Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curious
FCCLife 05:00 PM 10-20-2015
If any of you have done it... How did you make the jump from providing inhome care to working at a daycare center? How did your daycare parents take it and how did you tell them? Thanks
permanentvacation 05:04 PM 10-20-2015
I have done licensed home daycare for many years, so it was quite easy for me to get hired at a center. As far as telling the parents, I simply gave them the amount of notice needed according to my contract. A couple of them that I had a bit more personal relationship with, I explained my reasons for closing and going out to work. But it wasn't really a big deal.
FCCLife 06:30 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I have done licensed home daycare for many years, so it was quite easy for me to get hired at a center. As far as telling the parents, I simply gave them the amount of notice needed according to my contract. A couple of them that I had a bit more personal relationship with, I explained my reasons for closing and going out to work. But it wasn't really a big deal.
If you don't mind me asking, which did you prefer...inhome or center? I'm looking into it because I am ready to work outside of the house again and the kids are ready to play with kids their own ages. I am nervous because it's a big change for us because my kids who are school age have never been in daycare other than mine and because my current dcp's have been with me 1.5 years. I'm also feeling a little guilty too because there are not a lot of providers around us and I just hate to shake everything up for my dcp's but at the same time I'm ready for the change.
Crystal 06:35 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I didn't know you did that! When did that happen?
Reply Up