Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well that was embarrassing ...
midaycare 06:01 AM 09-10-2014
Dcm & Dcd have been dropping off dcb, 4 months somewhere between 8:15-10:00 am for 4 weeks. They spend as much time with him as possible. This week they have been pushing a schedule and really want him on 2 naps; a long morning and a long afternoon. It's really hard for me because he is only here 3 days a week, and yesterday they dropped off at 1:00 pm! So dcm gave him 2 extra long naps in the morning and he didn't nap for me in the afternoon.

But I'm really embarrassed because today Dcd dropped off at 7:30 am and I told him my policy about not being early, blah blah blah. Come to find out, they are actually contracted for 7:30-5:30 and I totally forgot because they had never been here that early!

So embarrassing!!! But seriously... Is it reasonable to expect me to do a schedule when he gets dropped off at all crazy times?
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 09-10-2014
Uh, DCD should be embarrassed. HE is the one that hasn't been sticking to the schedule.

I learn more from what I've already done (or been doing) verses what I've been told so just because they wrote down an early time, they haven't stuck to it.

After the little lecture about not arriving early, I assume DCD told you he wasn't early and this was his regular time....

It's then that I would have said... "Oh, well I've been going off of what time you have been dropping off verses what you have written so I guess in that case, I can save the 'too early' talk and give you the 'if you aren't going to arrive at your scheduled time' talk instead"

Silly DCD! Awesome though that they WANT to spend time with their child.
midaycare 07:43 AM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Uh, DCD should be embarrassed. HE is the one that hasn't been sticking to the schedule.

I learn more from what I've already done (or been doing) verses what I've been told so just because they wrote down an early time, they haven't stuck to it.

After the little lecture about not arriving early, I assume DCD told you he wasn't early and this was his regular time....

It's then that I would have said... "Oh, well I've been going off of what time you have been dropping off verses what you have written so I guess in that case, I can save the 'too early' talk and give you the 'if you aren't going to arrive at your scheduled time' talk instead"

Silly DCD! Awesome though that they WANT to spend time with their child.
I really like them but this week and the insistence on scheduling is driving me nuts. Maybe if they kept to theirs, I would have more luck.
Controlled Chaos 07:56 AM 09-10-2014
hahaha I have totally done that but it was a "late" not really late pick up.
midaycare 10:13 AM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
hahaha I have totally done that but it was a "late" not really late pick up.
I'm glad someone can share in my embarrassment
Reply Up