Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wisconsin License Question
TwinMama 04:11 PM 03-24-2021
How long does it take to get licensed in Wisconsin, and can you operate while you're waiting?
284878 08:16 PM 03-24-2021
Not from WI but it took me 8/9 months from app to license but there were some delays. I also could not open until licensed. So I would think that you being license exempt already would speed things up.

However...
There are two other providers on this forum in other states that are having a difficult time getting a hold of there inspector and/or getting inspected due to covid.
TwinMama 05:08 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Not from WI but it took me 8/9 months from app to license but there were some delays. I also could not open until licensed. So I would think that you being license exempt already would speed things up.

However...
There are two other providers on this forum in other states that are having a difficult time getting a hold of there inspector and/or getting inspected due to covid.
I wondered about covid. I know that they've been doing inspections via zoom for current licensed people here, but I don't know about newly licensed people.
janell999 06:12 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I wondered about covid. I know that they've been doing inspections via zoom for current licensed people here, but I don't know about newly licensed people.
I'm in Madison, WI

It took me about a year to get my license. It would have been sooner but Covid hit right as I was doing my Pre-License visit in March. After my pre-license visit in March, it took them till September to come back and do my licensing visit and they issued my license the same day. I just had an unannounced visit this week too.

So I do know they are still doing in person visits for people trying to get licensed as well as visiting people who already have a license.
TwinMama 05:50 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by janell999:
I'm in Madison, WI

It took me about a year to get my license. It would have been sooner but Covid hit right as I was doing my Pre-License visit in March. After my pre-license visit in March, it took them till September to come back and do my licensing visit and they issued my license the same day. I just had an unannounced visit this week too.

So I do know they are still doing in person visits for people trying to get licensed as well as visiting people who already have a license.
Were they nice? I'm so nervous. I've been doing a majority of the things already when it comes to paperwork, and it seems my house is set up well....I hope. I'm probably putting more pressure on myself than I need to, but I really love my job and I want to have all my ducks in a row. I just applied for my packet.
janell999 06:40 AM 03-28-2021
Were they nice? I'm so nervous. I've been doing a majority of the things already when it comes to paperwork, and it seems my house is set up well....I hope. I'm probably putting more pressure on myself than I need to, but I really love my job and I want to have all my ducks in a row. I just applied for my packet.
Yeah, my licensor was really nice. my pre-licensor was Nice too. you will get a huge packet in the mail with all the info in it and stuff you need to do with checklists and stuff. Once you feel like you have done everything, then you will schedule a visit with a pre-licensor. usually this person is from 4C and not a DCF licensor. she/he will go over all the paperwork and walk around the house and outside and go over every detail with you in depth. This visit is like 2-3 hours long. after that visit, you fill out your application and mail in all your paperwork and background checks etc.. to licensing. And then they will schedule a real visit with you after they process your paperwork.

Where in WI are you?

you can find me on FB if you want to check out my daycare or want to message me if you have questions or anything. https://www.facebook.com/Over-The-Ra...02392358294900
TwinMama 10:40 AM 04-02-2021
Yeah, my licensor was really nice. my pre-licensor was Nice too. you will get a huge packet in the mail with all the info in it and stuff you need to do with checklists and stuff. Once you feel like you have done everything, then you will schedule a visit with a pre-licensor. usually this person is from 4C and not a DCF licensor. she/he will go over all the paperwork and walk around the house and outside and go over every detail with you in depth. This visit is like 2-3 hours long. after that visit, you fill out your application and mail in all your paperwork and background checks etc.. to licensing. And then they will schedule a real visit with you after they process your paperwork.

Where in WI are you?

you can find me on FB if you want to check out my daycare or want to message me if you have questions or anything. https://www.facebook.com/Over-The-Ra...02392358294900

Thank you so much!!! I'm still waiting for my packet. I'm so excited to get started. I'm in Southwest Wisconsin. About 40 miles west of Madison.
TwinMama 06:01 PM 04-03-2021
I just got my packet!!! Yeah!
janell999 06:32 PM 04-06-2021
I just got my packet!!! Yeah!
awesome! hope it all goes smoothly.
TwinMama 08:41 AM 04-07-2021
awesome! hope it all goes smoothly.
Thank you so much!!
Tags:wisconsin provider, wisconsin regulations
Reply Up