Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Cries Out Every 15 Mins
hgonzalez 11:08 AM 12-09-2013
I have a 4 month old here who NEVER sleeps soundly. Every 15 mins or so, she cries out for a minute or so then goes back to sleep. She never seems to sleep very soundly here. I have asked the parents what she sleeps in at home, and have gotten a variety of answers (LOL). She has been here about 5 weeks, so she should have adjusted to the PNP by now, dontcha think?

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing here to wake up and cry out like that?
Cradle2crayons 11:16 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:
I have a 4 month old here who NEVER sleeps soundly. Every 15 mins or so, she cries out for a minute or so then goes back to sleep. She never seems to sleep very soundly here. I have asked the parents what she sleeps in at home, and have gotten a variety of answers (LOL). She has been here about 5 weeks, so she should have adjusted to the PNP by now, dontcha think?

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing here to wake up and cry out like that?
Reflux?
Daycaregranny 11:21 AM 12-09-2013
Breast fed?
melilley 11:21 AM 12-09-2013
Does she startle in her sleep? I've had a few infants to that and they would wake up and then go right back to sleep.
hgonzalez 11:35 AM 12-09-2013
She is breastfed. She might be startling, I have stood outside the door and watched her and it doesn't appear to be that, but not sure. She just cries out, doesn't open her eyes.

She seems fine in all other areas.
Great Beginnings 11:46 AM 12-09-2013
If she's breastfed she may not have a full enough tummy.

Also, could there be a draft in the room or could it be warmer than she's used to?
Daycaregranny 09:34 PM 12-09-2013
The reason I asked if the baby was breast fed was because I ran into this very same situation. It has forever changed the way I communicate with my parents. What happened was the same as you described, about every 15 min or so the baby would fuss she was miserable and so were we. Then I talked with mom. The parents never introduced a bottle to the baby!!!! So the poor thing was fed, dropped off and then when it got hungry we put this weird thing called a bottle in its face. The baby did drink but not enough to be satisfied. I mean holy crap, what's wrong with people. Why would you ONLY breast feed and then take your child to daycare? Since then I am very clear to all my new parents that they are to do at least every third feeding from a bottle until the time their baby comes to daycare. It's not fair to the babies or to us. Some people just don't think it's an issue, or they try it once and say ok they drank from a bottle it all good and just breast feed. I would talk with the parents and find out what they do at home.
Reply Up