Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Pail Advise
Michelle 10:23 AM 11-21-2011
What is the best diaper pail deodorizer?
What actually lasts?
dEHmom 10:46 AM 11-21-2011
baking soda?
youretooloud 10:47 AM 11-21-2011
I am lazy. I just use a plastic bag inside a five gallon bucket with no lid. I throw them in there, and at the end of the day, I throw the bag away.

If it gets too smelly, I'll take the bag outside early.
blueclouds29 10:54 AM 11-21-2011
i'm the same way. I buy those diaper bags ($1 for 50 at the dollar store). Put the diapers in the those and into my main garbage. Haven't had any trouble with smells.
blueclouds29 10:57 AM 11-21-2011
http://www.amazon.com/sassy-baby-dis...SIN=B0007V644S

These are what i use.. buy them at the dollar store in fresh scent! LOL
Michelle 11:33 AM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
http://www.amazon.com/sassy-baby-dis...SIN=B0007V644S

These are what i use.. buy them at the dollar store in fresh scent! LOL
thanks, I'm going to buy these...
Kaddidle Care 01:32 PM 11-21-2011
The quicker you get it out, the better. A bit of carpet fresh sprinkled in the bottom of the pail helps a bit but like room freshener, it just smells like flower scented poo.
Michelle 01:33 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
The quicker you get it out, the better. A bit of carpet fresh sprinkled in the bottom of the pail helps a bit but like room freshener, it just smells like flower scented poo.
Oh, I need one of those masks, it's been an extra stinky day!!
Cat Herder 04:22 PM 11-21-2011
I tossed the pail.

I have a small mesh laundry bag that I clipped a small hole in (bottom corner). I fill it with used plastic grocery bags, hang it from a hook next to the changing table,and pull them out one at a time through the hole.

I then take the diapers out to the big cans after each round of diaper changes. No lingering odor.
Sprouts 05:06 PM 11-21-2011
I use the Diaper Dekor PLus

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2919753

And then I put those arm and hammer scented things from the baby section of target.

But BEFORE I toss the diaper I put the diaper in the glove I am using, I just flip into the disposable glove as I am taking it off, this has helped A LOT with odors.
SandeeAR 05:14 PM 11-21-2011
In the bottom of my pail, I have one of those "gel car freshener cans". I use the cheap garbage bags. I wrapand tie each Poo diaper in a walmart sack, before depositing. I have 4 kids regular. I empty the can every other day.
Abigail 05:46 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I am lazy. I just use a plastic bag inside a five gallon bucket with no lid. I throw them in there, and at the end of the day, I throw the bag away.

If it gets too smelly, I'll take the bag outside early.
We are required to have a lid. Right now I have a diaper champ and have purchased the $2 something bag of Ruffles from Walmart for an 8 gallon garbage. I also have an endless supply of plastic bags from the grocery store that a roll up really small and would put a stinky one in it. At the daycare I worked at we never put stinky ones in bags, but at home in my personal living space for day I will. It would be nice to have a bigger bathroom to keep the smell out of the main livingroom, but oh well.....next house we buy! LOL
dave4him 07:50 PM 11-21-2011
My daugter either carries it to the garage or I put it in a walmart sack and slingshot it to the trash from the porch
Michelle 08:45 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
My daugter either carries it to the garage or I put it in a walmart sack and slingshot it to the trash from the porch

I could just picture that!!
beachgrl 09:26 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
i'm the same way. I buy those diaper bags ($1 for 50 at the dollar store). Put the diapers in the those and into my main garbage. Haven't had any trouble with smells.
I will have to find these, I was using a diaper genie but the thing doesnt seem to want to work all the time and it was still knocking me down with the smell anytime I changed diapers so it was pretty useless.

I have been using my regular trash can instead but idk about these, must look for them ASAP !
SimpleMom 09:28 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
hahahaha....I love it!!!
beachgrl 09:28 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:

I could just picture that!!
Hillarious!
Tags:diaper - ideas, diaper changing procedures, diaper changing station
Reply Up