Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spitting up/vomiting all the time
delferka 06:13 AM 08-15-2014
Hi, I currently have a baby that has been spitting up since birth. Trouble is, he's now 8 months old and crawling. He vomits on everything and everywhere! The parents say there are asking the doc on his next checkup. In the meantime I can't take it!! I have nice rugs/carpeting that is kept very clean and I can't allow him with the other and that's where he wants to be. Has anyone else had this problem? UGH!!!!!
jenboo 06:40 AM 08-15-2014
I have an 8 month old who is a fountain!!!!! It's disgusting! She was on meds for acid reflux. They took her back to the Dr since we was spitting up like half a bottle and would still be spitting up for 3 hours after her last feeding. They took her back to the doc who said that if she isn't in pain she is fine.
The family decided to see how she would do without the medicine since it didn't seem to be working.... Low and behold, she virtually stopped spitting up!!

I would spend each night scrubbing my rugs to clean up all the spit up
Heidi 07:27 AM 08-15-2014
Mine finally grew out of it at about 10 or 11 months. Once he was eating toddler foods and not taking bottles, it diminished and then disappeared. I usually have mine off bottles earlier than most; as soon as they can manage a sippy and finger foods, no more bottles here.

I had to throw away at least one rug I couldn't get the stains out of.
GKJNIGMN 08:21 AM 08-15-2014
My oldest son was like that and the doctor kept telling me if he was growing appropriately and not in pain then he was keeping enough down and they wouldn't do anything about it.

We ended up taking him off formula completely at 11 months because I honestly couldn't deal with it and it stopped completely when he switched to milk. I remember him being probably 10 months old, walking through a store in the mall and he hadn't had formula since before we came to the mall and he still threw up formula all over the floor. It was always like projectile lol

My guess is he will grow out of it soon.
Sunchimes 11:44 AM 08-15-2014
I have a 2 1/2 year old doing it. The doctor also told them that if he was not in pain and growing, they wouldn't treat it. The problem is that he is low affect SPD, so he doesn't show pain. He can knock a bruise on his head and never shed a tear. I told mom that she needed to make that clear to the doctor because I think he is in pain. On his worst spit up days, he is more lethargic (which is saying something!) She did, and they are starting him on Prevacid as a 10 day test. Fingers crossed it helps.
melilley 11:49 AM 08-15-2014
My dd was like that and it turned out that she had reflux. She was put on meds and outgrew it by the time she was one.
Baby Beluga 12:28 PM 08-15-2014
My DD was like that too. After a few months we found out she had a lactose/dairy allergy that was aggravating her reflux and causing projectile vomiting. Once I switched her to lactose free formula it helped, but did not solve it 100%. At around 1 year her ped told me to try reg milk again (hoping she had grown out of it) and the problem immediately got worse. It wasn't until I took her 100% off dairy and lactose that the problem stopped all together.
cheerfuldom 02:45 PM 08-15-2014
If it is that bad, I would insist on a doctor visit now as well as a treatment plan. This could go on for awhile so you need to decide if you can deal with it or not. I had some BAD vomiters before and it was just horrendous.....
Tags:reflux
Reply Up