Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

Question If You Decide To No Longer Accept State Assistance

If you choose to no longer accept state assistance do you have to let the state know? I only have two clients on state assistance but no longer feel the need to accept state assistance.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Not really crazy

If you choose to no longer take state assistance families I think the best course is to not let anybody know, just quietly don't accept those families anymore.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I can accept vouchers. But just because I can doesn't mean I have to. And I agree with pp. just don't accept them.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Default Thanks

Ok thank you very much. I already took it out of my ads so that will help. I will just quietly no longer take those families.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady View Post
If you choose to no longer take state assistance families I think the best course is to not let anybody know, just quietly don't accept those families anymore.
This. It could be considered discrimination so be very careful about stating publicly that you don't accept state pay.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
This. It could be considered discrimination so be very careful about stating publicly that you don't accept state pay.
In my state, when you go 6 months without a child on state assistance, they take your daycare off the list and you have to resign up to take a state kid again! I don't advertise that I do not take state assistance.....I have had too many bad experiences with the program, not pay, the main office trying to dictate my contract and how I choose to be paid....
Old 12-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Default how to break it gently to the parents

How do you tell your current families who are on assistance that you are no longer accepting state pay?? I only have two families on assistance.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Not really crazy

It's probably best to just finish out with those families.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you tell your current families who are on assistance that you are no longer accepting state pay?? I only have two families on assistance.
Dear DCF

Beginning on xx 2014, ABC Child Care will no longer be accepting payments via the state assistance program.

If your family participates with the state's assistance program, you are welcome to continue attending but must make payments directly to the provider in the form of check or cash.

If this change does not allow you to continue attending ABC Child Care, please submit your written notice of withdrawal a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the above date.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Daycare Provider
Old 12-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
In my state, when you go 6 months without a child on state assistance, they take your daycare off the list and you have to resign up to take a state kid again! I don't advertise that I do not take state assistance.....I have had too many bad experiences with the program, not pay, the main office trying to dictate my contract and how I choose to be paid....
See I never even got that far... the 2 clients I had that wanted to use vouchers never went thru with their end of the process ( Blount Co) so I told the state I was not taking anyone else; being licensed exempt also made pay lower. The only place I state I don't take state pay is on my FAQ page - "The state of TN has rules in place that do not work with my particular business model and as such, I prefer to stay private at this time".

Tags
None