Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing My User Name??
DancingQueen 03:57 AM 11-05-2010
Do I have the ability to do that? I don't like the fact that it is too close to my email address associated with my daycare.

I really would hate for my parents to come here and read this stuff. Not that I'm out of line or rude at all - but I just never thought about it until now.
QualiTcare 06:53 AM 11-05-2010
you should PM michael. i'm sure you could create a new name, but your old messages with this name would still show up. he might be able to do something for u though.
JJPlaycare 07:07 AM 11-05-2010
LOL I have been thinking the same thing and would like to change mine as well!
DanceMom 07:13 AM 11-05-2010
I PM'd Michael and changed mine...I didnt want parents to find me on here complaining about them
Former Teacher 08:10 AM 11-05-2010
This is why I totally picked my screen name different from what I use for my other online sites. I didn't want people finding me

If you type in your screen name for anything (like on Google), BOOM! all your posts that you did will show up.

This is why I was stunned to see in one of the older threads about everyone listing their website. Even if you have no personal information on there or anywhere, believe me, if someone wants to find you, they will. I should know. I found my sister after almost 25 years.
DaycareMama 08:23 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
If you type in your screen name for anything (like on Google), BOOM! all your posts that you did will show up.
I am no dummy but I never thought about this (as far things like this forum) Just tried it and sure enough..... your right! Very good to know. I feel alittle to "new" here to say some of the things I feel about doing daycare (stress, emotions, concerns..Without you all thinking im totally nuts!! ) god for bid a parent saw and linked it back to me!
Former Teacher 08:45 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I am no dummy but I never thought about this (as far things like this forum) Just tried it and sure enough..... your right! Very good to know. I feel alittle to "new" here to say some of the things I feel about doing daycare (stress, emotions, concerns..Without you all thinking im totally nuts!! ) god for bid a parent saw and linked it back to me!
Oh I know! I like to search my name and other people I know. You wouldn't believe the things you can find out! That's how I found out about the screen names. I have one screen name for everything: forums, emails, blogs etc...and one day I typed in THAT screen name and I was OMG!

Needless to say: that is why I came up with something totally different for this forum haha.

As far as going nuts: hey that's what this forum is for lol. Years ago I had some a$$ that was trying to "threaten" me online (long story)...and he asked me if I was scared of him. I said nope, I take care of children, nothing scares me
misol 09:20 AM 11-05-2010
Well ladies, this very thing happened to me less than 2 months ago. One of my parents found me on here and saw the things that I posted about her children. I was so embarrassed and felt totally unprofessional. It was messy but we were able to talk it out and salvage our relationship.

I thought I was taking all of the necessary precautions by not using my real name or daycare name as a screen name, not linking to my website, not identifying my state, etc. but that wasn't enough. She still found me.

The admin offered to change my screen name but since all of my previous threads/posts would still be associated, I didn't see the point. I still use my same screen name but now I just choose my words very differently when I post since I know at least one of my parents knows it's me. Kind of keeps me from saying what I really want to say sometimes but hey, it is what it is. Now, whenever I have something unpopular, controversial, or child specific to post I just log out and post as anonymous.

Good luck to all of you in your quests for anonymity. If changing your screen name or re-registering altogether is what it takes to accomplish that then go for it. You have to do what you have to do to protect your businesses and your professional reputations.
Michael 12:44 PM 11-05-2010
I changed several today. Also, I suggest you NEVER use your email address as a username.
laundrymom 01:39 PM 11-05-2010
I used my,.. 'online' email,.. not my billing or private one,.. but still. lol you never know.

Originally Posted by Michael:
I changed several today. Also, I suggest you NEVER use your email address as a username.

Abigail 12:16 AM 11-06-2010
I don't use the same name for everything, but you can find me because of my pictures. I've got my cats on yahoo, facebook, youtube, here. It's not just the name, but the image too. I don't have anything published that could make me feel bad (at least I don't think), but it's always GOOD TO KNOW, right!

Now that I mentioned a few other sites, do you ever "Friend" daycare parents on FB? I have people I babysat for, then after awhile realized I complained about this or that on FB...not about kids, just stuff in general, and then felt stupid wondering who read it. LOL. I don't think I will have an active FB account when I do open my business. I will have a new email address for business only and maybe associate that email with a FB for the sole purpose of daycare related things. IDK
Tags:facebook, username
Reply Up