Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Gloves or Mittens?
happymom 09:10 AM 10-30-2018
What do you prefer kids have in the winter? Gloves? Mittens? Does it change depending on the age of the kid?

Specifically asking because I need to find something easy for my just turned 3 year old.
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
What do you prefer kids have in the winter? Gloves? Mittens? Does it change depending on the age of the kid?

Specifically asking because I need to find something easy for my just turned 3 year old.
I prefer mittens. But I only take kids 5 and under so mittens work best. Most kids can't get gloves on themselves and here the winters are super cold so mittens are the warmest too.
Gemma 09:15 AM 10-30-2018
Depends on the kid, I use mittens if gloves are too difficult to put on.
Ariana 09:17 AM 10-30-2018
I like mittens that fit well, not too puffy so they can hold onto stuff and something that can be tucked into the jacket so they can’t take them off. The ones that go waaaaay up the arm is overkill in my opinion but above the wrist a bit is perfect. Waterproof waterproof waterproof! Kombi makes some nice mittens but only certain types work well.

Something like this:
https://www.winterkids.com/gondola-mitten-purple
jenboo 09:20 AM 10-30-2018
Is there such a thing as a glove/ mitten that is waterproof and not puffy like a snow glove? Im trying to find something for when it's just frosty outside
Snowmom 10:11 AM 10-30-2018
Mittens 100%.
They're warmer and easier to manage themselves.
happymom 11:01 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Is there such a thing as a glove/ mitten that is waterproof and not puffy like a snow glove? Im trying to find something for when it's just frosty outside
This is what I am looking for! It doesn't get very cold here, just looking for something that is good for the 30-40 degree range or when there's snow on the ground =)
jenboo 11:13 AM 10-30-2018
This is what I am looking for! It doesn't get very cold here, just looking for something that is good for the 30-40 degree range or when there's snow on the ground =)
I can't find anything like this! I want some for presnow. You can't do much in snow gloves.
littleflitter 12:00 PM 10-30-2018
One of my DCG has these: HEAD KID'S TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES & MITTENS (DK HEATHER SILVER, X-SMALL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Y8N77S..._jKk2BbVAVKB2G

They aren't puffy at all and seem moderately warm. I don't think they're totally waterproof, but they repel some water- much better than knit fabric! I probably still wouldn't use them in snow but she wears them all fall (in wi) and has no complaints
Jupadia 01:38 PM 10-30-2018
I prefer mittens for the kids. For the really little ones who pull off mittens the second they get them on I'll put a pair of kids socks on too that go up to elbows so I'm not fixing mittens all the time, though I only that for those under 2.
Ariana 10:04 AM 10-31-2018
In that case head to the dollar store and get their mittens and gloves. This is what I do for my own kids. They lose them constantly so I buy a bunch and they are so cheap! Keep the waterproof ones for when there is snow.
happymom 10:39 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by littleflitter:
One of my DCG has these: HEAD KID'S TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES & MITTENS (DK HEATHER SILVER, X-SMALL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Y8N77S..._jKk2BbVAVKB2G

They aren't puffy at all and seem moderately warm. I don't think they're totally waterproof, but they repel some water- much better than knit fabric! I probably still wouldn't use them in snow but she wears them all fall (in wi) and has no complaints
These look perfect!! Thank you for sharing!
Tags:apparel, gloves, mittens, winter clothes
Reply Up