Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 BMs by 1 pm!
Fancygoldfish 03:00 PM 07-28-2016
Do you think a parent is feeding their toddler too much food if the child has 2 huge BMs before 11 and another after lunch at 1?

Parent says toddler has more BMs at home, too!

Child is not overweight, on thin side.
NillaWafers 03:12 PM 07-28-2016
I don't think there is such a thing as too much food. Toddlers will eat until they are full.

Maybe quality of the food is an issue - which is out of our control. My 18mo DCG poops three times a day, without fail. I am pretty sure her parents don't feed a lot of junk either.
happymom 03:14 PM 07-28-2016
I think it has more to do with the child's digestive system than anything else.

More than 4 per day on a regular basis could indicate that the child's digestive system moves too quickly, and the body absorbs less food and nutrition.

If you feel like this child is fed too much, but is still skinny, you might suggest that the parent mention it to their pediatrician.
AmyKidsCo 07:01 PM 07-28-2016
It could just be that kid. Lucky you.
Claraskids 07:05 PM 07-28-2016
I have a dcb like this. He just turned 2. Up until a few months ago, he would have up to 5 explosive bms a day, plus more at home. Mom and I decided to cut him down to only one fruit serving a day and absolutely NO juice. This is a kid that loves all food and will not turn his nose up at any veggie or fruit.
Within a few weeks of switching his diet, huge improvement So glad to be down to maybe one messy pants a day and he is well on the way to being potty trained as well. Now if he is "extra messy", I know it was a dad breakfast with extra fruit.
Sometimes kids are just super sensitive to something in the diet....fruit, dairy, etc.
MunchkinWrangler 07:35 PM 07-28-2016
I think as long as they're normal meaning not runny it's fine. My ped tells me it's better that than a child who is constipated. My ds goes about 4 times a day. Healthy eater too.
daycarediva 10:34 AM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
I have a dcb like this. He just turned 2. Up until a few months ago, he would have up to 5 explosive bms a day, plus more at home. Mom and I decided to cut him down to only one fruit serving a day and absolutely NO juice. This is a kid that loves all food and will not turn his nose up at any veggie or fruit.
Within a few weeks of switching his diet, huge improvement So glad to be down to maybe one messy pants a day and he is well on the way to being potty trained as well. Now if he is "extra messy", I know it was a dad breakfast with extra fruit.
Sometimes kids are just super sensitive to something in the diet....fruit, dairy, etc.

Minor diet sensitivities often show up as excessive BM's. I had a child who aged out be sensitive to citrus. Even a tiny amount of orange juice and he would be pooping all day.

I have a kid now with the same issue. Mom and I are trying to find the cause of the explosive bm's- he's 2, they happen 4+ times a day and often leak out. I have him in a diaper (size fits, that's not the issue) and a plastic cover just in case.
Reply Up