Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Waste Of MY Money For DCK 'Medical Condition'
PitterPatter 07:49 AM 05-19-2011
Usually I come for advise and opinions, today I just want to vent! Something has been irritating me and I just have to vent to someone who knows where I am coming from! It may get long if it does my apologies!

I enrolled 2 new kids almost 3 months ago. DCM tells me the boy is lactose intolerant and needs pediasure. She says she gets 72 cans a month from WIC. OK so I give her the required form to have the Dr fill out so that I can serve the Pediasure instead of milk. She also says he is to have a FULL bottle each meal! (Food Prog rules are 4 oz per meal but she insists) I tell her I don't think I am required to supply that much but I will buy some and if she wants to help with the extra 4oz with the bottles WIC gives her that would be fine. I go out and buy this expensive Pediasure because she tells me he can't have the store brand for some unknown reason. She brings 4 8oz cans and says she will bring more on Monday. She NEVER brings anymore!!! So I am giving this kid 8oz of Pediasure every meal! Thats about $4 per day! I remind her I am only required to give the 4oz. Ok she says she will bring more...BUT doesnt...

Almost 3 weeks later she finally brings the form back from the Dr. It's not even filled out!! All he wrote was in the comments "needs pediasure" and signed it. I know it wont fly but I have to submitt it to the Food Program. I get a call a week later saying it needs filled out and she is sending me a new 1. OK So I pass along to the DCM telling her the Dr MUST fill out the info. The program director has highlighted every spot! DCM is irritated and says she will take it to the dr in a few days when she has time. I told her we need it back ASAP! She just looks at me like I am speeking greek! So I say ok take the few dys BUT have the doctor mail it directly to me! (i have a fax but its not working)

DCM tells me a few days later she turned it in. OK great! Now another 3 weeks go by I finally get the form. It states there is NO medical problem with this child!! Under allergies to food it had a huge ZERO! Under medical conditions requiring suppliments NOTHING! All of the health matter questions were circled NO! Then in comments it said again "Pediasure" What in the hell??? I show the Mom and she shrugs. Fine!!

I turn it in and sure enough a week later the food program director is calling me. We are both at a loss now! She says she does not understand why the DCM is saying he needs pediasure or why the Dr write it in the comments when there clearly is not health matter with this child! She says according to the form there is NO reason for me to have to supply pediasure in place of milk. She says the form will have to be submitted AGAIN and this time a letter will go with it asking for detailed explaination.

I inform the DCM and she is mad! She said "Just forget it give him milk" WTH??? He can't have milk u said!! She says "yes he can we have been giving it to him for a while now and he's fine" I couldnt wrap my head around this! I reminded her of our convo at enrollment! She said "well he must have gotten over it because we wanted him to have real milk and so we started slow no problems he just gets a runny nose" I said why would the Dr write Pediasure in the notes then? She said oh because it helps them get the nutrition and weight gain that he needs. OMG @$#*&!!! "I have been supllying this MYSELF out of MY pocket for weight gain???" She just sits there. I tell her "fine I will put milk on the table tomorrow morning I hope he doesn't have a reaction!"

I call the director back and we are just at a loss. She is fed up with this parents stories and the Dr forms so she says according to the form I am NOT required to give the pediasure and I do have to put milk on the table! She said she was calling the parent herself because this makes no sense but by law we now have to give that child milk and pray he doesn't have a reaction and that the weight gain is the only need for it.

She calls me back and says "I spoke with THAT PARENT!" I said ok and? She is very frustrated and goes on to say she said all the same things I told her right down to DCM contradicting herself! The parent told her it is ok for me to give her kid milk! The director told me she is documenting everything and strongly suggests I do the same. I said ok so I never had to give this Pediasure in the 1st place? She said "according to BOTH Dr forms NO! And I am so sorry u have wasted YOUR money all along! If the parents wants him to have it SHE must supply it and I told her that. So don't buy this child anymore Pediasure!" She asked that I keep a close eye on him and I of course planned to. Breakfast no reaction but he only drank 2 ox or so. Lunch NO reaction!

