Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic ~ So Happy I Could Pop!
laundrymom 10:55 AM 04-29-2011
Hey gals, I have to share,.. Im so happy I could pop. A friends 9 yr old has leukemia,.. three weeks ago she was scheduled to go into maintenance as it was in remission.... then she was DX with vod disease. A rare one usually seen in old transplant recipients.

DX was very grim. the arteries leading to and from her liver were hardening and clogging. In a sense her liver was dying.
No treatment in the normal medical realm.

Last friday morning the dr's came in told her about an experimental drug, the only chance, the ONLY way to turn things around. If it didnt work,.... well,.. no parent should have to bury their 9 yr old.

Did I mention that this little one is 9?

So off they go to the hospital that does the experimental procedure,...

today,.. her billiruben (sp?) is down to 7. It had topped out at 13.7. It is coming down. It is coming DOWN!!!!!!
I am so ... unable to contain my excitement. I had to tell someone. She isnt out of the woods,.. she isnt even on her way out of the woods,... but there is a glimmer of,... =-)
daycare 10:59 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Hey gals, I have to share,.. Im so happy I could pop. A friends 9 yr old has leukemia,.. three weeks ago she was scheduled to go into maintenance as it was in remission.... then she was DX with vod disease. A rare one usually seen in old transplant recipients.

DX was very grim. the arteries leading to and from her liver were hardening and clogging. In a sense her liver was dying.
No treatment in the normal medical rhelm.

Last friday morning the dr's came in told her about an experimental drug, the only chance, the ONLY way to turn things around. If it didnt work,.... well,.. no parent should have to bury their 9 yr old.

today,.. her billiruben (sp?) is down to 7. It had topped out at 13.7. It is coming down. It is coming DOWN!!!!!!
I am so ... unable to contain my excitement. I had to tell someone. She isnt out of the woods,.. she isnt even on her way out of the woods,... but there is a glimmer of,... =-)
wow amazing...............so happy to hear that she is hopefully on her way to recovery.. Nothing more sad to me than an ill child.... My thoughts are with you...

btw..I had to read your tittle 3 times.... I thought it said so happy i could poop...........ugghh this is waht happens when you are around toddlers all day.....lol
MamaBear 11:17 AM 04-29-2011
That is awesome! Nice to read some great news!!!
youretooloud 11:28 AM 04-29-2011
1st.. I also read it as "So happy I could poop".

2nd.. I am SO happy too!!!!! No child should experience such pain!

I have quite a few friends who are Leukemia survivors, and they are all in their 40s with no lasing side effects. ALL of them say, they wouldn't change that part of their life.
PitterPatter 11:28 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:

No treatment in the normal medical rhelm.

Awww that's wonderful! A glimmer of hope is how it all starts! May God bless the little one!
momofsix 12:21 PM 04-29-2011
That is so awesome! I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I remember quite a while ago you posted something about her, and I always meant to ask how she was doing so I'm glad you were able to update with something positive!
SilverSabre25 01:04 PM 04-29-2011
That is so wonderful!! Oh, I can't even imagine the joy her parents are feeling!
missnikki 01:11 PM 04-29-2011
This story puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

That's some good news. I pray it keeps on coming!
grandmom 02:55 PM 04-29-2011
What wonderful news. Miracles happen every day. Please keep us posted.
Abigail 09:30 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
wow amazing...............so happy to hear that she is hopefully on her way to recovery.. Nothing more sad to me than an ill child.... My thoughts are with you...

btw..I had to read your tittle 3 times.... I thought it said so happy i could poop...........ugghh this is waht happens when you are around toddlers all day.....lol
I read it as So happy I got a pop, lol.....my diet coke thinkin' mind! That is great news!
WImom 09:52 PM 04-30-2011
That is great news!!
Tags:leukemia, miracle, prayer
Reply Up