Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Page= Anxiety
Sereetta 07:34 AM 06-18-2013
Is it just me or does anyone feel a little overwhelmed by posting information on Facebook. I don't want to stop posting because I've received business inquires based upon the page, but its just too much posting all the time. What's your system to keep your page up to date and interesting?

If you want you can check out my page to see what I'm currently doing and if you have any suggestions I'm open!!! Thanks in advance
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Might...iors-Childcare
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 06-18-2013
I am really hesitant to use Facebook at all. I honestly think it is kind of dumb but I DO see some reasons why it could be useful in certain situations.

Your link says the page is missing, broken or unavailable so there is nothing there when I click in it.
makap 07:49 AM 06-18-2013
I think this is it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Might...640780?fref=ts

I am looking at it now! I think it is great so far from what I see. I will check it out at naptime.
Sereetta 07:51 AM 06-18-2013
Here it is!

Sereetta 07:51 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by makap:
I think this is it!

I am looking at it now! I think it is great so far from what I see. I will check it out at naptime.

Thanks Makap
Unregistered 07:54 AM 06-18-2013
Your facebook page is wonderful and am bookmarking it!

Keep up the great work!
Sereetta 07:56 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am really hesitant to use Facebook at all. I honestly think it is kind of dumb but I DO see some reasons why it could be useful in certain situations.

Your link says the page is missing, broken or unavailable so there is nothing there when I click in it.
I understand both feeling Blackcat but for me its necessary because my daycare is a special needs childcare and I get many donations so I like to update people on what's going on and the most convenient way is Facebook. I tried newsletters, etc and they are just time consuming. Plus many of my families are younger parents and they utilize social media and refer people to me using social media.
Unregistered 07:56 AM 06-18-2013
Do you also have a blog? If so, would you mind sharing the name-would love to see how you received all those goodies for free!!!!!!!!!
Sereetta 07:59 AM 06-18-2013
I haven't posted that story yet on the blog but its coming!!!! LOL
My blog is http://retashistory.wordpress.com and I will post it on the daycare's website as well www.mightywarriorscenter.com

I'm trying to get it all together by the end of this week.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by Sereetta:
Here it is!

Now I see it!

Beautiful page!! I really like it!
LK5kids 08:03 AM 06-18-2013
I just post two or three times per week.....I just post some of our meals, a special activity,or some of our art activities. It just gets the word out there for me, keeps me on people's radar etc.

I live in a small town, so I get lots of word of mouth references. I haven't gotten families directly from fb, but I have had another provider contact me a few times to see if I have openings, and she uses fb to contact me.

For me is it crutial? No, I don't think I really need it for advertisement. It's fun when people in the community see my posts and comment on fb or when I see them they comment directly to me.

Since this is such an isolating profession it makes me feel a bit more connected with the outside world. When parents are inquiring I have told them they can go to my fb page and see a little of what we are about.

Your fb page looks great! I have to go check out your blog! Now a blog would be lots of work!

It is also nice for parents of current kids to check out my page. I do not Photogragh kids directly. I am not comfortable putting kid's photos on the Internet. I just photograph their hands on something, over the top of their head, etc. that honestly takes a bit more work!

We have to keep a portfolio on each child, so I am documenting with photos all the time any way. I think it's nice to have those photos but it is one more thing to do in an already really busy day!
Unregistered 08:09 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by Sereetta:
I haven't posted that story yet on the blog but its coming!!!! LOL
My blog is http://retashistory.wordpress.com and I will post it on the daycare's website as well www.mightywarriorscenter.com

I'm trying to get it all together by the end of this week.
Thank you-
blandino 08:11 AM 06-18-2013
Some days I post twice a day, other times I don't post for a week. I don't post actual pictures of the kids - so most of it is just for fun.

I just hope all my parents realize that I am busy doing other things.
MarinaVanessa 08:47 AM 06-18-2013
I think what you are doing is fine. You don't have a lot of personal information, pictures of the kids faces or kids personal info and your links are to interesting opportunities and/or stories so that's great. I post when I have a chance and if I have special news to share. Sometimes it can be several times a day but usually it's only once every 2 weeks or so.

The only details that I would personally work on if it were my FB page (and I'm being extremely picky here) is to make your Logo to your FB page bigger by adding more white space to the left and right side of it so that it doesn't get cut off. Right now when I see it I only see the clipart part of the logo and the text reads "ghty warrio" and "aycare". If it doesn't bother you that much then don't worry about it . Oh and deffinetely think about creating/adding a clipart/photo as a cover photo (the really long photo that runs across the top of the page like a banner) to pull it more together. Something bright and cheerful to represent your daycare in that space can really draw people in. The space is there, you may think about using it.

