Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Xmas gifts....
dEHmom 05:45 AM 01-24-2011
ok, so I'm really bad and I've had a boring morning. Been up since 6, and read email after my cup of coffee that dcg isn't coming or not until later if she does.

mom added me to facebook over weekend, so I got a little snoopy today,and went back on her wall posts :S I found this...

is wondering if people give gifts to their daycare provider and if so any suggestions?
20 December 2010 at 08:05 · LikeUnlike · Comment · View feedback (9)Hide feedback (9)

o
X When I worked at a daycare, we used to mainly get chocolates. Or I know all my teacher friends really appreciate coffee cards from Tim's or Starbucks.
20 December 2010 at 08:25 · LikeUnlike
o
X coffee mugs?
20 December 2010 at 08:52 · LikeUnlike
o
X most people do. it depends what she's like but since she only has DCG it isn't like she will have a bunch of chocolates or coffee cards. You could also give her a small tin of Christmas Baking with a coffee or gift card on top. Everyone loves getting baking...even though I bake I still love other people's treats.
20 December 2010 at 10:31 · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...
o
DCM Well DCG did help me (barely) with the baking, and it is a gift from her and I have lots of nice tins. Maybe I will do that and some nice chocolates. I don't know if she even drinks coffee. I have never seen her with one.
20 December 2010 at 12:30 · LikeUnlike
o
X Sounds like a good present.
20 December 2010 at 13:13 · LikeUnlike
o
DCM is wine inappropriate? Along with chocolates?
20 December 2010 at 18:34 · LikeUnlike
o
X i don't think you have to go all out. chocolates and baking is good. it is like a teacher gift. $15 or so.
20 December 2010 at 18:37 · LikeUnlike
o
DCM I have it all. Still wine from the wedding. I can't drink it.
20 December 2010 at 18:52 · LikeUnlike
o
DCM Once I added the baking tin, the wine doesn't fit in the basket!
20 December 2010 at 18:58 · Like

awwwww she was going to give me wine, thank goodness she didn't cause I hate wine, but AWWWWWW
missnikki 06:17 AM 01-24-2011
Well now I hafta know....what did she end up giving you?
dEHmom 06:37 AM 01-24-2011
Boxes of IceWine chocolates, couple different types, and a tin of baking (cookies,buttertarts,etc) and a card.

But I was feeling for a while that maybe she felt like she "had" to give me something because i have dcg something. But looking at the dates she posted, that's not that case
Tags:christmas gifts
Reply Up