Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Curious..
Unregistered 10:03 AM 10-17-2017
What do you consider the easiest age group to manage, assuming for this that all kids are about the same age?
Snowmom 10:06 AM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you consider the easiest age group to manage, assuming for this that all kids are about the same age?
3 yrs.
Potty trained, self help skills are nearly perfected, can follow directions and has (for the most part) learned how to be kind to one another.
Play Care 10:21 AM 10-17-2017
Preschool age for me, so 2 1/2 -5 (though 2 1/2 is the younger end of "okay" for me) I like being able to have conversations with the kids and planning curriculum based on their likes/interests. Younger than 2, I feel like I'm just trying to get through the day the best I can
storybookending 10:31 AM 10-17-2017
Easiest for me would deff be if everyone was 3-4. I’ve found I don’t like 5 year olds in general, they’re too big for their britches at 5. They think they can be in control but still need more help then they are willing to admit to. Maybe it’s the school thing. I don’t take schoolagers unless it’s on a drop in, very occasional basis.

That being said though while I think having all 3-4s would be easiest, it’s not something I’d seek out to enroll for daycare at this point in my life. I love having a baby to love on even if it does make the day a bit more difficult having someone a bit needier.
Blackcat31 10:35 AM 10-17-2017
15 months to 24 months.

Easiest by far.

Younger than that and it's 90% maintenance.
Older than 2 and they want resist everything...
5 and over.... yeah. no.
Play Care 11:20 AM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Easiest for me would deff be if everyone was 3-4. I’ve found I don’t like 5 year olds in general, they’re too big for their britches at 5. They think they can be in control but still need more help then they are willing to admit to. Maybe it’s the school thing. I don’t take schoolagers unless it’s on a drop in, very occasional basis.

That being said though while I think having all 3-4s would be easiest, it’s not something I’d seek out to enroll for daycare at this point in my life. I love having a baby to love on even if it does make the day a bit more difficult having someone a bit needier.
I love the 5's before they go off to school. They can be tough, but they can also be kept busy. Once they go to school, forget it! I don't do SA anymore!
Indoorvoice 11:24 AM 10-17-2017
Babies! Give me all of them! Once they start talking my ears get tired. Too bad in my state I can only have 2 under 18 months and 4 under 36 months.
Britt507 11:27 AM 10-17-2017
Babies are definitely the easiest. Before they start being mobile.

They can't talk back or argue with you about something you've said or stated what you're going to do.

Plus, you get to snuggle them!
Michael 11:37 AM 10-17-2017
You all are no help to OP. Judging from the wide range in ages mentioned, what age is easiest to manage has more to do with the caregiver than the children.
Miss A 11:44 AM 10-17-2017
For me, I love the infants. 6 weeks to 24 months is the easiest age for me. I love when I finally get my group on the same schedule, everyone is happy which makes for a happy Miss A!
AmyKidsCo 01:08 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
You all are no help to OP. Judging from the wide range in ages mentioned, what age is easiest to manage has more to do with the caregiver than the children.
I definitely think this is the case!
nannyde 01:15 PM 10-17-2017
infants

The younger the better. The earlier they come to me the easier the older ages are.

Most of all I love the two naps a day and I love how they smell so yummy.
BumbleBee 10:10 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
3 yrs.
Potty trained, self help skills are nearly perfected, can follow directions and has (for the most part) learned how to be kind to one another.
I want those 3 year old's! Where do I find them???
BumbleBee 10:14 PM 10-17-2017
Ones and twos for me. I like the toddler stage. Feed them often, change some diapers and let them play. Rarely do I have to keep that age group occupied like I do my 3's and 4's.
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 10-18-2017
I'm thinking it doesn't matter what the age as long as they're all in the same age range. You can keep them busy doing what's appropriate for their age group. It's so difficult providing care for mixed ages.
I picture having all babies because I LOVE babies but then is the grass really greener? I think I'm highly allergic to 4 and up these days. Somebody said 'too big for their britches'....oh yeh.
I think I'm with BC on this one.....15-24 months. Although maybe I'd lower that to 9-24 mo.
Tags:age groups, best age group
Reply Up