Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Winter Wear For Kids?
LaLa1923 07:35 PM 11-04-2013
I'm looking for easy on winter wear for kids. I'm thinking about buying snow pants so they can play outside and keep warm. Also, if it rains they will stay dry.

What does everyone here do?

What do you do about gloves and hats?

Thank you!!
coolconfidentme 07:42 PM 11-04-2013
I post a note on CheckInKids reminding parents to dress children appropriately for outdoor play time. When they don't I ask them "Where are Johnny's gloves? He was the only one without them today?" Sometimes it works, sometimes Johnny has to keep his hands in his pockets.
Cradle2crayons 07:45 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I'm looking for easy on winter wear for kids. I'm thinking about buying snow pants so they can play outside and keep warm. Also, if it rains they will stay dry.

What does everyone here do?

What do you do about gloves and hats?

Thank you!!
I buy coveralls for very cold days. I have a set for every child except the infants. They usually fit multiple sizes also. These have a hood and hen all they need are gloves. I have the parents just put t shirts and light pants on for inside then I can just slip the coveralls on over their lighter clothes. Literally just takes a minute.

This is sort of like what I have for them. But I don't usually buy camo. I just buy the insulated coveralls. My son has a pair like this that the top is make like an overall bib and he just wears a heavy coat over it.

Here hey just call them coveralls instead of snow suits. Lol.
LaLa1923 07:49 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I buy coveralls for very cold days. I have a set for every child except the infants. They usually fit multiple sizes also. These have a hood and hen all they need are gloves. I have the parents just put t shirts and light pants on for inside then I can just slip the coveralls on over their lighter clothes. Literally just takes a minute.

This is sort of like what I have for them. But I don't usually buy camo. I just buy the insulated coveralls. My son has a pair like this that the top is make like an overall bib and he just wears a heavy coat over it.

Here hey just call them coveralls instead of snow suits. Lol.
I was thinking about getting these....

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=922404002
LaLa1923 07:50 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I post a note on CheckInKids reminding parents to dress children appropriately for outdoor play time. When they don't I ask them "Where are Johnny's gloves? He was the only one without them today?" Sometimes it works, sometimes Johnny has to keep his hands in his pockets.
I prefer to supply winter wear, that way I don't have to worry about not getting it....kwim??
Cradle2crayons 08:04 PM 11-04-2013

Those look great and very warm!! And a great price!!!
cheerfuldom 08:20 PM 11-04-2013
I provide snow pants, boots, waterproof gloves and hats. I have a large collection and just shop second hand and collect what i need over the years. The parents provide a winter coat that is waterproof. If I have an infant in care, I provide a snow bunting for stroller walks. That said, my group is never larger than 8 kids including my kids so I dont have a huge group to supply plus some of my kids are part timers so its rare that i have to put gear on more than four or five. None of my items go home with the daycare kids though. If they are cold and come without something, that is the way they get sent home.
SunnyDay 03:10 PM 11-05-2013

If it snows where you are, I recommend getting the bib style, like these:
http://www.carters.com/096547452969.html

When you just have pants, snow has a way of getting between the coat and pants and getting their back & stomach cold.
hgonzalez 03:22 PM 11-05-2013
I have bought a variety of snow pants for the kids to wear in the snow while at my daycare home. I started doing this three years ago when I could not get my families to bring their own on a daily basis.

The only problem is that if we are outside at the end of the day, and they go home with them, they sometimes don't come back with them the next day.

I do require my families to provide everything else, and I can tell it's going to be an issue this year, as I have still not had a single day where everyone has appropriate hats and mittens.

Uggghhh....going to be a long winter!
misslori50 09:30 AM 11-06-2013
Second hand. Dont buy new.
Tags:winter cloths
Reply Up