Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SOOOO Frustrated
Francine 08:24 AM 12-27-2011
So over Christmas weekend I picked up all of the toys in the playroom that the kids were bored with and that caused problems. Meijer had Little People toys buy two get one free a couple of weeks ago plu I had a ten dolar coupon. I bought 2 of the big garage ramp things and one of the jungle animal things. I put them all together yesterday and set them in the playroom. I only have two kids today so it's plenty for the two of them. Nope, they still can't play nicely! If it's the 20 months old in the playroom by himself he will play but if the 2 1/2 year old is in there by himself all he does is whine like he is being tortured HAVING to play with the brand new stinking toys. I went in there a little while ago, they had the toy garages laying on their sides, on top of each other with pieces broken off (not really broke, just not attached) I am seriously thinking that I am going to take them apart, put them back in the boxes and return them to Meijer. Even on sale the three of them still cost me 75.00. I am just so over the fighting with these two kids. My three year old who isn't here today is great but these two are driving me nuts.
daycare 10:08 AM 12-27-2011
it sounds like you need to show them how to play with each other and will need a little more adult involvement.

Show them what you want them to do and how to do it. Children are little sponges and love to mirror those they love...

These toys sound like they are the right age group for them. Don't give up, keep trying..

You also have to think about what do mommy and daddy do at home? Are they entertaining these little ones non-stop? Are these kids there full time or part time? If they are part time, it will be like starting over every time they leave and come back. BUT it will get better over time..

Hang in there and try not to give up just yet....
Candyland 11:30 PM 12-27-2011
I agree!
Meyou 02:37 AM 12-28-2011
I totally agree with daycare and to take it a step further it sounds like these kids need a couple of lessons in treating toys (and each other) nicely. I expect even the littlest of my DCK's to treat my toys nicely. We play with them they way they should be played with, we don't put our feet on toys, we don't break pieces off, we don't tip them over, we aren't rough and we put them away when we're done.

It takes a few weeks of correction but they do learn that toys at your house are not the same as toys at home. Personally I give a warning and a chance for them to correct whatever they're doing and then I take the toy away for the day.
melskids 03:23 AM 12-28-2011
I agree with daycare and meyou.

I think they may need some more instruction and adult guidance until they learn how to play.

I have some that could play for hours without me, and others who need me to show them what to do. Especially with new stuff, or things they haven't seen in awhile.
Reply Up