Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! Parent May Have Been in Contact with Coronavirus!
MomBoss 05:10 AM 03-12-2020
Yesterday while my sub was watching the kids at pickup, a parent informed her that her husband job was shutting down for 2 weeks because a person that has tested positive for coronavirus was in the building at some point.
Im going to ask if he was in contact with this person but if he doesnt know, what do i do?! Should the child stay home for 2 weeks as well?!
Ac114 05:23 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Yesterday while my sub was watching the kids at pickup, a parent informed her that her husband job was shutting down for 2 weeks because a person that has tested positive for coronavirus was in the building at some point.
Im going to ask if he was in contact with this person but if he doesnt know, what do i do?! Should the child stay home for 2 weeks as well?!
I would personally exclude the child because my son has asthma and my husband has an autoimmune disease so they are at a greater risk. My hubs was hospitalized with the flu just 2 years ago and my son was down for over a week with the flu this year so I would not take any chances.
Cat Herder 05:30 AM 03-12-2020
What instruction was given to the DCD from his employer and public health?
Ariana 06:02 AM 03-12-2020
If the dad is home not working then yes I would.
Unregistered 06:10 AM 03-12-2020
If the dad’s work is shut down then he should be home or at least working from home. I would suggest the child stays home with him, until his work is reopened. Explain you need to use the same exposure precautions as his company is doing.
Valerie928 06:14 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If the dad’s work is shut down then he should be home or at least working from home. I would suggest the child stays home with him, until his work is reopened. Explain you need to use the same exposure precautions as his company is doing.
I would exclude the child for 2 weeks. Your family comes first. My own kiddo has asthma too. I will exclude if I have to. Also, my illness policy just went to ZERO illness. Not even a runny nose will step foot in here.
MomBoss 06:15 AM 03-12-2020
Ok I got an update from the mom: His job has 3 campuses and the person who tested positive was not at his campus but the company is having everyone work from home for 2 weeks as a precaution.
Tags:coronavirus, covid-19, exclusion policy
Reply Up