So what a flipping waste!! Not only did the kid not need it BUT I could have bought the store brand!! I feel like DCM should have to reimburse me for all those bottles because the food program reimbursment doesn't touch it PLUS she told me I had to give double the requirment on top of that! I did some rough calculations and I figure I spent at least $80 in Pediasure for that child over a 2 month period. That's $80 of MY heard earned money flushed down the toilet!
SimpleMom 07:56 AM 05-19-2011
She should reimburse you. Holy cow. I'd be frustrated as well. I'm not required to pay for substitutions, so I wouldn't. But it sounds like you had to. Yuck. Maybe next time have the paperwork filled out first before purchasing the substitute. My licensor always strongly suggests that we do that for CCAP here. Of course, I let one slide and trusted everything was fine and got burned by over $600 dollars. So, I feel for ya. So sorry you had to go through that. I agree, keep everything in writing and continue to document conversations with mom just to be safe.

Hope you have a much better day.
MN Day Mom 08:00 AM 05-19-2011
I personally would request payment from her, especially being as she herself has been giving the child milk. I would just tell her being as there never was a true medical need as she originally stated that you now need to be reimbursed for your costs.
missnikki 08:02 AM 05-19-2011
Is it just me, or was that the sound of this wacko's daycare rate going up? Let her pay for it, one way or another.
SilverSabre25 08:08 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Is it just me, or was that the sound of this wacko's daycare rate going up? Let her pay for it, one way or another.
hee hee hee "LIKE!"

Pitter, sorry you're dealing with this. Some people are totally nuts. You're really having a week, huh?
PitterPatter 08:09 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by SimpleMom:
She should reimburse you. Holy cow. I'd be frustrated as well. I'm not required to pay for substitutions, so I wouldn't. But it sounds like you had to. Yuck. Maybe next time have the paperwork filled out first before purchasing the substitute. My licensor always strongly suggests that we do that for CCAP here. Of course, I let one slide and trusted everything was fine and got burned by over $600 dollars. So, I feel for ya. So sorry you had to go through that. I agree, keep everything in writing and continue to document conversations with mom just to be safe.

Hope you have a much better day.
Thank u!! My day is going better just since I vented. Isn't that funny as soon as u get something out u can kinda breathe easier right away?

With our food prog if a child is really lactose intolerant I am required to supply it and that woud be 4oz per meal totalling about $2 extra per day, I would still have $2 going towards the meal from the $4 the FP reimburses. DCM had me paying $4 per day just in Pediasure so the $4 I got from the food program for the day didn't touch the actual food served. I look at it as the kid was basically served free meals for over 2 months when u think about the reimbursment. The problem was waiting for this paperwork. I had to feed the kids lunch going on the DCMs word of lactose intolerance and awaiting the form which turned out to be a crock!

I think there should be a new rule put in place that states until the actual paperwork is filed back with the Food Prog then any suppliments must be provided by the parents. THAT would solve everything!

Oh and what in the hell is she doing with all that free pediasure? I bet she's selling it!
PitterPatter 08:11 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
hee hee hee "LIKE!"

Pitter, sorry you're dealing with this. Some people are totally nuts. You're really having a week, huh?
Sure am! When it rains it pours! I am just thankful to all u wonderful people who allow me to come and vent and take the time to give advise when I need it!

Oh and thanks to Michael for creating this forum in the 1st place!
Childminder 08:42 AM 05-19-2011
Here I serve milk over age one, and my choice of formula (which is Kirkland brand) to children under one. If the parent wants me to serve something else they have to sign a waiver and provide it themselves. Food program rules.
daycare 08:49 AM 05-19-2011
I would be telling her that since the food program said that there was no need for it and that she never brought the VERY necessary extra bottles, that she will have to cover the cost.

If I were you, I would NEVER supply something like that for a child ever again. It's not your responsibility. If a child really truly needs something I know that a parent would not let a child go even a day without it.
youretooloud 08:56 AM 05-19-2011
DO you still have any of the receipts? If so, I think I'd raise her tuition $5 or $10 a week until you feel like she's refunded what she owes you.

I stopped completely trusting parents who say their child has an allergy a long time ago. Allergies are SO overused. It's offensive to those who really do have allergies, when a parent just wants to make an excuse that suits them.
daycare 08:58 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
DO you still have any of the receipts? If so, I think I'd raise her tuition $5 or $10 a week until you feel like she's refunded what she owes you.

