Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Of You Close Early On Halloween?
daycare 08:47 AM 10-17-2011
I was just wondering how many provider close early on this day?

Also, do you have anything special that you do for this day with the kids?

We will carve or paint pumpkins, bake cupcakes and then parade through the senior home care center.
sharlan 08:52 AM 10-17-2011
As for Halloween Day, I won't do anything as we have a party at my daughter's house that night.

The little boys will be having a party at their preschool that day that I will take them to.
SilverSabre25 08:56 AM 10-17-2011
Personally I don't, but that's because my kiddos are picked up pretty early as it is.
AnneCordelia 09:07 AM 10-17-2011
I don't either. But, on that day I will feed my own kids before my last DCK is picked up so that we can get a reasonable start on ToTing. It starts early around here...we see our first kids around 6pm usually.
wdmmom 09:36 AM 10-17-2011
Our Trick or Treating night is Sunday evening. I've never closed early but I suppose that if Trick or Treating was on a night that I worked, I would probably close a half hour early in efforts to feed my own kids and take them out scouting the neighborhood.

We have a small party here where we make cupcakes and put spider rings on the chocolate frosting. Everyone dresses up, we take pictures and eat snacks. Then right before the go home, I have a little goodie bag for them to take.
Meeko 11:40 AM 10-17-2011
Most of my DCP's pick up early on Halloween as they have kids to get ready.

But I do remember one year when my own little girls were raring to go when a mom turned up right at closing. She signed out her kids and THEN proceeded to tell me that her friend was meeting her here and that she needed to get her kids dressed in their costumes right then and there at the day care. It was already past my closing time!

She seemed shocked when I told her that MY kids wanted to go trick or treating and that we were leaving and she'd be paying late fees if she didn't walk out the door right then and there!
caligirl 01:55 PM 10-17-2011
I used to when my children were young. Now that they are grown, I don't.
Crazy8 04:12 PM 10-17-2011
I close at 3pm on Halloween. Honestly, I'm not sure why since my kids now get home at 3:30 but when I made the policy they got out at 2:45. I miss their school parade every year unfortunately.
Tags:halloween, halloween - close early
Reply Up