Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Question for Tom
bzzzybee 10:02 AM 03-02-2015
I am using the tax workbook and organizer to do my own taxes this year. I am stuck on my time percentage (p. 31). From Jan. 1 through oct. 31 my hours were 7:30am -5:45 pm. On Nov. 3 I changed my hours to 7:30 am -5:30pm. My actual license does not say anything about hours but the paperwork I was given by my analyst when I applied for my daycare license in 2013 says my hours are 7:30-5:30 as that was my original plan and shortly before opening my daycare and after getting licensed I changed my closing time to 5:45.

So my question is, how should I calculate my regular hours per week?
TomCopeland 12:49 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by bzzzybee:
I am using the tax workbook and organizer to do my own taxes this year. I am stuck on my time percentage (p. 31). From Jan. 1 through oct. 31 my hours were 7:30am -5:45 pm. On Nov. 3 I changed my hours to 7:30 am -5:30pm. My actual license does not say anything about hours but the paperwork I was given by my analyst when I applied for my daycare license in 2013 says my hours are 7:30-5:30 as that was my original plan and shortly before opening my daycare and after getting licensed I changed my closing time to 5:45.

So my question is, how should I calculate my regular hours per week?
You don't try to calculate your regular hours per week. The instructions on line 4 of Form 8829 are misleading. What you want to do is add up all the hours you worked in your home for the year and put this on line 4. It doesn't matter what your license says, put down the actual hours you cared for children and all other hours you spent on business activities in your home.
Tags:8829, form 8829, tom copeland
Reply Up