I stopped completely trusting parents who say their child has an allergy a long time ago. Allergies are SO overused. It's offensive to those who really do have allergies, when a parent just wants to make an excuse that suits them.
is it possible to ask a parent to get a written note if a child has an allergy? EX. let say a child has allergies to Peanutbutter... Can we say please have a writen note with side effects to look for from your doc. This way I can put it in your child's file?? Or do you think that would be asking too much?
nannyde 09:19 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Here I serve milk over age one, and my choice of formula (which is Kirkland brand) to children under one. If the parent wants me to serve something else they have to sign a waiver and provide it themselves. Food program rules.
Exactly that:

Kirkland brand otherwise parent brings
missnikki 09:23 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
is it possible to ask a parent to get a written note if a child has an allergy? EX. let say a child has allergies to Peanutbutter... Can we say please have a writen note with side effects to look for from your doc. This way I can put it in your child's file?? Or do you think that would be asking too much?
If they have a potentially life-threatening or even an emergency room grade allergy or disability, you can bet I'd ask for clarification on things that I would need to know to properly care for him. In my state, you must have a health/ability survey that the parent fills out on each child on file, and a health assessment from a physician too. I think if you are being told something other than what the doc's report says, you can ask to have it verified. I don't know if I can require it, but I can certainly ask.
mac60 09:41 AM 05-19-2011
I would document with receipts and and documemented conversations and deduct it at tax time. No way would I foot the bill for that one, I would get my money back one way or another.
youretooloud 10:06 AM 05-19-2011
The ones who actually DO have an allergy come in with a note and info. One girl has an epi pen. It's the ones who say "he's allergic to eggs", and then you discover, he just hates them.... he's not allergic. Or, "one time, he ate strawberry yogurt and had diarrhea the next day. So, he's allergic to strawberries." Except when it's convenient to THEM to give him the icecream with strawberries. Then, suddenly, he's only a little bit allergic.
snbauser 10:15 AM 05-19-2011
Here we must supply everything. The only exception is if the parent choses a different formula. So if a child is lactose intolerant, we have to supply the lactose free or we do not get reimbursed for ANY part of the meal.

I require the parents to bring me the doctor's form before the child actually starts.
meganlavonnesmommy 10:27 AM 05-19-2011
Wow, unfortunately she scammed you. Not sure why, other than she is psycho from the sounds of it.

My daughter has celiac disease, and had to eat lactose free for about 6 months. We had to give her soy milk, and her dr suggested we put her on two pedisures a day to gain weight. But she also had NO problems filling out the paperwork for the food program saying she needed to be lactose free. She filled it out in detail. After 6 months she was able to go back on regular dairy, but we still give her the pedisure to gain weight and cause she likes it. So its possible this child was lactose intolerant for awhile and now doesnt need to be. But either way the dr should have had no problem filling out the form.

I have 2 kids in care that arent lactose intolerant, but the parents asked if I would serve them soy milk cause its the only kind they will drink. Both offered to bring it in for them, and for awhile I had them doing that. But then it was such a hassle when I ran out, and had to remind them to bring more. I just started buying it myself, and eating the cost. It's only a few dollars more for the soy milk, and only two of the kids, so I just buy it. But both parents offered to provide it if I wanted them to. I didnt have the USDA paperwork filled out cause its not a medical issue, but personal preference. So I just kind of serve it "under the table".
jojosmommy 10:48 AM 05-19-2011
She said oh because it helps them get the nutrition and weight gain that he needs. OMG @$#*&!!! "I have been supllying this MYSELF out of MY pocket for weight gain???"

I knew right away when you said pedisure that it was for weightgain not an allergy. I had a mom try to pull this on me but when I refused to buy it for her 17 lb 2 yr old she suddenly could have regular milk after all. Sorry to hear this happened to you.
MG&Lsmom 02:15 PM 05-19-2011
What I'm not understanding is that Pediasure IS cow milk based??? My kids had severe milk allergy up until a couple of months ago (well that's when they were finally cleared of it) and Pediasure has all the same proteins that a milk allergy person would react to. There are soy based nutritional supplements that you can order through the pharmacy, but not get at any store in my area. This whole thing has me scratching my head! Even a lactose intolerant person would have a reaction to Pediasure.
SilverSabre25 02:18 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
What I'm not understanding is that Pediasure IS cow milk based??? My kids had severe milk allergy up until a couple of months ago (well that's when they were finally cleared of it) and Pediasure has all the same proteins that a milk allergy person would react to. There are soy based nutritional supplements that you can order through the pharmacy, but not get at any store in my area. This whole thing has me scratching my head! Even a lactose intolerant person would have a reaction to Pediasure.
I wondered this once and looked it up, and apparently (somehow?!) Pediasure is actually safe for lactose-intolerant folks--from the website:

"The complete, balanced nutrition of PediaSure is clinically proven to help kids grow.* Each delicious shake provides protein, vitamins, and minerals needed for healthy growth and development. And PediaSure is gluten-free, kosher, and halal, as well as suitable for children with lactose intolerance.† PediaSure is WIC®‡ eligible in all 50 states and widely available in stores and pharmacies."

