Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Classroom Center Ideas
lizzlee 05:12 AM 11-06-2018
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here. I just took a new job as lead teacher in a center and I'm hoping for some advice. I have a back ground in early childhood ed and childcare but have been working as a CNA for a few years. I would appreciate ideas for centers beyond free play centers, especially math, science, and art which tie into Thanksgiving and Christmas. My director seems very open to changes in classroom set up, etc so I'm excited about that but don't want to make big changes right away...probably not until after the first of the year. My age group is from about 2 yrs 9 mos to 4, with one 5 year old, total group size 15. I need to be doing things to prepare some for school next year that will also include the younger ones to the extent of their ability. Sorry this post is kind of long, I'm very excited about this opportunity. I've just been out of the business for a while and I would appreciate any advice, tips, etc from all of you.
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 11-06-2018
Originally Posted by lizzlee:
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here. I just took a new job as lead teacher in a center and I'm hoping for some advice. I have a back ground in early childhood ed and childcare but have been working as a CNA for a few years. I would appreciate ideas for centers beyond free play centers, especially math, science, and art which tie into Thanksgiving and Christmas. My director seems very open to changes in classroom set up, etc so I'm excited about that but don't want to make big changes right away...probably not until after the first of the year. My age group is from about 2 yrs 9 mos to 4, with one 5 year old, total group size 15. I need to be doing things to prepare some for school next year that will also include the younger ones to the extent of their ability. Sorry this post is kind of long, I'm very excited about this opportunity. I've just been out of the business for a while and I would appreciate any advice, tips, etc from all of you.
Pinterest is awesome for this type of thing.

You can search any topic or theme you can think of and it's amazing the amount of ideas that are shared!

I'd definitely check there!
Reply Up