Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"I Love You"
Unregistered 05:10 PM 11-25-2014
How do you respond when day care children say "I love you"? How do your own children respond?
Unregistered 05:27 PM 11-25-2014
I always respond to a little kid with an I love you too! They may not know the true meaning if it but they have taken time to show me kindness and I do so in return, rather I truly mean it or not I never consider, I simply respond with a smile and an I love you too
sahm1225 06:32 PM 11-25-2014
I just say "I love you too!"
AmyKidsCo 07:01 PM 11-25-2014
"I love you too!"

My own children have never had a problem with my saying "I love you" to the DCK.
Unregistered 08:52 PM 11-25-2014
" I love you " is huge here right now
I am told "I love you" all the time
and yes I say "I love you too" and their name ...we even make it fun
I say the word LOVE is a wonderfull word, makes us feel all warm and fuzzy in side
and personaly I think the world needs more love !!
Unregistered 09:57 PM 11-25-2014
How can you respond with anything but an "I love you too"?
" you're a nice kid Johnny but I just don't feel the same"
DaveA 03:33 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't tell DCKs I Love You. I smile, give them a hug and tell them "Thank You- that means SOOOO much to have a such a great friend. "
NeedaVaca 04:01 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I don't tell DCKs I Love You. I smile, give them a hug and tell them "Thank You- that means SOOOO much to have a such a great friend. "
Same here. I say awww you are So sweet! I love that you like to come here and play!
Heidi 04:56 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
"I love you too!"

My own children have never had a problem with my saying "I love you" to the DCK.

My own children are 24, 22, 17, and 14. The two at home get lot's of lovin' from my dck's. The one little boy idolizes my 14 year old son (which is cool, since he's my youngest and has never had that experience), and they all start yelling "MAX!" the minute they see my 17 year old from his loft bdr.
lovemykidstoo 05:39 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hahahaha!!

Yes, I say, awww, I love you too and give a big hug!!
craftymissbeth 06:54 AM 11-26-2014
I always say I love you, too!

There *have* been times when I just wasn't in a loving mood and I just smile real big and say "aww that's sweet! me too!"

I was preoccupied one time when dcg2 came and told me she loved me and I absentmindedly responded with "ok, go play"... she looked so dejected I make sure to at least say thank you and smile.
Unregistered 07:13 AM 11-26-2014
I usually respond with "love you too buddy!" or something similar. I don't make my own kids say it in return and usually prompt them to say something nice like "thank you" if they don't want to say it back but I don't want to force them to say something they many not mean. It's hard for daycare kids and its also hard for provider's children.
daycare 07:30 AM 11-26-2014
because my child has been a part of my dc since he was first born that was one thing that he did not have to share. My love. He shared everything else in his life and that was one thing I never did tell or still tell DCks, is that I love you back.

When they say that I give them big hugs and tell them anything from that is so nice of you, or that makes me feel so good. I tell them I really like you too. Or just thank you and etc.
Unregistered 09:00 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I've been saying "Thank you, that's very nice of you to say ". I feel weird saying it back......
Annalee 11:20 AM 11-26-2014
I do say "I love you" sometimes. sometimes I just reply with a "thank you very much, xxxx, you are the best" or "you are so sweet,xxxx"....I think it is good for children to hear "I love you" but not necessarily for me to always reciprocate an "I love you" which would deplete it's meaning...While I do NOT love daycare kids like my own kids, I do love them in a different kind of way!
e.j. 11:22 AM 11-26-2014
I usually say, "Aw! I love you too!" and give them a hug.
Unregistered 01:17 PM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I do say "I love you" sometimes. sometimes I just reply with a "thank you very much, xxxx, you are the best" or "you are so sweet,xxxx"....I think it is good for children to hear "I love you" but not necessarily for me to always reciprocate an "I love you" which would deplete it's meaning...While I do NOT love daycare kids like my own kids, I do love them in a different kind of way!
I like that.
Reply Up