Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Had $1,000
KEG123 05:39 AM 11-02-2011
....To spend on your daycare, what would you buy? Toys, furniture, decorations? Anything!
2ndFamilyDC 05:43 AM 11-02-2011
Well, good question. Lets see, I would buy some new inside toys.

New cribs.

Cots

New riding toys for outside

A couple of larger climbing type things for outside

Lots of new puzzles (my kids love puzzles)
SilverSabre25 05:43 AM 11-02-2011
First, I'd spend a couple hundred on craft supplies and things like smocks for each child, the non-spill paint cups, tissue paper squares, 4 dozen glue sticks, etc.

Then I'd buy a real preschool table to seat 6 and 6 chairs (that would be about $350ish with shipping).

Then I'd buy a couple large unbreakable mirrors, one for the babies and one for the big kids. I might spend the $$ on the one with a bar for the babies to pull up on.

With any leftover I might buy some toys I've been wanting, or buy a wall-mount changing table.
Mrs. CC 05:44 AM 11-02-2011
I am very small, so that $1000 would go very far!!

There are some storage solutions I would like from IKEA
2 double person easels (so 4 can paint/draw at a time)
some more outdoor equipment
the kid dancing video camera (fisher price I think)
dress up costumes and the cool rotating storage closet I found
some educational toys without noises and flashing lights

Ahhh - how cool that would be!

So, what would you get with $1000?
hoopinglady 05:47 AM 11-02-2011
downstairs bathroom or a quad stroller or new nap mats/linens.
Cat Herder 05:48 AM 11-02-2011
A loft climbing system.

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/hotelpr...eas/wooden.htm

Of course that would only buy the plans and some wood....but it would get me halfway there.
blueclouds29 05:49 AM 11-02-2011
finishing the basement to do daycare down there instead of upstairs. Ughh can't wait for that to happen!!!!
Meyou 05:55 AM 11-02-2011
Supplies for my dh to build me the wagon of my dreams. 200lb weight limit with large wheels and good suspension. That seats 4 with storage underneath and in back and places for my beach umbrellas and other beach supplies. We know what we need...it's just one of those things on the list that seems to get put off.

A 6 seater table and chairs. It's the last thing I need to officially have all the DC things in the DC space. Currently we eat and craft in my family dining room.

A craft/supply cupboard so I can reclaim my main floor linen closet.

New gates that are wall mounted and retractable. So DC can disapear even more on the weekends.

I think that spends it all.
awestbrook713 06:07 AM 11-02-2011
First off I would buy a swing set and the correct ground covering, I would then buy a childrens table and chairs, a toy organizer since the toychest I currently use is hard for the kids to go through and find what they want, dramatic play toys such as dress up items, more blocks since they seem to be the popular toy, books, arts and craft supplies. I could go on. I only have this list so long because I applied for a $500 grant and deciding what I need to purchase to improve my program has been on my mind.
Meeko 06:23 AM 11-02-2011
Always had a hankering for a cool loft. So much fun and yet practical too as they add more space.......maybe one day.....
Attached: loft.jpg (50.9 KB) 
KEG123 06:28 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
First off I would buy a swing set and the correct ground covering, I would then buy a childrens table and chairs, a toy organizer since the toychest I currently use is hard for the kids to go through and find what they want, dramatic play toys such as dress up items, more blocks since they seem to be the popular toy, books, arts and craft supplies. I could go on. I only have this list so long because I applied for a $500 grant and deciding what I need to purchase to improve my program has been on my mind.
Thats why I asked... I'll be applying for a grant soon, last year I got 500 because that's all I applied for... this year I'll aim for more since I have now been in business for longer since may, so I have a bit better of an idea what i want/need...
KEG123 06:29 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Always had a hankering for a cool loft. So much fun and yet practical too as they add more space.......maybe one day.....
where does this come from? i love it!
SilverSabre25 07:05 AM 11-02-2011
I have something to add... TWO TO FOUR MORE DUPLO BOARDS!!!!!!!

Can you guess what everyone wants to play with today...at the same time...with my paltry two boards? Those puppies are expensive though!!
wdmmom 07:09 AM 11-02-2011
I'd contribute it to the "Basement Bathroom" fund. We got an estimate of about $3000 so that would put me a third of the way there!
safechner 08:12 AM 11-02-2011
If I had $1,000 then I would put it in my saving accounts. I wouldn't spend any money on daycare since I am happy what I have now.

I have to think about myself that we need to save up for emergency funds if I don't have any kids enrolled my daycare or anything else. Think about it.
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
If I had $1,000 then I would put it in my saving accounts. I wouldn't spend any money on daycare since I am happy what I have now.

I have to think about myself that we need to save up for emergency funds if I don't have any kids enrolled my daycare or anything else. Think about it.
LOL!! Me too! I would probably go on a mini-vacation!

I have WAAAAAY to many toys and stuff as it is and am trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff!!

I wish we had a way to do some sort of trade/swap/donations on here to other members who wanted things. I have a ton of things that need to go!!
safechner 08:35 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have WAAAAAY to many toys and stuff as it is and am trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff!!

I wish we had a way to do some sort of trade/swap/donations on here to other members who wanted things. I have a ton of things that need to go!!
I think that is a great idea! Maybe you try to put on craigslist or garage sale? I sell it on Craigslist all the time and I can use money to buy used toys for daycare if I need it. I think it is a good time to put ad because Christmas is coming soon.
SilverSabre25 08:44 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

That's a great idea! What have you got?
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
That's a great idea! What have you got?

I have a lot more stuff but can't think without going out to the storage area in garage to be visually reminded......LOL!!
daycare 08:58 AM 11-02-2011
I would make me a sound proof room to escape to....ok jk

Honestly I really love my setup now. I guess I would save it to buy more sensory bucket items as the seasons change. I also would not mind having some new sensory buckets with stands.... I am getting too old to lean over....
Blackcat31 09:00 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
I think that is a great idea! Maybe you try to put on craigslist or garage sale? I sell it on Craigslist all the time and I can use money to buy used toys for daycare if I need it. I think it is a good time to put ad because Christmas is coming soon.
I avoid Craig's List like the plague....too many scammers and it is time consuming to sort through the serious lookers and the ones who are just looking to cause trouble.

I used to do the garage sale thing and the newspaper but it either isn't the same anymore or I am just to old to deal with the drama with selling stuff....
Meeko 01:48 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
where does this come from? i love it!
I just grabbed an image off google to show the kind I want!
Tags:fun stuff
Reply Up