Really not sure how that works, but whatever...
MarinaVanessa 02:28 PM 05-19-2011
Me too! Me too! Exactly like this. I serve whatever the food program requires, no Dr's note, no substitutions ... no exceptions. To OP if you can't get her to reimburse you and you don't want to term or whatever just keep your receipts and claim the pediasure on next years taxes since it's 100% for a daycare kid vat least you'll get you money back in the end.
Kaddidle Care 03:15 PM 05-19-2011
http://abbottnutrition.com/products/pediasure
"A unique blend of Prebiotic NutraFlora® scFOS® and antioxidants* for digestive system health and to support the immune system1,2,3
Milk-based, complete, balanced nutrition®"

http://pediasure.com/faq
Yes. PediaSure contains milk protein.These proteins are derived from cow’s milk. PediaSure products are suitable for children with lactose intolerance.*

Can someone please tell me how a product containing milk is suitable for children with lactose intolerance.

Lesson learned. Next time get it in writing. She's on Wick and bought cheese for herself and you bought the drinks for the kid. You got took.
bice99 03:34 PM 05-19-2011
Lactose is a type of sugar. PediaSure says it contains milk protein, which is casein. So a lactose intolerant person can drink it, but a person with a true milk allergy (to the protein) cannot. Does that make sense?
Hunni Bee 08:14 PM 05-19-2011
I have a kid that's "allergic" to milk, soy, corn and nuts.

But eats mac and cheese, ice cream, reese's cups, corn-based chips, etc....in other words, all the junk that's she's supposed to be allergic to.

However, she doesn't drink milk or water, only juice. No vegetables, except potatoes. Nothing but junk and fruit.

At one point she wasn't eating at all, and the mom asked if we could just give her chicken nuggets every day to make sure she eats. We told her we would not be making chicken nuggets every day just for her, and plus the other children would'nt eat if they knew she was getting nuggets every day. She sends cold chicken nuggets wrapped in foil the next morning. The kid knew they were in the frig, and whined for them all day. We told the mom that we must have medical authorization for her to send food from home...we get a random fax saying only "picky eater" and a signature. Yeah, that works.

I love allergies.
PitterPatter 06:46 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

But eats mac and cheese, ice cream, reese's cups, corn-based chips, etc....in other words, all the junk that's she's supposed to be allergic to.

However, she doesn't drink milk or water, only juice. No vegetables, except potatoes. Nothing but junk and fruit.

At one point she wasn't eating at all, and the mom asked if we could just give her chicken nuggets every day to make sure she eats. We told her we would not be making chicken nuggets every day just for her, and plus the other children would'nt eat if they knew she was getting nuggets every day. She sends cold chicken nuggets wrapped in foil the next morning. The kid knew they were in the frig, and whined for them all day. We told the mom that we must have medical authorization for her to send food from home...we get a random fax saying only "picky eater" and a signature. Yeah, that works.I love allergies.
Oh brother! Good luck with that one!
GretasLittleFriends 07:02 AM 05-20-2011
Same here but I use Walmart's generic. Walmart is 1/2 hr away, next closest shopping place (with exception of local (expensive) grocery store) is an hour away.

This is what I would do if I had a child with allergies.

Well, I do have a child that's lactose intolerant. She's my DD (Age 1) She had GERD as an infant, and was on soy formula. Both my mom and her dad's mom were and/or are lactose intolerant, though dh and I can drink milk like there's no tomorrow. She gets whole Lactaid (a lactose-free) milk. Food program is ok with that, as i just had a meeting with my rep Monday. My DD is NOT on the food program, so it really doesn't matter, but something I wanted to check on anyway.

I have not tried to give her pediasure. When we switched from formula to milk, I started her on soy milk because she had been on soy formula. I was concerned that the soy milk didn't have enough fat in it (for her brain and development) and at her 1 yr check up the doctor recommended Lactaid or another lactose free milk. She can eat yogurt and cheese. Some cottage cheeses bother her, not entirely sure about ice cream either, as she hasn't had much opportunity to try a lot of it yet. She had some at her birthday, but I don't remember her reacting to it.

