Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Leaving Without Paying
Unregistered 12:42 PM 09-01-2016
I have a family that I've had since day one (two year and a half years). This past year, I've had my husband sub for an hour at a time to go to my prenatal appointments and I've also taken a few vacation days with notice. Once, I didn't give a month's notice about being off and I apologized. This particular child, I love but she is a handful at 2 1/2. She wrote all over my couches and for the past month, has not been sleeping well. Getting in and out of her pack and play, screaming, disrupting other children, etc. In my contract, if a child over two is not sleeping well and or not resting during naps and disrupting others, a parent may be called to pick them up. I also changed my rates in the contract. In my contract, one month's notice is to be given if they plan on leaving. I changed my contract once and they signed the updated contract which had been highlighted so they knew the changes in rates and in sleeping policies. They gave notice two weeks ago saying that in two weeks would be their last day.
I informed them that they need to give a months' notice thus they'll owe me for the remainder of the other two weeks. Now they are refusing to pay, bringing up that I care more about getting paid and that they've kept their mouth shut to this point about all my unprofessional communication and that they never got an updated contract so they feel I'm doing whatever I want and not being fair. Also that I'm not giving any leniency especially since I don't give a months' notice about vacations and that I didn't inform them of any of these changes... So question is...Do I pursue this in small claims court or just let it slide and wash my hands of them? I just want to yell at them but no that is not the way to go.
Cat Herder 01:39 PM 09-01-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
she is 2 1/2.

She wrote all over my couches

Getting in and out of her pack and play, screaming, disrupting other children, etc.

Do I pursue this in small claims court or just let it slide and wash my hands of them?
In your shoes I'd just let it slide.

In small claims court the above issues may speak to supervision and age appropriate sleep concerns.

I'd tread lightly, here.
Tags:notice - 30 day, pnp, safe sleep, supervision - active vs. passive, toddler care, toddler play area
Reply Up