Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Child/Crier
hgonzalez 12:43 PM 02-05-2018
I have had a child in my care that has been here for 1 month. She has terrible separation anxiety, she is almost 3. She comes in every morning, screaming and crying. Her Mom is good about bringing her in and leaving her with a photo book and a stuffed animal from home, and leaving promptly. It doesn't help. She cries every time there is any transition, picking up toys time, to a meal, after a meal, moving from one room to another....you name it. While she is crying, she screams if you try to comfort her and screams 'no' to anything you try to do (distraction, new activity, etc.). She probably cries half of the time she is here. She is also extremely tiny, and has a very, very small head with little hair and not to be mean, but she has a thick unibrow. I don't want to sound like I am picking on her, but she just has such a different appearance it makes me wonder if she has a disability. She is verbal, but will only talk to you when she is in the mood.
Something just seems different about this kiddo. She has been in a group care situation with a relative before with around the same number of kids as I have. Normally kids adjust within a couple of weeks, but she just isn't improving. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Up