Oh, and her reactions include extreme irritability, likely caused by an upset tummy, and she usually pukes. It even happens if I feed her my homemade alfredo sauce (made with milk, flour, cheeses, spices...) but Kraft Mac & Cheese is ok because there isn't as much milk (I guess).
GretasLittleFriends 07:04 AM 05-20-2011
I was going to say, you should go through your receipts and figure out exactly how much you've spent on pediasure for them and bill it to her, even if you do it like a pp mentioned at $5 to $10 extra a week...
MN Day Mom 07:18 AM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

At one point she wasn't eating at all, and the mom asked if we could just give her chicken nuggets every day to make sure she eats. We told her we would not be making chicken nuggets every day just for her, and plus the other children would'nt eat if they knew she was getting nuggets every day. She sends cold chicken nuggets wrapped in foil the next morning. The kid knew they were in the frig, and whined for them all day. We told the mom that we must have medical authorization for her to send food from home...we get a random fax saying only "picky eater" and a signature. Yeah, that works.

I love allergies.
My son is allergic to Milk... well more so casein... not an allergy like the typcial, so he can have some things with milk processed or cooked in to them... but we limit the 'whens' of these items as it can change behaviors. He was addicted to milk when he was younger... as if it were a true drug, and pretty much it was... it is an opiate and attaches itself to some of the receptors in his brain.

Anyway... just wanted to share as we refer to our sons 'thing' as a milk allergy because its is easier than having to fully explain to everyone.
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 05-20-2011
PitterPatter~ Can I ask you why you agreed to waiver from the regs of the food program at all in the first place without the proper paperwork (from Dr.)? I feel so bad that you are going through this and I am sure it was something you thought you'd do to be nice but technically, you shouldn't be allowed to alter anyones diet from the food program regs without the special diet statment in hand...kwim? So adding the Pediasure (and extra amount on top of it) without prior approval was like accepting a child into care without all the required enrollment papers or immunization forms. Not having those in place ON OR BEFORE first day of care is a fineable offense here.

This is another example of how a provider feels bad, puts forth the extra effort because we care and then basically get the short end of the stick! It sucks when that happens so I have been a stickler for ALL paperwork before I will EVER make changes to someones schedule, rate, diet, ect ect...

I would never had gone ahead and made any additional purchases or changes without guaranteed clarification that the parent wasn't just making it all up. We all know how many stories we get told that turn out to not be true.

I do agree with everyone else though that what is done is done and you can chalk it up to lesson learned and write it off on your taxes.... or I would seriously consider adding the amount for reimbursment into the parents future billings so that you can recoup the money you paid out.....

her story=her responsibility. Again, sorry this mom did this to you.
PitterPatter 07:53 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
PitterPatter~ Can I ask you why you agreed to waiver from the regs of the food program at all in the first place without the proper paperwork (from Dr.)? I feel so bad that you are going through this and I am sure it was something you thought you'd do to be nice but technically, you shouldn't be allowed to alter anyones diet from the food program regs without the special diet statment in hand...kwim? So adding the Pediasure (and extra amount on top of it) without prior approval was like accepting a child into care without all the required enrollment papers or immunization forms. Not having those in place ON OR BEFORE first day of care is a fineable offense here.

This is another example of how a provider feels bad, puts forth the extra effort because we care and then basically get the short end of the stick! It sucks when that happens so I have been a stickler for ALL paperwork before I will EVER make changes to someones schedule, rate, diet, ect ect...

I would never had gone ahead and made any additional purchases or changes without guaranteed clarification that the parent wasn't just making it all up. We all know how many stories we get told that turn out to not be true.

I do agree with everyone else though that what is done is done and you can chalk it up to lesson learned and write it off on your taxes.... or I would seriously consider adding the amount for reimbursment into the parents future billings so that you can recoup the money you paid out.....

her story=her responsibility. Again, sorry this mom did this to you.
Thanks to answer your question... I was told to accept them into care without ALL of the forms.

The DCM popped out of nowhere needing care, we interviewed. She was to be state paid. I told her I had to have a certificate from the CCRR before they could be enrolled. 1 day later CCRR called and said the certificate is being mailed and this family was clear to start Monday with or without the certificate as she was informing me personally they are cleared. I had the clients in my care before the certificate arrived because the CCRR supervisor told me to allow it. I did have the persmission for medical/transportation forms and contract all signed but that was it. Even the medical forms took a month to come back and that is permitted (why i dont know but it states so right on the form)

The DCM needed care immediatley and so I had no paperwork on the Food program except for the enrollment forms signed. They knew all of this at the FP office. The food program supervisor told me I had to serve the pediasure from day 1 while waiting for the forms. Since the kid was supposed to be lactose intolerant I was told I could not give the milk. FP said I must start serving the pediasure and just submitt the form when it comes back. So I did everything as required. This is partially why when the director of the food program became invoved she was very upset with the parent herself and has apologized to me many times. Had they said I was allowed to serve the milk the kid could have had a reaction so they had to tell me to buy the pediasure.

