Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Three Weeks and Can't Wait!
VWMom 05:13 AM 05-11-2016
After doing childcare in my home for the last 25 years, I am three weeks away from my retirement
This career came out of necessity. My daughter was six weeks old and I put her in daycare. It was in a home with my sister in law who was very loving and experienced, but everyday I would pick her up and cry the entire way home at the thought of all I had missed with her that day. I decided to start doing daycare out of my home. My daughter is now a grown woman with twin babies of her own, and will be taking over my business. I am longing for my days that don't include diaper changes, wearing clothes that don't have dried burgers on them and not having a line of water bottles on my cupboard every evening.
Josiegirl 05:42 AM 05-11-2016
Congratulations and best of luck with your retirement!!!

It's funny the things we can't wait to get rid of. Mine would be cabinet locks and outlet plugs. Dc materials and toys have pretty much taken over my home, inside and out but those would be harder to part with. Might have to save some of those things for any grandchildren I might have some day.
daycarediva 06:19 AM 05-11-2016
Congratulations on your retirement! That is a history of many children loved and cared for in your program. I'm sure your daughter will do a great job, and you can enjoy just being grandma!
Laurel 10:14 AM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by VWMom:
After doing childcare in my home for the last 25 years, I am three weeks away from my retirement
This career came out of necessity. My daughter was six weeks old and I put her in daycare. It was in a home with my sister in law who was very loving and experienced, but everyday I would pick her up and cry the entire way home at the thought of all I had missed with her that day. I decided to start doing daycare out of my home. My daughter is now a grown woman with twin babies of her own, and will be taking over my business. I am longing for my days that don't include diaper changes, wearing clothes that don't have dried burgers on them and not having a line of water bottles on my cupboard every evening.
Congratulations! I retired about 2 years ago after 20 years and am loving retirement. Not that I didn't like doing childcare. I did and feel it is one of the most important jobs one can do. I got great satisfaction from the job.

I love being just a grandma though! My kids my way!

Enjoy being retired, you earned it!
CityGarden 10:19 AM 05-11-2016
Woo Hoo Happy Dance!!!

CONGRATS!
Tags:quitting daycare, retirement
Reply Up