Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:08 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default California Providers/Mamaroo

Hello everyone. I have an infant starting on Monday. Sheís a sibling of a child I already have in care. The mom wants to bring her a mamaroo. Which is a swing/bouncer. I know we are allowed a swing but not a bouncer. Iíve called licensing and the receptionist couldnít answer my question and transferred me to my analyst. Unfortunately his voicemail is full. So I called back and got transferred to the sacramento office. But Iím on hold still. So I figured maybe someone on here would be able to answer for me. Thanks so much .
Old 09-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Who is your analyst?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

I wouldnít call it a bouncer at all when you talk to them. It looks nothing like one, and doesnít function like one. Itís an infant seat/swing that swings from the bottom instead of hanging from the top.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

I honestly donít think youíll get much use out of it. It puts babies to sleep fast, then youíll have to move her to a. Bed...
Old 09-11-2018, 07:15 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
Who is your analyst?
Regee I believe
Old 09-11-2018, 07:22 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwichlaz View Post
I honestly donít think youíll get much use out of it. It puts babies to sleep fast, then youíll have to move her to a. Bed...
Iíve spoken to mom and she admitted thatís how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly 🙄🤦*♀️ I have told all my pregnant moms numerous times that their babies must be bottle trained and sleeping on their backs. I have three moms who gave birth and one more pregnant. So far only one has listened to me regarding bottle training and sleeping baby on the back . Ugh 😑
Old 09-11-2018, 07:25 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree View Post
I’ve spoken to mom and she admitted that’s how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly
I would be looking for the camera and Ashton. Surely you have been punked. This is not the 80's. They teach this stuff in the high schools, now.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree View Post
Iíve spoken to mom and she admitted thatís how they put her to sleep. I told her i would have to move her to a playpen. And she tells me oh , well she sleeps on her belly 🙄🤦*♀️ I have told all my pregnant moms numerous times that their babies must be bottle trained and sleeping on their backs. I have three moms who gave birth and one more pregnant. So far only one has listened to me regarding bottle training and sleeping baby on the back . Ugh 😑
They must not be serious about needing child care services then.
I too, tell/educate/inform my pregnant and potential new families with infants what I can and cannot accept in care.

If they don't do their part (bottle/sleep training) I can not and will not do my part.....and I enforce every.single.time.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't allow the parents to bring furniture type items. If i feel that a child needs it, I provide it. If momma wants baby in a Mamaroo, she can do it on her own time - as long as baby can still go to sleep on her back in the crib/PnPlay.

I truly think that some of these instances are examples of moms who would like to be SAHMs and are setting their child up for failure at daycare. They want to be able to say "My child needs me at home" so that they have an excuse to quit their job.

Tags
confinement equipment, infant care, mamaroo, positional asphyxia, positional asphyxiation, siblings, willful ignorance