In our area all a state paid parent needs to start care is that certificate stating they get free care and how much is to be paid to me by the parent. Once I agree to be the clients provider and they have the certificate I have to accpet them in to care. The only paper the state insists on being singed prior to the 1st day is that medical permission form. All of the other forms can be sent in later.
Blackcat31 07:38 PM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Thanks to answer your question... I was told to accept them into care without ALL of the forms.

The DCM popped out of nowhere needing care, we interviewed. She was to be state paid. I told her I had to have a certificate from the CCRR before they could be enrolled. 1 day later CCRR called and said the certificate is being mailed and this family was clear to start Monday with or without the certificate as she was informing me personally they are cleared. I had the clients in my care before the certificate arrived because the CCRR supervisor told me to allow it. I did have the persmission for medical/transportation forms and contract all signed but that was it. Even the medical forms took a month to come back and that is permitted (why i dont know but it states so right on the form)

The DCM needed care immediatley and so I had no paperwork on the Food program except for the enrollment forms signed. They knew all of this at the FP office. The food program supervisor told me I had to serve the pediasure from day 1 while waiting for the forms. Since the kid was supposed to be lactose intolerant I was told I could not give the milk. FP said I must start serving the pediasure and just submitt the form when it comes back. So I did everything as required. This is partially why when the director of the food program became invoved she was very upset with the parent herself and has apologized to me many times. Had they said I was allowed to serve the milk the kid could have had a reaction so they had to tell me to buy the pediasure.

In our area all a state paid parent needs to start care is that certificate stating they get free care and how much is to be paid to me by the parent. Once I agree to be the clients provider and they have the certificate I have to accpet them in to care. The only paper the state insists on being singed prior to the 1st day is that medical permission form. All of the other forms can be sent in later.
Wow! I am sorry this is happening to you. It seems as though a lot of people who are in charge told you to do the wrong thing or maybe the right thing in their opinion or your state rules but either way, it doesn't seem very fair that you are left having to lose money because of someone else's directions. Is there a supervisor or higher up person you could take your situation to and possibly be reimbursed for your wasted money?

Things like this make me really grateful that my state is much more supportive of providers and allow us the ability to treat our state assistance clients exactly as our self-pay families. I can charge whatever rate I charge everyone else and if it is more than what the state pays, the parent HAS to pay the difference. I can also charge sick and absent days as well as refusing state assisted families if I want.

Again, sorry this happened to you but you really should make the mother be the one who has to pay you back.
PitterPatter 08:16 PM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow! I am sorry this is happening to you. It seems as though a lot of people who are in charge told you to do the wrong thing or maybe the right thing in their opinion or your state rules but either way, it doesn't seem very fair that you are left having to lose money because of someone else's directions. Is there a supervisor or higher up person you could take your situation to and possibly be reimbursed for your wasted money?

Things like this make me really grateful that my state is much more supportive of providers and allow us the ability to treat our state assistance clients exactly as our self-pay families. I can charge whatever rate I charge everyone else and if it is more than what the state pays, the parent HAS to pay the difference. I can also charge sick and absent days as well as refusing state assisted families if I want.

Again, sorry this happened to you but you really should make the mother be the one who has to pay you back.
I do have the ability to turn down state clients and had I known I would have this many problems I very well may have.

I have asked her to repay me for the pediasure and she claims not to have any money, she has a family of 4 to support and I only have 2. #$&*@ YEAH PLUS ALL the other daycare kids duh! I told her we will have to set something up for monthly payments then because it was not needed. Then she goes back to saying it was needed in the beginning and she only recently started serving the milk at home. I tell her it doesnt matter because I was NEVER required to supply it. She then tells me she will just make it right by giving me the cans she has at home to replace the ones I gave her son. What am I supposed to do with 40 cans of pediasure? Use them for your next lactose intolerant child she says. Yeah because they come through my door everyday WTH?

This is like pulling teeth I am not getting anywhere with her. I am going to see about claiming during tax season but I only have reciepts for about 24 bottles. I didn't save them because I get the automatic claim with food every year. Luckily I save the grocery bags for putting dirty diapers in before going in the garbage so I found 2 reciepts. I may be able to do something with this because I have the food program director behind me and just as upset with this parent as I am.

Thank u everyone for all the support here!!
Tags:clueless parents, vent
Reply Up