are here willing to share their experiences with the rest of us. Even if I don't respond to posts this forum is the first thing that I read when I get up in the morning and the last thing I read when I go to bed at night. I'm glad it's here and I'll keep coming back regardless of opinionated queens or not
Ditto!!
Michael 02:34 AM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just have to say that this forum's format is so easy to use and read. I've been on others and they are a pain in the butt to read. Some are child care related some are on other topics.

I was surprised to even read a reference to it being out of date.

I am also on a crafting forum a lot that uses this exact format. Never could find a better one to join. Same goes for DC.com! It's the BEST.

It's been interesting learning more about the behind the scenes operation of the site. Too bad QOTP comments is why it was discussed.

Keep up the good work Michael and mods!

P.S. I am a member, but I can't find my password. I am out of child care now, but work for a family agency that serves families with children birth-5 yrs. and I get lots of good info and ideas here. I also love to hear how everyone is doing. Young children and quality childcare is very near and dear to my heart.

You all rock!
Thanks. Can you send me what your username and email were in your account? Email it to director@daycare.com

Maybe I can reactivate it for you.
daycare 08:13 AM 06-14-2014
WOW! one day I can't get on and look what I missed.

Everything happens for a reason.
NightOwl 10:12 AM 06-15-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
WOW! one day I can't get on and look what I missed.

Everything happens for a reason.
Yeah, you can't blink around here or you'll miss something! And sometimes, that's a good thing. Lol
Tags:28 day cycle, how to get banned, king of the castle
Reply Up