Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We'll Feel Bad Sending Child Away but....
Unregistered 06:55 AM 07-24-2014
Had a child booked for drop in care ealier this week and todAy. 2 year old has been here before and was fine. But was here on tuesdAy and cried most of the day. Not just cried but scream cried. I txt the mom thT and let her know. Told her I was concerned about Thursday because I had 2 babies going to be here. She said she would look for somewhere else for him. Late in the day he stopped crying and mom asked if he could come thurs I said yes he seemed better. This morning they drive up and I can here him screaming from the street. 10 minutes she comes to the door with him screaming. I just told her I can't take him screaming like that. I have babies Coming today. She wS definite pissed. Probably going to lose the money she owes me for the other day since she was going to pay today
hope 08:09 AM 07-24-2014
Good for you. I don't think parents realize how disruptive a screaming child can be to the rest of the group. They just figure it's our job to deal with it.
cheerfuldom 09:51 AM 07-24-2014
I can understand why she was mad since you said you would take him and then changed your mind at the door. The screaming is obviously an issue so I would just do whatever it takes to get them gone permanently. Drop in kids are hard. I dont take any drop in unless I have cared from them previously as full or part time kids, otherwise it is just too hard to make things work for the day.
midaycare 11:51 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I can understand why she was mad since you said you would take him and then changed your mind at the door. The screaming is obviously an issue so I would just do whatever it takes to get them gone permanently. Drop in kids are hard. I dont take any drop in unless I have cared from them previously as full or part time kids, otherwise it is just too hard to make things work for the day.
Drop ins are way too hard for me. Unless they are SA and it's a weird one-time thing, I won't do it.
Lorna 01:02 PM 07-24-2014
Well I'm not going to worry about it. The mom had to know after the previous day and the kid screaming at the vehicle that he didn't want to go. Just not worth it for the odd day here and there. Funny though he never did this any other day. Maybe other daycare providers are just way more able to deal with screaming and crying. I feel like alot of the time I'm dealing with issues parents need to deal with.
Blackcat31 01:31 PM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by Lorna:
Well I'm not going to worry about it. The mom had to know after the previous day and the kid screaming at the vehicle that he didn't want to go. Just not worth it for the odd day here and there. Funny though he never did this any other day. Maybe other daycare providers are just way more able to deal with screaming and crying. I feel like alot of the time I'm dealing with issues parents need to deal with.
Did he usually stop crying after he was dropped off?

Did the mom pay you then for the day she did use?
Lorna 03:26 PM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Did he usually stop crying after he was dropped off?

Did the mom pay you then for the day she did use?
Tuesday when he was here he never stopped crying til after nap. Yes she did pay me this afternoon. Bonus cause I thought it was going to be a write off.
Tags:provider - burnout risk, rage baby, screaming, screams all day, stress
Reply Up