Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thoughts on Opening a Daycare in a One Bedroom Apartment?

I am really wanting to open a daycare in california. I know most of what i need to do it and have lots of experience but I am curious how it would work in a one bedroom. Also what do some of you charge in california how many people charge hourly? Also any advice for a newcomer is welcomed.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:28 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I am sorry that I really can't be helpful BUT please read your lease. Before we bought our house we lived in an apartment. Our leased specifically said NO AT HOME BUSINESSES INCLUDING CHILDCARE
Old 10-29-2019, 06:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

Look into the square footage requirements first and remember in most states it is “usable square footage” not just total.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Noise and neighbors!
Old 10-30-2019, 06:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Naptime would be beyond challenging.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My usable space requirement indoors is 35 square feet per child. Any area with furniture is subtracted from the total space. It must be free space.

Playground space is double, must be fenced and clear of water/animal hazards and transportation is frowned upon. How would you meet daily outdoor time requirements?

It is possible, you just need to really plan things out in advance.

Tags
new business, small space, starting a daycare, tuition