I noticed that a couple of photos are added sideways and that has always been an eye sore for me. If I could suggest that all photos that you upload be properly orientated it will make it look more professional and easier on the eyes (so that people don't have to tilt their heads to see the photos).

And like I said, these are small details ... otherwise your page looks GREAT! Just take mu suggestions as creative criticism
Sereetta 09:44 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I think what you are doing is fine. You don't have a lot of personal information, pictures of the kids faces or kids personal info and your links are to interesting opportunities and/or stories so that's great. I post when I have a chance and if I have special news to share. Sometimes it can be several times a day but usually it's only once every 2 weeks or so.

The only details that I would personally work on if it were my FB page (and I'm being extremely picky here) is to make your Logo to your FB page bigger by adding more white space to the left and right side of it so that it doesn't get cut off. Right now when I see it I only see the clipart part of the logo and the text reads "ghty warrio" and "aycare". If it doesn't bother you that much then don't worry about it . Oh and deffinetely think about creating/adding a clipart/photo as a cover photo (the really long photo that runs across the top of the page like a banner) to pull it more together. Something bright and cheerful to represent your daycare in that space can really draw people in. The space is there, you may think about using it.

I noticed that a couple of photos are added sideways and that has always been an eye sore for me. If I could suggest that all photos that you upload be properly orientated it will make it look more professional and easier on the eyes (so that people don't have to tilt their heads to see the photos).

And like I said, these are small details ... otherwise your page looks GREAT! Just take mu suggestions as creative criticism
Thanks MarinaVanessa I have been trying to figure out how to fix that picture. I paid for the logo so I have to figure it out or contact the company. Love the suggestions and I've already implemented them! You guys are the greatest!
Sugar Magnolia 10:10 AM 06-18-2013
I use my smart phone to post pictures. I take pics in the morning to show what activities we did and upload them during nap. I think parents really enjoy daily pictures.
Brooksie 12:49 PM 06-18-2013
I think FB is my best advertisement and my parents LOVE seeing what the kids are doing all day. Heck I am constantly getting comments and likes and exposure from our FB:: www.facebook.com/wherechildrengrow To keep up with it I use the Page Manager App on my android and can very quickly snap and share a picture of an activity. I also have a habit of making pic collages of what we've done throughout the day, instead of posting all the pics individually and everyone loves that. Every once and a while I'll share some quotes or information about trainings in the area and I always have excellent response. I think my page is up to 160+ likes and I'm really happy with it. Good luck!
crazydaycarelady 12:56 PM 06-18-2013
I used to put down the menu each day but it got to be too much posting daily. Now I just put pictures, random reminders, things going on around town for kids. If I miss a few days no biggie. The parents LOVE seeing the pictures and a lot of the grandparents do to.
SilverSabre25 12:59 PM 06-18-2013
Ditto the smartphone. uploading pics is fabulously easy with a smartphone. I need to utilize my FB page more. It keeps me accountable

though some days I don't WANT to share what we ate for meals...like today, when it's become "clean out the fridge and cupboards" week, and we are having some odd combinations (that are still healthy and still hit the food groups! but I'm glad I'm not on the food program...). The kids are eating REALLY well so they don't mind. But some parents might raise eyebrows at them.
Sereetta 01:14 PM 06-18-2013
Thanks everybody! I have to app and I will just have to utilize to more rather than downloading pics from my camera and editing... As long as the kids love it and I can say to people check out your page and see how we operate I think its a worth while investment!
Thanks again guys and I love everyones pages.
originalkat 01:46 PM 06-18-2013
Hi all! Thanks for sharing your facebook pages. I have a blog www.greengatepreschool.blogspot.com, but I do not have a facebook page for my business. After looking at all of your wonderful sites I think I just might! I have a facebook app on my smartphone so it would be simple to post the pics regularly.

How do you go about making a business page if you already have a personal one. Then do you have it private or public?
MsLaura529 02:35 PM 06-18-2013
I agree that the pages mangers app on my smartphone helps a lot! I've actually gotten one (of my 2) families through my facebook page, so I feel it's pretty important to me. And the parents love seeing the pictures of the different things we're doing. I don't post every day ... maybe once or twice a week.
Little Star75 05:08 PM 06-18-2013
I post a lot of pictures and at one point I used to post daily announcements. Now since I don't have a full daycare I only post if there's something going on like a field trip or say something about the children.
I'm actually scared to even post stuff on their now since that was one of the reasons why I got cited. nothing bad btw but some for sure some info they were looking for.
Sereetta 05:41 PM 06-18-2013
What state are you in? I hope my state doesn't get cited!!!!
Tags:advertising ideas, facebook, facebook page, page
Reply Up